Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Today is Friday and the 13th day of games for the FIFA World Cup of VAR.

It is also the last day of having to watch 4 soccer games in 1 day! Here are the charts stolen from Reddit on who can qualify!

Also can't not post this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fans of narratives and red cards watch Ghana-Uruguay. All week has been just interviews with the players who were there in 2010 saying 'no we haven't forgiven him and we're still salty about that handball' and Suarez saying 'it was cool and I enjoyed it actually'. It's going to be a bad tempered game and I'm ready for a proper grudge match

Otherwise not that interesting but would like Cameroon to go through

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If there was a player I thought could be capable of doing the Eddie Guerrero 'hit the ground with a chair, throw the mangled chair to your opponent while the ref isn't looking and go down like you've been hit and get your opponent DQd' move on a football pitch it would be Suarez or possibly Sergio Ramos

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i'm probably watching ghana-uruguay on the tv and wil have sk-por up on my laptop. i personally want sk to make it to round of 16 cause i like sonny but that team has looked dire.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Ban anyone who wants Uruguay to go through.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

If there was a player I thought could be capable of doing the Eddie Guerrero 'hit the ground with a chair, throw the mangled chair to your opponent while the ref isn't looking and go down like you've been hit and get your opponent DQd' move on a football pitch it would be Suarez or possibly Sergio Ramos

we lie, we cheat, we steal, we use racial slurs as a form of endearment

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
if u aint pro ghana u ghana get rekt

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Today I no longer feel Saudi.

I no longer feel arab.

I feel Japanese.

I feel Ainu

I feel gunpla

I feel anime

Saudi Arabia died; so I have been Isekai’d to Japan.

Nippon ICHI

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Really enjoying listening to the matches while I work this world cup, though Ghana/Uruguay aside i'm not sure how today's matches can live up to excitement of the last couple of days for me, first as an Australian and then as a fan of trying to figure out group math on the fly

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We are all Ghanaians today.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Fans of narratives and red cards watch Ghana-Uruguay. All week has been just interviews with the players who were there in 2010 saying 'no we haven't forgiven him and we're still salty about that handball' and Suarez saying 'it was cool and I enjoyed it actually'. It's going to be a bad tempered game and I'm ready for a proper grudge match

Otherwise not that interesting but would like Cameroon to go through

I heard a Suarez interview and he basically said he got his punishment (red card, penalty) and it's not his fault Gyan(?) missed.

He's got a point imo

e: like yeah he's a massive oval office on the wind-up but it is quite funny in this instance

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

if u aint pro ghana u ghana get rekt

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

sebzilla posted:

I heard a Suarez interview and he basically said he got his punishment (red card, penalty) and it's not his fault Gyan(?) missed.

He's got a point imo

e: like yeah he's a massive oval office on the wind-up but it is quite funny in this instance

so you're saying Hennessey got off easy. i do not envy anybody who embroils themselves into blood feuds with both the jews AND the persians.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah to be clear Ghana were not cheated out of a win as they were awarded a penalty for the handball which they then missed, and then missed many subsequent penalties in the shootout. I wouldn't tell Jordan Ayew that though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sebzilla posted:

He's got a point imo

I think suarez is a oval office for very many rasons, but every pro footballer would have done what he did. It was also not particularly unfair: he got sent off, suspended and ghana got a pen. It's not like when Henry tricked the ref by handballing and eliminating Ireland.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TheRat posted:

It's not like when Henry tricked the ref by handballing and eliminating Ireland.

Lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TDepressionEarl posted:

so you're saying Hennessey got off easy. i do not envy anybody who embroils themselves into blood feuds with both the jews AND the persians.

What?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

What in the world?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I can't really see anyone but the Swiss getting through, even if they are bad.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

rugby union refs awards a try + points after outright for intentionally illegal actions that prevent a try

i prefer that but the united states are inexplicably poo poo at rugby despite a dearth of large, fast, and thoughtful universty men. (defeated by portugal on points difference in qualifying despite huge blowouts of hong kong and kenya, How were we supposed to know we had to destroy Kenya 85-0 to continue?)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

It's not like when Henry tricked the ref by handballing and eliminating Ireland.

Still an open wound for many people.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

rugby union refs awards a try + points after outright for intentionally illegal actions that prevent a try

Sounds awful, op

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

TheRat posted:

What in the world?

Hennessey obviously can't hand ball what would have been the decider as a goalkeeper, but to me, mauling a passed attacker 40 yards away from an otherwise empty net is as egregious as a handball in the box.

Iran would have remembered it forever if they were knocked out on that lack of goal.

TheRat posted:

Sounds awful, op

it actually stops the game from being an awful defensive slog, prevents injuries, and encourages fair play

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining some poo poo clogger getting hacked down when clean through on goal and the ref awarding a goal and the other team taking it to an FA tribunal because they don't believe that the striker would have been able to finish the chance

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

it actually stops the game from being awful defensive slog, prevents injuries, and encourages fair play

Defense is part of the beautiful game. Taking a card for the team is part of the beautiful game.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Imagining some poo poo clogger getting hacked down when clean through on goal and the ref awarding a goal and the other team taking it to an FA tribunal because they don't believe that the striker would have been able to finish the chance

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Last weekends action in the wonderfully fair sport of rugby union saw a player on the worlds best team sent off because he sent his shoulder, at speed, into the face of an opponent who couldn’t move his arms to defend himself.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TDepressionEarl posted:

i prefer that but the united states are inexplicably poo poo at rugby despite a dearth of large, fast, and thoughtful universty men. (defeated by portugal on points difference in qualifying despite huge blowouts of hong kong and kenya, How were we supposed to know we had to destroy Kenya 85-0 to continue?)

Of course USA is terrible at Rugby. Anyone that shows the smallest bit of Rugby talent is going to play American Football instead.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'm continuing to lmao at everyone who doesn't understand how spheres and planes work and all of their incredibly stupid takes (my favourite: the ball should only count as in if it's physically touching the line)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I refuse to understand spheres or planes. The only shape we recognise in TRP is the blessed triangle

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What about spherical planes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They can all be made of triangles. Very big ones or lots of very small.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
The plane I believe in is the one to Uruguay that's going to be taking off later this evening

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if Ghana score and go through I am going to post "out pops a smiling Asamoah Gyan"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

a perfectly cuboid ball would solve many officiating problems

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If we treat the ball as a point object and model the players as cylinders, the game basically simulates itself.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I hope Suarez cries today as hard as he celebrated 12 years ago.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Riven posted:

I hope Suarez cries today as hard as he celebrated 12 years ago.

Same but tears of joy

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Feel it

Ghana is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Of course USA is terrible at Rugby. Anyone that shows the smallest bit of Rugby talent is going to play American Football instead.

Not rich white kids