Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1598341767564345345

Oh, good. We have the attention of that guy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

1 for 500 word Rangers PAS posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1598376689716891669

Probably best for Tarasov to go to Cleveland and build experience on a more competitive team. He's looked good this season and was rocking a .942 across the last two games (W vs. Florida, SOL vs. Vegas).

I just want to watch Patty sock Johnny Gaudreau-fed dingers and donate to the homeless in the process at this point, damnit.

e- https://twitter.com/sarah____kent/status/1596565588100665344

Maybe the CBJ will get the losing out of their system after seeing another Ohio team expected to win get pantsed in person. (Though I guess Blankenburg was alright with the outcome, but he was playing well anyway.)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 1, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

Torts just called Chuck and the front office the gently caress out lmao

https://twitter.com/thelibertyyell/status/1598399074008530946?s=46&t=eeVzroLqYXxlIVFBZo1Z6g

He's going to become a cult hero in Philadelphia if he keeps this up.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jake Voracek may be cooked from hot brains:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1598754994559254547?t=w1q7IR7VCh2U3g-O6r0Zqg&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Porty is hinting that Jake Voracek is announcing his retirement tomorrow due to concussions.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

More context about the thought process that goes into players with extended concussion issues retiring as opposed to playing on:

quote:

“At the time, I felt that I could play and still could have battled through certain things,” Nash said. “I can only speak to my situation, but I just made the decision that my family was more important to me than the game.

“The game gave me a special life, but if I can’t live comfortably after that, what was the point of all those years? I wanted to watch my kids grow up more. I have no regrets. The further I get away from my playing days, I know I made the right decision.”

Nash would have signed a contract to return to the Blue Jackets had his concussion symptoms cleared and doctors permitted him to play again. Instead, he’s been working for the organization since a few months after he retired.

“At the odd time (the old symptoms) will still creep up,” Nash said. “But it gets better and better.”

I'm glad Rick did what was best for himself, but there's still a piece of me that would've loved to have seen what he would've been able to add to the 2018-19 CBJ in one last hurrah.

https://theathletic.com/3962091/2022/12/04/blue-jackets-jakub-voracek-elvis-merzlikins/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Johnny Gaudreau just moved into a tie for the most assists since January 1st with McJesus at 72.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1599796731348226050?t=cOm6m65BvgGjjanYeg73JA&s=19

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1599800231993950208?t=g2PDqE0stThdCFFVBYp1Zg&s=19

He's had 7-8 documented concussions. :stonk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

How the hell is Columbus down with Chicago/Arizona/Anaheim?

They played like rear end and went 3-9-1 to start the season before Finland. It was at/around the point where Laine (IR twice), Korpisalo (recovering from hip surgery), Elvis (IR once), Voracek (out indefinitely, career might be over), Werenski (see you in 23-24), Bean (out 4-6 months), Nick Blankenburg (out 4-6 months), Boqvist (who I had to remember was on the team) and other key pieces went down and they had like $40M in cap space on IR; IIRC, they've iced 14 defensemen this year. A sample lineup of what they're running right now is:

Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine
Nyquist-Roslovic-Johnson
Chinakhov-Sillinger-Foudy
Robinson-Kuraly-Meyer

Gavrikov-Bjork
Christansen-Gudbranson
Bayreuther-Peeke

Korpi
Elvis

Ironically, the team started to play better when the kids and AHLers started showing up. Kent Johnson is quietly third in rookie scoring and seems to have the skill, just needing some fine-tuning. Kirill Marchenko finally makes his debut tomorrow. One of the big finds has been Marcus Bjork, an SHL defenseman a prominent Swedish hockey writer thought would never get anywhere close to the NHL, but has 2-3-5 in 10GP.

Even in losses, they've looked decent since Finland, which is having them return/regress to who they were last year; a team that wasn't particularly good in no small part due to issues on the blue line and in net, but was enough to be in games and snatch wins. It's encouraging, but also not sucking hard for Bedard, and is thus frustrating. One big part of that has been Daniil Tarasov, who looked solid in his last two starts (1-0-1) before going back to Cleveland. Joonas Korpisalo has also looked much better this year, which makes me wonder if he wasn't playing hurt in 2021-22.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, maybe we'll get Gallant after all!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

stab posted:

Somewhere Joe Thornton has the urge to whip his dick out and he doesn't know why

He should've hung on a couple more years and signed with Buffalo.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 8, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cross-posting, but

CBJSprague24 posted:

Why couldn't they have done this against Washington so Ovie could get free goals from the free goal store?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Johnny Hockey thanking god tonight he didn't have to go to the Devils.

At least he's doing his part. 25GP 9-19-28.

For that matter, so is (taps avatar), who is quietly approaching PPG pace (12GP 6-3-9).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Does Ovi get the circle jerk league-wide number retirement if he passes him or is that a dumb honor reserved only for Wayne?

