Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm just baffled by their plan though.

1. file themselves as missing persons
2. die in a hail of gunfire?

Why didn't Mohammed Atta wear a parachute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

chugg-palmer

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/FatherBob/status/1610745271092416514

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Again you guys seem to be missing the point here.

Was this common knowledge? I don't think I'd ever heard of it. Not that it's surprising or anything of course.

I don't think the comedy podcast is going to be breaking information that hasn't been reported elsewhere.

To be fair the "palace letters" and such has only been made available in the last 3 or so years.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

of course he's not breaking things, cos it has obviously been reported elsewhere, but it is a big and noisy world and perhaps those sources had not made it to the ears of everyone

Yeah the second part of my post seemed more sarcastic then intended. Revelations were made about political actitivies from 60 years ago... during a pandemic.

Only super clued in people really got a wind of it.

Anyway, gently caress Nixon and gently caress Kissinger I guess.

Perennial.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Does he have a grid?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

screaden posted:

It was a genuine question, Google tells me I am correct

Woah

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Of little interest to me

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hey people still love Prince Harry

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

TheLoneAmigo posted:

What's worse is that it was a surprise party.

They'd been active since the 1930s though?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

No on hates the fash (or the Royal family) more than me, but ffs, it was a costume party. The idea is that you dress up as something you aren't.

It's not disrespecting anyone like, for instance, blackface. It's not glorifying nazism. It's just dress up.

I mean, I'm not a descendant of Shoah survivors (though, like them, I am a descendant of the Canaanites so the Jews are like cousins to me, and I am considering converting to (Reconstructionist) Judaism), so maybe I shouldn't chime in on this, but I really feel like this is Sturm in a Teetasse territory here.

:chloe:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Electric Wrigglies posted:

huh, I thought there was a hate on them. Bad example then.

Next one is pure breed pets, something that is likely from a breeder as opposed to an animal rescue bitsa (unless it is a service dog in which case there is a very good reason blind dogs are specifically bred).

Continue on this line of thought about how dressing as a Nazi on 2004 is the same as being pictured with a pure bred dog in 2022. Really interested in the thought process here.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

but without local councils, how would parking tickets be administered?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Considering that everything goes through the medicare card, you think it would be easy for statistically optimal procedural based automation to spit out recommendations according to services/medications purchased "hey buddy, a twice daily buy of oxy for the last few weeks and no doctor visits - maybe you should go see a doc?" / "hmm that odd combination of tests and medications suggest that it is not a heart problem like you and your doctor think it is but is actually a reaction to the contraceptive pill you are on, better check for that",/ "you have a cold, antibiotics are probably not necessary and pharmacist x has a history of handing them out like candy".

what

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Cartoon posted:

Not unless you can tell me what their union is.

Skynet

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Dav, new thread title : pegged by inflation

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do you think there are members of parliament that don't know how to use a computer?

Bob "The Hacker" Katter

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Recoome posted:

Also [SERIOUS] question here, how does the government expect anyone with a HECS debt to pay off the loan with the 2023 indexation looking like 7.19%? The increase for me will be about 7k this year which means I'm effectively dead in the water as that is slightly more than I contribute in a year.

Have you considered getting an overpaid job as a business consultant?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

sometimes i get confused and think this is the mass effect thread

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The USA (the destroy ending) or China (the control ending).

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

is parliament ok?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Autisanal Cheese posted:

reminds me of this during the election

"We're the managers now"

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lmao

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Was just wondering how old Fred Nile must be and he's 88.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Morrison back at a marketing firm?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

It's not just about Q. It's about the historical context for the structural forces that have created this whole mess. Q is only one of their products, and as a fun detail yes I can finally reveal who it actually was.

Jim Watkins ran for public office. What big reveal is still relevant?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky is my dad

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

EoinCannon posted:

I always remember Stuart Robert cos years ago some journo on Insiders said he was the least intelligent person in the liberal party.

That's actually quite impressive

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

loving hell these two just exude charisma don't they

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

Lowe thinks capitalism is good.

en economic system of competition between 4 banks, 2 food suppliers and 1 media company.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

So since Musk hosed up twitter and all the sane companies withdrew advertising I'm getting ads pretty exclusively for Neom and the ADF

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SecretOfSteel posted:

Better not vote for the voice because Anzac day will be cancelled (maybe Alice Springs too).

Only one flag and no photo of John Howard... :australia:

Richard,

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

eh, It is disingenuous to say that part of BP's carbon reduction should be reducing product. It just means the final product will be produced by someone else (Iran, tar oil sands in Canada, etc). BP should be focused on producing oil for as few scope 3 emissions as possible for as cheap as possible, safely as possible and the consumption of oil is on us as a group to resolve.

I agree lets leave the multinationals to do as they please. only individual minimisation will solve this!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

go_banana posted:

873m2 of R4 zoned land, it wasn't purchased to live in

its too bad she'll never live in it... but then again, who does?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SecretOfSteel posted:

I'm looking forwards to reading the rusted-on Labor comments! :shepicide:

green threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

a lot of anger directed toward the government itt