Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I was just thinking today that if you're someone who gives any advice to CJ Stroud or Bryce Young you can't let them play for the Texans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Are there likely to be any QBs taken in the top 5 this year?

There will always be teams who will talk themselves into taking a QB.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I really wanted Watson. Instead we chose a safety.

Turns out we both were wrong lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I know. Fiz also had a comment that he's too small to survive and now Watson is like 6'3" 220 and compared to like Bryce Young who is maybe 5'11" 200 and expected to go #1 overall. The discourse is pretty funny in restrospect.

Also the sexpest thing.

QB size discourse is so different now. It doesn't seem to matter at all anymore....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

There's been a lot of QB protection rules and changes between 2017 and today.

That is more true for QBs who run the ball on designed plays. I still think smaller QBs even like Wilson and Mayfield have trouble seeing over the line and get more passes knocked down that your league avg QB.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1630234760365887490

I would be shocked if this dude isn't a very good pro.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s more that there are nuances involved that most of TFF don’t care to learn and it becomes really frustrating to read. And there’s no room for specific nuance here - people will jump all over you. It’s like reading mcmagics opinions on contract law

lol @ me catching strays in this thread I hardly ever post in.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Are there no good receivers or TEs there?

Fair altho the main difference there is mcmagic’s opinions seem crafted in a lab to provide maximum entertainment to non AFCE/Jets fans
all the AFCE posters love me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1651356459349733376

The Mannings get veto power over Colts draft picks? lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

What's next? They going to have say over who they want as head coach?

That worked out well

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

Saw Seattle WITHOUT Richardson at five? 😡

Scrolled down and saw Seattle DRAFTED Richardson at 20! 😊

I feel like any team drafting Richardson over Carter should have their team taken away from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Richardson never killed anyone

Carter didn't kill anyone either. He was just doing something really dumb that got someone killed. Big difference lol.