Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
Former crown prosecutor loses appeal over Nazi salute to German charity worker

quote:

In his appeal to the Supreme Court, Mr Jacobs denied that the comments were racist, saying he had no way of knowing he was German.

Although he acknowledged he spoke with an accent, Mr Jacobs said if he had to place it, he "may have gone and picked Dutch".

Instead, he claimed he performed the salute because Mr Seidenspinner's behaviour at the lift "reminded him of an SS officer as portrayed in the movies".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

i wish it was recorded. i bet he popped back on his heels, threw his arm up and had this big poo poo eating grin afterwards

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

GPs do get a lot of pressure from patients to just write up a quick script for broad spectrum ABs. a lot of people dont want to have to do the proper pathology when they can just book a appointment and head straight to the pharmacy. I think people not having a “regular” GP contributes to this as well as GP clinics being run as businesses that have to make quick assessments based on a 1-off consult.

its good to have health professionals who are familiar with the patient and their medical/social etc history and leads to better healthcare imo

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

there have been nasty rumors spread in the past about paracetamol providing a guaranteed painless death (it doesn’t), but also paracetamol isnt perhaps as safe as we like to think.

NHS still says it is safe to give during pregnancy but there is growing concerns its not safe for prenatal development and may cause neurodevelopmental, reproductive and urogenital disorders.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41574-021-00553-7

the new (sept 2021) consensus is calling for more research to be done

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

froglet posted:

Guess who's pregnant and been taking the stuff to the max this past week coz there's really not much else I can take with this blasted virus or the tonsilitis that took over after?!

... This gal. :dance: :gonk:

:sigh:

Interesting to know, though. :smith:

i'm didn't mean to be a directed downer, i should read more extensively on the subject before dropping something like that.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

Autisanal Cheese posted:

ah eggboy, a shame he turned out to be a loving anti-vax cooker

ah well, hes just a kid. anyone can be a hero in the right moment