Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Has anyone here used Alternaleaf, or otherwise obtained a prescription for cannabis?

Also if anyone's keeping track of anecdata I got covid for the first time this week and it loving sucked. Like being hit by a goddam freight train.

The GBS thread has about a million goons who've been prescribed it. Ask there and I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you anything you want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Speaking of GPs, Labor are promising to overhaul Medicare. Are there any details out at the moment?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Great, just what we need more of - overprescription of antibiotics.

But, goddamn, I hope they make some real changes. Increase funding to mental health, finally include dental, staff shortages, all of it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Can I sacrifice boomers?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Replace all the Pokies with the Metal Gear Solid scene where Big Boss invents Doritos

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sierra Madre posted:

I should clarify again that I'm making a distinction between the queer community and queer institutions, the latter of whom I propose are the well-to-do ones leading efforts at rapprochement with cops and business.

"My wealth will surely protect me!" from any kind of minority is always bleakly funny.

Some people never learn from history and are surprised as hell when they find the jackboot on their neck. "But I thought we were friends?"

I'm an old gay man with many run-ins with the cops growing up and my position is simple: if the cops want a spot in Pride they can _start_ with a formal apology over their historic (and continuing) abuses. And they would need to implement serious reform for how they treat minorities.

And that's an absolute minimum for most LGBTQIA+ people I know to even begin to be willing to consider starting a dialogue on their inclusion. Well, for anyone besides the Australian versions of Three Olives that is.

Cops want in? They can loving earn it.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 1, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Actually it was because the boards had people that weren’t white men on them

For those wondering if this was a joke:

https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1635331043216736256?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

From what I remember Latham was well known as a maniac even by the time he ran as Labor leader, and I suspect he basically only ended up in that position because nobody else wanted the job, or at least could even pretend they were trying to win.

That said I'm pretty sure the brainworms got worse and worse over time, possibly from untreated mental illness and then the inevitable spiral into American right wing indoctrination.

Latham once broke a taxi driver's arm.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pleasant Friend posted:

Anyone who seriously suggests America is anywhere as bad as China in regards to human rights abuses is off the deep end.

Typical lovely whataboutism to justify supporting anything non western.

Two things can both be incredibly lovely, hth.

America's genocides being atrocities in no way makes China's genocides any less.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Premier Dominic Perrottet has denied he called Health Minister Brad Hazzard to receive a faster ambulance response for his sick wife Helen.

Did not know the Health Minister was called Brad Hazzard. Lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

gently caress that oval office.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm

what?

A Lib with some form of decency? No.

Edit: I see he lost his seat in the last election, so I suppose this is a good way to retire and seem less of a monster.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Industrial Relations commission is very very mad at WA Nurses for striking.

Nurses vote to strike, commission tells them 24 hours before they're not allowed to, and they say gently caress you and strike anyway. WA nurses are the best, good on them and hopefully they tear down the IRC completely and reinstate our ability to loving strike in this country.

Can the IRC levy jail time?

If not, the nurses should just keep ignoring it until they win.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I grew up in the 70s and remember there being so many strikes. If you look at all the benefits and safety and good conditions we have today, so many of them stem from that period. So naturally, successive government spent that last 40 years doing everything they could to return the power to capital at the expense of the workers.

The IRC was created to destroy the union movement in Australia, so it's only fair a union destroys it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
God, if this sparks something in Australia I would be so happy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

birdstrike posted:

Just build a train line to the wonderland site

Hear me out - bulk freight trams

edit: well, poo poo

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 13, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I am hesitant to ask, what the gently caress is a Qanan anyway?

They're literally a doomsday cult, but for the Trump Administration.

Like any cult, it's all cryptic signs known only to the true believers, wild portents, the dead rising and visiting Dealey Plaza, the devil being sent to hell for her emails and an eternal paradise as the world is reshaped in the image of Donald Trump.

Not even exaggerating.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

the 9 news compilation of footage uses a white explosion transition wipe between them and it makes it look like north qld has been wiped out lmao

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1660074074721382400?t=esdYv5xV_SelYRYpDPX75w&s=19

Pathetic journalism.

