Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Boy, I discovered this game recently and just tore through it in a day. Love the naming convention, love the art style, and yes, if the gods were real there would absolutely be people like this, and you work for them!

And we haven't even gotten to my favorite character yet :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
...OK, yeah, I encourage people not to listen to this at work, or anywhere it might cause embarrassment, because between these two, the air's gone blue.

Nenorocito, for example- it essentially means "motherfucker," but with a feminine element, so whenerver she calls love dies that, she's calling her a "loving bitch/whore." Akiko... is a lot. (Henry is a lot too, but honestly, his anger is a lot more understandable.)

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Labagiu means wanker, Rahat is poo poo (of the bull variety) , Enervezi literally means annoying, but much like the Japanese counterpart urusai, is interpreted as "Shut up/Piss off"... Not everything Akiko says in Romanian is a direct swear, but none of it is nice, I'm sure you will be shocked to learn.

But seems we're ending with a bit of whiplash- from my least favorite character to my most favorite.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

The Opulent Ziggurat is a place I've been waiting for you to visit, because it one of the less subtle hints of the kind of society Love Dies is working to defend. When the new island was born, this is the place that the Citizens were gathered, all 1000+ of them (except Henry), and were killed to create the energy needed for the next, supposedly more perfect, paradise. This has been done 25 times in pursuit of greater beauty and power fort the Syndicate. It is a repeated atrocity committed with an unknown (and probably forgotten) number of people, and our main character, our alleged heroine... has nothing to say. No half hearted apologist defense of such measures, no fervent exultation, no shame, no pride, and no horror- it is not germane to her investigation, so she moves right along, even having a completely unrelated conversation with Shinji. It's been a fact of life for a myriad, so she doesn't react to it at all- just break out more blood to get those collectibles, there's a ghost to talk to.

It's one of the better "banality of evil" moments I remember beiung in videogames, completely uncommented on. Heck, even Tyler talked about the too-big golden door first :v: