Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lightning is p sick imo

could it be better? not much

maybe
higher girth, a thicker stem.

inhouse name is lightning 2.0 : chode of thunder

but to the public it is simply known as New Lightning

anyway. a few more contacts and a thicker girth. but other than that just the same as lighting. more like a rod than a slot unlike usb3 which is a docking mechanism

I kinda like usb3
but it would be better if instead the entire globe settled on this standard I have just shared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
perhaps youre in the "usb3 already is the most desirable connector for our era" camp and you cant dream up anything superior

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

those d-sub connectors with the mini-coax pins are pretty sweet. i'd invent endless variations of those

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Imo one end should be magsafe, the other should be clamped into place with a lever that makes a satisfying clunk each time.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

did a render of the next big thing. oc, don't steal please

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
no

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
patent pending

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

please do not steal

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i propose a large round receptacle, which has ten small "fingers" on the inside. one of the fingers has a ring for keying.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it needs to have a large locking lever that makes a satisfying cachunk noise

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lets both say our ideas out loud at the same time and then lets do the good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

patent pending