If it made it to the ground, it's a meteorite :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

EoinCannon posted:

The people working 2 jobs should think about 3 jobs

I was actually thinking of getting a gig with the food delivery apps.

But reading up on people's experiences with it, your pay on a good day is still only around $25 an hour and per delivery rate can be as little as $2.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks to whoever bought my new less-scary Dutton avatar, but now I no longer have my Veridian Dynamics or Gonk gangtags.

Gonna have to go mod bothering to try and get them back.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

starkebn posted:

been saying for ages in this thread we need a national response group who are trained and equipped for natural disasters, guess it might happen

There was actually a private safety and rescue group back in the 80s, really ground breaking stuff. They even had the only multi-person barometric chamber in the southern hemisphere.

Then it turned out the guy in charge was siphoning all the money into his own bank account and everything collapsed, because it was the 80s and that's just what famous Australian businessmen did.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ssmagus posted:

If they put in rent caps how will they get (more) money from those dole bludgers from the 20 investment properties they have. think of the poor politicians wallet!

Someone found the figures once, but iirc, the average number of houses owned by federal politicians was about five.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

NPR Journalizard posted:

Which is why we need an incentive to get them to move hth

Pension benefits based on total income and assets.

Can't bring myself to care about some boomer whinging about the price of their meds when they're living in a property worth north of a million dollars.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just to save everyone else the effort - Q's one of the creepy weirdos running 8chan, right?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

JBP posted:

Why do you need any of that to buy a $950,000 house? If you borrowed $800k it's like 4.5k pm even with dogshit interest rates. Local electrician and a part time partner wouldn't break a sweat.

JBP going for the coveted "Three Olives of AusPol" award.

edit: loving lol

Breetai posted:

You're like an Aussie 3olives only somehow more annoying.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 15, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

loving Age had it on their front page, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Recoome posted:

jesus what the gently caress is this

It's true. Under Victorian law, if three or more African youths gather together at any time, they are legally classified as a knife.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
A fall from grace can be a tragic thing.

Can be.

gently caress you Latham you oval office.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Captain Theron posted:

Sorry! Not Jordies as far as I'm aware, but media watch. Should have been clearer.
Media watch has had several episodes devoted to detransitioning and calling out other media for not platforming terfs.

Holy poo poo that's bad.

Stuart Littlemore must be rolling in his grave.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sounds like he's just old, fat, unfit and his dick doesn't work properly no more.

Probably undiagnosed hypertension and the old Type II.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i saw footage of the racist conference, there were so many young people in the audience

That's okay, I think you'll find the racists are all dying off and the younger generation will

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The Three Olives of the AusPol thread.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Non Compos Mentis posted:

500 grand to share either one wall or two with your neighbours and park your car like your in a carpark

From $500,000. So, if you want an endpiece, prepare to fork out $700,00.

At least.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

The purpose of a system is what it does.

I had to do my annual training on whistleblower laws a couple months back.

They're nothing at all like most people think they are. They're also stupid.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lube Enthusiast posted:

What song will the No campaign use?

Theme tune for old British sitcom, Love Thy Neighbour.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

we were waiting for them to do something and they finally did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8dB_0z3Fk

Banging song and a good cause :thumbsup:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bowmore posted:

I can't see any real reason to vote no

Because the "yes" isn't perfect, therefore we get nothing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

GoldStandardConure posted:

if no wins, are you going to campaign for a treaty, or a new voice?

if yes wins, are you going to campaign for a treaty, or a stronger voice to parliament?

Lol if you think I'm engaging with that bullshit.

Do better.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Comstar posted:

Prediction: QAntas will demand a government bailout within the next 3 years because they can't afford new planes.

Vanessa Hudson is the most obvious glass cliff candidate since Musk made Linda Yaccarino his scapegoat CEO.

Remains to be seen if QANTAS will even be here in three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Laserface posted:

Cross posting from ausgbs

Do you have anyone with labour knowledge to go with you?

I only know HR level poo poo, but even then I try to have someone go with me if only for moral support.