Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We all hate neymar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

FOOTBALL

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i know it's not his fault because he grew up during the war and all, but luka modric looks about a thousand years old

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ready for the foot

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Big Ron Sr. looking over at some food during the anthem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

SOCCER

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

vyelkin posted:

i know it's not his fault because he grew up during the war and all, but luka modric looks about a thousand years old

Seperated at birth

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Quarter finals hype

Ajde hrvatska stifle this juego bonita with your old man strength

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Brazil's national anthem sounds like a TV theme

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

this world cup quarterfinal is not on public tv in Germany, what the actual gently caress

i knew there were streaming exclusives, but a quarterfinal? sheeeeeeeeyit. Guess i'll, like, clean the kitchen or something instead

gorgmatic
Apr 25, 2006

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't
ALLAH IS ALL MERCIFUL

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Brazil's national anthem sounds like a TV theme

It’s very much a standard-issue South American anthem: stirring opening flourish followed by a more subdued tempo lifted from an old military march, accompanied by lyrics about promising not to forsake fatherland to usurpers or something.

It’s a good formula.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

this world cup quarterfinal is not on public tv in Germany, what the actual gently caress

i knew there were streaming exclusives, but a quarterfinal? sheeeeeeeeyit. Guess i'll, like, clean the kitchen or something instead

get yourself a vpn and set it to denmark https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/vm/live-kroatien-brasilien-foelg-vm-kampen-direkte-her

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

First game that looks like it's full

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

i'm always forgetting Ralph and Vinny when i think of the reasons i expect Brazil in the finals

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

thanks for the tip, but that's like so many more steps than just complaining about it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Brazil looking pretty vulnerable at the back

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

This looks like it could go either way so far. I’m sure Brazil can get stronger as the game progresses, but it’s exciting to see Croatia really giving them a game.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Brazil are going to gift a goal with their tippy tappy at the back

Also are they playing 4 center backs along the back line like some kind of tanned Stoke?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Football, its back

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Neymar more like Nonmar. He's had two touches of the ball since the game started.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

lynch_69 posted:

Neymar more like Nonmar. He's had two touches of the ball since the game started.

hmm wrap it up neymailures

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

lynch_69 posted:

Nay-mar

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Richarlison - Vinicius partnership looks deadly af

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nearly took his head off

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

oooof that was bad

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nigel de Jong sees that Danilo challenge, nods in approval

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That's surely a red

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

that should be a red.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Inch to the right could have been interesting

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

EC10 posted:

Also are they playing 4 center backs along the back line like some kind of tanned Stoke?

They have two injured full-backs and the other one is Dani Alves lol, so they're playing Militão there.

Croatia looking better than expected, hope they hold it.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Does Danilo use that kind of high kick with the old lady? got really lucky the contact was glancing

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What the poo poo was that throw-in?

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Instead of playing 100 passes in your end when Brazil is up your rear end why not CLEAR THE loving BALL, HOOF IT AWAY

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A cheeky nudge

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

lynch_69 posted:

Instead of playing 100 passes in your end when Brazil is up your rear end why not CLEAR THE loving BALL, HOOF IT AWAY

They have had some good attacks playing from the back. Once the right back gets the ball, he just runs and no one catches him for a while.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

lol that pull back

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

classic defender behavior of continuing your pesky jerkiness after you've been disciplined

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brazil have looked slightly leggy, which is weird, don't think of them as that old.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TDepressionEarl posted:

classic defender behavior of continuing your pesky jerkiness after you've been disciplined

*Frank Lampard voice* but enough about SA goons! Ha ha, no but seriously, Croatia's defence will be in trouble later on if they keep picking up early yellows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're just not winning the foot race very often. The Croats have space and time.