Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What best approximates your holiday experience?
This poll is closed.
A time of festivities with family and friends that reminds you of life and love 5 13.89%
A time of rumination and reflection as you consider your year and the next 4 11.11%
A time of quiet, cloudy depression where you fold yourself in shows and video games until it's over 17 47.22%
A time to smoke just so much god damned weed 10 27.78%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
TJ Dillashaw seemed destined to be a poster boy for why it’s bad to be the guy who ignores bodily trauma to be *tough* ever since the Cejudo fight. Regardless of how you feel about the guy, going into a fight with a shoulder that’s slipping out of the socket and then fighting with an arm dangling uselessly by your hip so you can get pounded is just the dumbest idea*

*unless he was literally going for one last payday and the chance to get his shoulder surgery paid for by the UFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Aye Doc posted:

look im not gonna pretend to know which of these goofy rear end crypto sites are posting legit news and which are satire or w/e but,

https://www.cryptocoinopps.com/the-facts-ufc-fighters-not-paid-a-crypto-com-btc-bonus/

crypto.com hasn't paid a bonus out in 3 months, that's a thing i'm gonna believe no matter the source because it's so on brand for both crypto and the ufc

Tbf it sounds like they’re just not awarding the bonus at all, which is actually slightly better than awarding it and not paying it, as the headline seems to imply.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I like the crazy long write ups, but can we get a ban on quoting them in full? Reading this thread involves so much scrolling I feel like I miss content.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Fozzy The Bear posted:

A 24 hour probation would be good enough, because then the poster won't be able to participate in the GDT until after it happened. And I agree, even if someone just quotes half of it, that is a ton of scrolling.

Yeah for clarification, I meant banning the act of quoting walls of text, not that a ban should be the punishment.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

delightful posted:

I wouldn't mind paying for UFC if it wasn't so damned expensive. Without linking to any :files:, I hate the streaming sites. Just non-stop nazi comments kills my buzz for good cards. I hate that my options are: overpay for mediocre quality or immerse myself in the absolute worst of humanity. Why are so many MMA fans the most racist pieces of poo poo you've ever seen? (This is rhetorical)

Just maximize the video and ignore the chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Also smart tvs/rokus/fire tv/whatever also have web browsers, so if you punch up your favorite streaming site and full screen the video you can just watch it on your tv like if you ordered the PPV.