Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Uhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/garrettquinn/status/1601393325843570694?s=46&t=d-1ZPCenotuUkR6D5dao2g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3986054
Being talked about in the Qatar thread please contain it there instead of all over the forum thanks folks

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Is this a German or a Dutch journalist?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Is this a German or a Dutch journalist?

probably the preeminent soccer writer in the US

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

chaoslord posted:

Apparently Dumfries was sent off during KFTM

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/match-centre/match/17/255711/285074/400128139

18 yellows (2 to coaches) and a red, how about that.

:negative: what a bad night for refereeing

Wait was that a straight red then?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Alctel posted:

Wait was that a straight red then?

The BBC posted:

Remarkably the only man to collect two yellows and be sent off was Denzel Dumfries, and that was after Lautaro Martinez has scored the winning shootout spot-kick. Dumfries had launched himself at the celebrating Argentina players, who in turn had taunted the Dutch players following the winning strike.

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012
Both Messi and Ronaldo are one of the greatest players all time, their plays on YouTube was magical. They both train very hard and Ronaldo telling people to drink water instead of Coca Cola was awesome.

Unfortunately it’s hard to root for Ronaldo when his nickname is penaldo, his narcissist tendencies, diva antics, and worst of all paying hush money for sexual misconduct.

Messi had an image of keeping a low profile, making plays, being some super god tier strategist, focusing more on the game than some marketing celebrity. But the Panama papers tax dodge was criminal and now there’s this match.

Maybe it’s Messi’s last world cup but so he will finally reveal his deep habits but as a casual world cup viewer , I’m kind irked with how much Argentina could get away this match.

If only Neymar/Messi/Ronaldo/mbappe can all get eliminated at once but too big of a fantasy I guess. They are capable of making great plays but I feel like their personalities are taking over the national team spirit.

Ok that was a lot of :qq: I was up from 10pm to 6am to watch the games and now there’s a dead American journalist. Time for France vs England !!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Wonton posted:

Messi had an image of keeping a low profile, making plays, being some super god tier strategist, focusing more on the game than some marketing celebrity. But the Panama papers tax dodge was criminal and now there’s this match.

He's also a Saudi shill and took top money to be under the employ of Qatar at PSG, OP.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So apparently 2-2 is the most dangerous scoreline now

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Still in awe of Brazil giving up a counter-attack goal, in the 117th minute, when they were already winning and just needed to see the game out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Still in awe of Brazil giving up a counter-attack goal, in the 117th minute, when they were already winning and just needed to see the game out.

To team of geriatrics that people have been calling tired and leggy since about 20 minutes into their first group game