Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The LF Ron Paulers or the CSPAM Hillmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
should've done a poll

:gas:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
the ron paulers but i didnt read cspam or anything in the hillary era

i mean they were funnier. might be better might be worse

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cloks posted:

should've done a poll

:gas:

im keeping track manually currently its

Ron Paulers: 1

Hillmen: 0

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i wanna change my vote

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
idk that i encountered a hillman ever, but ron paulers can at least point to legal weed as a benefit to ron pauling, but stanning hillary is completely unjustifiable ergo hillmen are worse

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Ron paulers were harmless dorks who now have large Funko pop collections and live in bunkers in new Hampshire, hillmen now either work for bellingcat or still post in the COVID thread

Morbus
May 18, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im keeping track manually currently its

Ron Paulers: 1

Hillmen: 0

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Karl Barks posted:

Ron paulers were harmless dorks who now have large Funko pop collections and live in bunkers in new Hampshire, hillmen now either work for bellingcat or still post in the COVID thread

Yeah this, plus fishmech wasn't a Ron Paul supporter iirc, so there you go.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Karl Barks posted:

karl which one were you

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Majorian posted:

Yeah this, plus fishmech wasn't a Ron Paul supporter iirc, so there you go.

free fishmech

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Cuttlefush posted:

free fishmech

Please god, no.

The Ron Paulers were only really obnoxious in environments they controlled, where you couldn't just call them loving morons who had no idea how anything worked. They werent actually unpleasant to deal with in LF/Helldump, where they served the function of being the politics discourse version of the noob orcs directly outside the starting city in an MMO.

Hillshills are irredeemable.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

americans all look the same to me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

you are worse

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Ron Paulers led to TobleroneTriangular, so they at least produced something of value

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

AnimeIsTrash posted:

karl which one were you

I'm one of the Funko pops

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/1598716122194247683

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Ron Paul never started any wars.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Ron Paul would have done at least as much as Bernie Sanders to harm the MIC and he would have been disastrous for America at home so he was unironically the best mainstream party candidate for President in...i dunno maybe American history?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hillmen, no question.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
the ron paullers were a forums treasure.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol wow I was certain he was dead

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hillarymen op

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zodium posted:

americans all look the same to me

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
excuse me, that’s dr ron paul to you

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
the LF Ron Paul guys all eventually became interesting radicals or quit posting.

all the hillfolk never changed and still post like debate nerds.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I don’t remember if anyone in LF toxxed for Ron Paul but if they did I’m sure they accepted their fate unlike the Hillmen who iirc threatened suicide to weasel out of paying $10.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I still find it funny how Ron Paul based on his political style, state, look, and name alone is an echo of Ross Perot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

VideoKid posted:

the Hillmen who iirc threatened suicide to weasel out of paying $10.

is this real.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

is this real.

Someone can check

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776185&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I have in my hand here a list of hillmen that continue to post here

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797259

Lol here's part 2 of the hillary toxx.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

indigi posted:

is this real.

idk but one of the big arguments was that it would be suicidal for the forum because people just wouldn’t come back. gee maybe you should have thought of that before allowing tox.

oh no the site is critically reliant on support from these guys and will vanish.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
toxes were and are usually stupid

sometimes funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I think using toxxes for predictions was stupid, but getting rid of them all together was stupider.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's funny if it's incredibly specific or involves some ostentatious feat being performed by the toxxer. or if it sparks mod challenge

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
i liked the toxx where a guy (a mod?) said he'd eat his hat. and then he made a hat out of fruit, the clever bastard.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Oh ok I was wrong. Looks like the mods at the time were too lazy to go thorough the threadworried about losing a bunch of users so they came up with a stupid compromise.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Karl Barks posted:

ron paul 2012

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think using toxxes for predictions was stupid, but getting rid of them all together was stupider.

CSPAM Rules are clear that toxxes aren’t gone as you’re still allowed to toxx yourself. It’s a little something called rational egotism.