Because, unlike 99, there are 20 other players who currently may take issue.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

On a number-related tangent, only one player has ever worn #6 for the Detroit Red Wings and, for the name alone, it should hang from the rafters.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/b/burtocu01.html

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1602018929655910400?s=46&t=znDCqWWAVKu7n9BajL5OgQ

Has never really lived up to that d+1 season in the KHL, but it’s that time of years where teams’ depth is being tested due to an Avalanche of injuries. I could see somebody giving him a shot in their top-6 for a couple weeks due to first round pedigree

He's cheap. He's Finnish. His potential new team is banged up.

Come to Butthead.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

It was surprising, then, when Gudbranson made a statement before talking to the media in advance of Friday’s game vs. Calgary:

“This is for the Columbus (media). I made a comment after our last game. You know, context is so important. The way it came out on the other side was certainly not my intention. We were speaking about our practice habits, and that comment was based on the players and us taking ownership. It had nothing to do with the coaching staff being unprepared or preparing us. Those guys spend hours and hours and hours working so hard to get us prepared. There are little details that we can control that we need to control a little bit better. That was the message and I wanted to clarify that.”

Clearly, Gudbranson’s comment, as innocuous as it seemed, didn’t sit well with somebody in the organization. But it’s a troubling sign that somebody — anybody — was worried about messaging in the wake of that ugly display on home ice.

It was a reminder of the early days of the organization, when the Blue Jackets were a disaster on ice and legendary center Sergei Fedorov was scolded by then-GM Doug MacLean for his blunt, but fair critique of young wingers Rick Nash and Nikolai Zherdev.

That experience told Fedorov all he needed to know about the organization.

https://theathletic.com/3988978/2022/12/11/blue-jackets-2023-draft-center/

Boy, we're back to the "look, our team sucks, but you should say NICE things about it!" days, are we? :shepicide:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

N: CBJ are 7-6-2 since Finland.

V: That's not the kind of pace that gets you Connor Bedard, though Jack Roslovic suddenly finding his game is something I approve of.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

Kind of poetic if it happens in the match against Detroit

Let's get Ken Daniels despondent as a preview of Wayne doing it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Dom came out with new player cards and lol if they aren’t even more indecipherable than the last ones

At first, I read that as insufferable and was going to agree based upon the cards' creator alone.

I wish The Athletic had local team-only subscriptions because I'm really not a fan of the rest of their NHL coverage at this point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ImplicitAssembler posted:

The Canucks content is worse than the team right now...was about to cancel, but then realized I'm only paying $2CAD/month.

Portzline's CBJ coverage is the only reason I renewed. Their racing coverage is fine but nothing I can't get on Twitter anyway.

DGB is alright. Every time I see something from Dom, it has a Wysh-esque "trying to be snarky and authentic" gimmick that doesn't land.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1603846186292625408

Sure, that'll do it.

Unless this means they're getting rid of the dumb, REGIONAL RIVALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES playoff format we get now and go back to 1/8, 2/7, etc., at which point, let's go.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I went to Buffalo's roster page to see their team stats for the year and wondered if goaltending was an issue and there's Craig Fuckin' Anderson rising like a 41-year old phoenix like he did a couple years ago in DC with a 6-4-1 record, .922, and 2.66GAA at 41 years old.

(Their other goalies are 3.5+ GAA, I think, I didn't pay that much attention, I was just happy to see Craig Anderson still kicking around and doing well-ish.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1604878779406499840?t=erXNH_5mdjF7LjiNqLE5lQ&s=19

:tif:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsPR/status/1604983353022742529?t=ee08QhRA5miBWIXWwgigVw&s=19

Johnny.

clean ayers act posted:

im not a betting man, but i would put all my money on Ovie passing Howe tonight against the wings.

Need to have someone monitoring Ken Daniels for a wellness check if this happens.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jhet posted:

Shoulda done it when they played the Devils.

I guess it's related to Jenner getting hurt and Lars wanting more leadership, but yes, this would be pro-tier.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

EA really needs to patch the physics...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Struggling to find it right now but Bucci had a tweet recently that said something like if he keeps on his current pace, he would be able to pass Wayne sometime in December 2025.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just realized that, had Chicago won the lottery last year, Columbus would be holding the #1 and #2 picks as of now pending lottery shenanigans.

That's going to be the next entry in the ongoing curse of how Columbus misses out on generational talent, isn't it? :shepicide:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The City of Buffalo is lifting the driving ban at midnight tonight, so the Sabres/Red Wings game is most likely on for tomorrow night.

Preemptive Congratulations to Detroit on their win against a team that hadn’t played a game in ten days and hadn’t practiced in a week.

Heh, I'll be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The digital boards caused the Isles/CBJ game to be a stuttering mess for 3-4 minutes. :downsbravo: