Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hooman posted:

Let West Coast, Best Coast sit forever on this first page.

Sorry bub its greenslander territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

As someone for whom the extra sessions were nice but not necessarily always helpful that has wound up in acute public inpatient care multiple times over the last few years im pretty pissed about it. Public inpatient psychiatry is pretty clearly geared towards keeping schizoaffective patients manageable and lacks much in the way for effective treatment for any other conditions. My laymans thoughts are that it has been getting harder and harder to get meaningful psychological treatment like cbt/dbt for at least a decade if not longer and the lack of any attempt to keep these sorts of treatments accessible is the root issue here but just cutting available sessions of less effective forms of therapy seems like just giving up entirely on people like me in this no mans land

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My inlaws who got divorced this year surprisingly managed to spend an entire hour together with their grandkids without saying anything lovely to each other its a christmas miracle. I also wrestled two small children at once which makes me feel like andre the giant

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Id maybe give someone a pass for colonal klink or sgt schultz if they were 70

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dream chip for me is guzman seasoning on mcdonalds chips

E: wrong thread

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Laserface posted:

Cooker is dumb. Hopefully it's just a shortened, monetisation friendly way of saying cooked oval office

Im pretty sure it is fwiw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

you're never too old to bomb hills high as poo poo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SCheeseman posted:

After Robodebt it's a good idea to tread carefully on letting governments roll out automated systems. They can be useful, but too often it's instead a crux to take the things people need away from them and to remove agency from human decision makers (both clients and workers).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

norp posted:

Agreed
I've even had pharmacy employees try to give it to me when I've explicitly asked for pseudoephedrine.

The other one that bugs me is that pharmacies will sell homeopathic "drugs" and even recommend them. This should be something that gets them slapped the gently caress down by their governing body at the very least.

the terry white near my work suggested i ask my doctor to get weaned off my veneflexine (a good idea ive been considering) and replace it with st johns wort (lmao)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

https://twitter.com/AbbieBelrose/status/1625308182074785792?t=qv4N6c8czrdz-wUNMh_DRQ&s=19

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I think Pocock should introduce some biff to the parliament, tackle someone as they walk to the box, pick up the rod and belt someone with it

what the gently caress is that stupid mace for then if theyre not brawling?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

if i were labor i would simply not allow the greens to have enough appeal to win the seats that give them the ability to have a say on policy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

im personally looking forward to the new gabba being comically oversized for afl and cricket games

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The Lord Bude posted:

Honestly I’d be pretty delighted if Labor had to have a minority govt with the greens; considering that we have no upper house and some of the lovely things the government is doing around the edges - we can’t afford to let the libs in but at the same time I think labor needs a wake up call/someone to slap them when they want to do something particularly stupid.

I think its unlikely not only because the LNP have the shadow of Campbell Newman still hanging over them and a leader with ties to the real hosed up fundamentalist christians of the inland enclave towns but also because I don't really think the greens have quite enough headway in the suburbs to pull a significant number of seats. Weirdly I think if anything they might be able to pull a seat or two from the more progressive regional areas. There was a decent amount of presence in the scenic rim regions last election

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

is an 18 seat swing really not a big deal? it seems like a lot

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

theyre not going to increase the dole in real terms lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

its actually very on brand to protest police presence at pride fwiw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

freebooter posted:

Correct, when "no cops at pride" is itself a contentious opinion within the LGBTQ community, it shouldn't be one of their straight allies who decides to protest by jumping in front of a float and disrupting the parade.

its only contentious among the wealthy board of directors because it impacts event sponsors and even there its a hotly debated topic. I dont appreciate you erasing the very real community opinions that call for it every year and are shot down

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Senor Tron posted:

There's definitely flags to look at when someone is criticised for not protesting "properly" but yeah it probably is fair to criticise when the person involved is a straight politician currently trying to carve out her own independent political identity.

i get this and i have to admit i have the same thoughts but purely on face value its an act of solidarity which is something i think deserves somewhat more respect than it is getting from some people itt and i dont think its reasonable to expect allyship to be possible without such acts

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

every year it comes up as a topic of discussion and every year it gets shot down because sponsors threaten to pull funding and you think this is sign of some kind of community support for police in pride?

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 27, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

similar 'legislation'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

starkebn posted:

Queensland really going all in on "tough on youth crime" this election cycle

its wild how the courier mail front page immediately pivoted from nonstop bashing them for high youth crime to the health system being hosed since they started implementing dutton level crime policy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

lih posted:

the kooyong forever quote that's going around is fake and idk why anyone felt the need to make it up when there is plenty of ridiculous stuff that's really in the affidavit

i had no idea it was and i looked it up and its a pretty funny joke and its even funnier if people think its real imo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hambeet posted:

sorry but jokes aren't allowed

youre right please :getout:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i think its fair to be suss on it but i am also deeply suspicious of the ranter argument that voting no will somehow generate fewer bad material outcomes when the material conditions are already so fuckin dire. anyway kill all white people.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

it doesnt help that the debate has come before apparently any actual information about what the voice entails has been decided which seems like a pathetic way to have a referendum

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

there are certainly some indigenous people not on the right wing that arent supportive of the idea of treaty but the main issue i see is primarily that a homogenous treaty of all atsi people as one group will actually strip individual nations of their agency rather than address the huge range of cultures encompassed under our white idea of 'indigenous'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

what do you mean 'will'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the most salient argument for forming a defensive pact with the us is that if we are scared of being invaded by a belligerent foreign power its statistically more likely to be them than it is china so we might as well lick their boots

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Personally, I think we should lick the boots of both America and China. Why must we choose only one?

:hai:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i dont know how much more skilled for sub work I can already get given the amount of gay sex i've had. I can also sleep like a log on a hammock. Please hire me department of defense

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i read a lot of slackbastard and tom tanuki trying to figure out why the neo nazi movement is so much more organized in victoria. theres a serious vocal contingent of neo nazis in logan but i cant remember the last time they bothered to mobilize in a group to attend something like this in brisbane

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

Cops are tasked to maintain public order and prevent these groups fighting each other. The police union's response. Terfs completely overshadowed by 20 guys in balaclavas. Le epic troll!

quote jbps awful posts if you think ignoring bad posters is cringe

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i dont think thats adequately sufficient but i assume thats a factor. the question i have wrt that is does nsw actually not have an appropriately large population of neo nazis to be able to mobilise public demonstrations like those in melbourne? if so, why not?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

we just need a forum for arguing about which country is worse so the worst posters from dnd and the worst posters from cspam don't poo poo up every thread in both forums with it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Animal Friend posted:

The USA (the destroy ending) or China (the control ending).

lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Recoome posted:

Gee we get it, you like China because you are in your edgy SAlt phase. How about the AFP slamming Lidia Thorpe down today in Canberra??

I thought it was regular cops but tbf I don't know what afp dress like because I'm a Law Obeyer (not important enough for anyone above a constables rank). Anyway it was fuckin sick the way she just staunched up. Good egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

bell jar posted:

seppo mods please don't ban australians in this thread thank you