Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I agonized over whether to renew my tickets after the Kraken's disaster first season. So glad I ended up doing it and hyped to see them at #3 in point percentage in the NHL right now. They might be overperforming but they definitely don't suck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

They are. They kind of do/kind of don't. The west is a gigantic floating pile of garbage though so they'll very likely make the playoffs. Congrats.

They're 4-1 vs. the east though to be fair they haven't played the best teams in the East. (Carolina - L, Penguins, Penguins, Rangers, Capitals). They're 2-2 against the other good teams in the west (Jets, Avalanche, Knights, have not played the Stars). I'm not sure "The West sucks" is a reason to think Kraken are frauds. Shooting percentage and iffy goaltending seem like reasons to me to be skeptical they can maintain the current pace, but the 5 on 5 numbers look pretty good and it would be surprising if they lost more than they won going forward wouldn't it?

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Appreciate the effort post, thanks! I am still new to hockey so I'm not sure how to accurately interpret the play I am seeing but it sure is more fun watching wins than losses. I figured I would have to sit through a couple more losing seasons before the team became at all competitive. So if they end up making the playoffs and being like a 4 seed I will be pretty happy.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Well the Kraken appear to have turned back into the pumpkin of last year's team with terrible defense, worse goaltending, and chaos sloppy offense. But at least Shane Wright got his first goal tonight.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Jhet posted:

I'm pretty sure they only resigned Sprong because they couldn't find anyone else they wanted for that spot on the 4th line. So this kind of makes sense to me. I can't wait for Wright to get back from the world juniors so he can get scratched for Tolvanen as well.

Francis is a drat idiot.

Some Kraken twitter guy speculates a Tolvanen-Wright-Sprong all-offense 4th line when Wright returns.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Pre-pre-season -> preseason -> tournament. Love to play 90 preseason games a year.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Wait so you're allowed to just ram the guy with the puck coming down the ice? Why doesn't the defense just do that on every play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

DancingMachine posted:

I agonized over whether to renew my tickets after the Kraken's disaster first season. So glad I ended up doing it and hyped to see them at #3 in point percentage in the NHL right now. They might be overperforming but they definitely don't suck!

Since I wrote this post the Kraken are 1-5 with 13 GF 24 GA. Apologies to my fellow Seattle hockey fans for having a some hope.