Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

the sex ghost posted:

I refuse to understand spheres or planes. The only shape we recognise in TRP is the blessed triangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

the sex ghost posted:

I refuse to understand spheres or planes. The only shape we recognise in TRP is the blessed triangle

Blessed be the triangles.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6BwvDcANg

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Tune

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

honestly don't really care who wins any games today. I'd say it's uncharted territory except there's charts in the op

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

wait, I would have to root for Uruguay for SK to advance? :barf:

why charts, why

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can a meteor please hit the Portugal locker room before the game starts so we can have South Korea and Ghana go through instead?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

AnacondaHL posted:

wait, I would have to root for Uruguay for SK to advance? :barf:

why charts, why

:negative: not like this. Please not like this

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

whypick1 posted:

Can a meteor please hit the Portugal locker room before the game starts so we can have South Korea and Ghana go through instead?

If an entire team died due to an "act of God" I wonder what they would actually do. Presumably a win via default to their opponents?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Porrima posted:

If an entire team died due to an "act of God" I wonder what they would actually do. Presumably a win via default to their opponents?

AFAICT there's a force majeure clause that says FIFA can do whatever they drat well want. In this case I assume would mean FIFA would cancel the rest of the tourney and give the trophy to Portugal just to spite all of us.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

ok I will compromise and accept Uruguay victory if it includes Luis Suarez getting hit in the balls moderately hard

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Last day of 4 games a day, I'll miss it

Ghana Uruguay
Referee: Daniel SIEBERT (GER)
VAR: Bastian Dankert (GER)

Siebert is probably the lowest ranked UEFA referee that is going to have a whistle at this tournament. I thought they might put one of the two Argentineans on this given they did that in 2018 for a Uruguay game and they would need another group stage game, but they went this route instead and put those guys on two of the other games. A big proving ground for Siebert. If he knocks this out of the park, he could earn a knockout match. And if not? They kept everyone else's hands clean.

South Korea Portugal
Referee: Facundo TELLO (ARG)
VAR: Nicolas Gallo (COL)

Tello had Switzerland Cameroon so when they slotted in Siebert on Ghana Uruguay, this kind of became the only game left. Gallo's VAR intervention in the tournament so far was to turn an offside call into a goal in Cameroon Serbia.

Cameroon Brazil
Referee: Ismail ELFATH (USA)
VAR: Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez (ESP)

I thought Elfath might be One and Done after Portugal Ghana, but he gets another game after all. Here's something interesting: Armando Villareal (USA) was his VAR in that game, and, while it's not always been 1-to-1 (I dont think? Maybe it has), they typically like to pair the VAR teams with referees they work together with a lot. Armando is not on this game in any capacity - all five VAR seats are occupied by Spaniards. What does that mean? I'm not exactly sure, but it's a little strange. It leads me to believe FIFA wanted a VAR intervention to overturn the penalty, but I've also heard through like.... third or fourth hand information that FIFA didn't consider the penalty a miss. That conflicts with a desire to pull Villareal off the pairing though, so... who knows. My current leading theory is that FIFA don't consider it a miss but also weren't happy with it, so Villareal is done, and they needed someone to fill this slot and thought "outside the penalty it was fine, Brazil are already qualified, lets just give him this parting match to keep the CONCACAF folks happy". I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

Serbia Switzerland
Referee: Fernando RAPALLINI (ARG)
VAR: Mauro Vigliano (ARG)

Rapallini was fine in Morocco Canada and deserved a second game. Vigliano had one VAR intervention in Germany Japan for offside. Got it all to play for here so a good choice imo.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

if u aint pro ghana u ghana get rekt

Is Mota (obonsam tawa) legal in Ghana? Just asking.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

AnacondaHL posted:

ok I will compromise and accept Uruguay victory if it includes Luis Suarez getting hit in the balls moderately hard

Mods, this is filth

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

AFAICT there's a force majeure clause that says FIFA can do whatever they drat well want. In this case I assume would mean FIFA would cancel the rest of the tourney and give the trophy to Portugal just to spite all of us.

They'd let third place in the group go through, hand out the black armbands, do a minutes silence before kick off and then tell everybody to get the gently caress back to satisfying those advertisers.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

goatface posted:

They'd let third place in the group go through, hand out the black armbands, do a minutes silence before kick off and then tell everybody to get the gently caress back to satisfying those advertisers.

But who is the third place would depend, probably, on what kind of result they give to the unplayed game

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Porrima posted:

But who is the third place would depend, probably, on what kind of result they give to the unplayed game

Void the results of the dead team games, 3 team group, top 2 advance

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Porrima posted:

I think 2-0 is the standard when one team doesn't show up.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
the 3rd place team would then be killed in a manner as close to possible as that of the initially killed team, with the help of VAR

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I watched the 2010 Uruguay v Ghana match this morning. I see Suarez is back. Any other players from either team returning?

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

goatface posted:

that's how it works in Blood Bowl

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Is Suarez the dude that bites and inserts his finger in the assholes of other players?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

goatface posted:

3-0 is the standard forfeit/walkover result.

goatface posted:

Oh, I'm sure the tourney would actually go on because money, but giving Ronaldo a posthumous World Cup trophy is possibly the most revolting outcome I can think so I have to assume FIFA would do it.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Is Suarez the dude that bites and inserts his finger in the assholes of other players?

Biting yes, don't think he's been accused of performing an oil check though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I think you're projecting the rear end in a top hat fingering but, yes, he has bitten more than one person in a football match

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's a rugby player at heart.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

3-0 is the standard forfeit/walkover result.

Ah, ty

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
oh, i thought he was biting his own finger before inserting it. i'm not sure what the motivation would be there, though. texture?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

What's the funniest thing that could happen in Uruguay - Ghana game? Would it be funny if Suarez saves a goal again with his hand, guaranteeing Uruguay go through? Or would the reverse be funnier?

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Average Lettuce posted:

What's the funniest thing that could happen in Uruguay - Ghana game? Would it be funny if Suarez saves a goal again with his hand, guaranteeing Uruguay go through? Or would the reverse be funnier?

Uruguay is the only remaining goalless team so I'd think them remaining so is funny

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Average Lettuce posted:

It is crazy that Uruguay won because he cheated

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im rooting for ghana. you could say im a ghoon

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What’s this win tiebreaker for Korea to advance? I thought it was just Korea and Uruguay win and they are in

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol this game is already full of dirty contact. I cant wait.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Average Lettuce posted:

ghana score a goal and the celebration is them all biting their forearms

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

What’s this win tiebreaker for Korea to advance? I thought it was just Korea and Uruguay win and they are in

Uruguay could overtake SK on goal differential to advance

vvv OK, now I'm rooting for RANDOM DRAW

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1598692471235436544

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Ffffuuuuck

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

:negative:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

god drat it south korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
imagine if old man ronaldo wins the world cup and immediately fucks off to play in the saudi arabia league for a million dollars per second