Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

duck.exe posted:

Orange men bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

A normal night in Miami

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wonder how long it'll be before I see zabaleta and not think he's mark strong doing research for his next role as a football pundit

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Elephanthead posted:

Lol Netherlands

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Wonder how long it'll be before I see zabaleta and not think he's mark strong doing research for his next role as a football pundit

Lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He should card them now for taking off their shirts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegay posted:

Who's the sc*ttish guy

Mac Allister

He plays for Brighton so nobody knew he was an Argie until like a month ago

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

2030 world cup in south america would be insane so it's probably going to saudi arabia

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
gently caress off to your first world country with a stable currency and social safety nets your orange fucks. Futbol is for the rest of us.

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012

Vegetable posted:

dutch keeper was real bad, seemed like he didn’t practice for pens

But he made so many good saves considering the constant Argentinian pressure

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Nemo posted:

One yellow game away from the record.

He was SO eager

I think he might have set it with the cards to bench personnel but we will have to see. I think he got to 17 though.

It wasn’t a great refereeing performance, you could tell he was not happy with how he was doing either, but at the major blow up he had the option of sending a couple of players off and it being 10v10 or leaving it 11v11 and he chose the latter, and I think ultimately FIFA will be happy with that. Probably wouldn’t get a passing grade overall but also I think FIFA will say “good enough”

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

dpkg chopra posted:

gently caress off to your first world country with a stable currency and social safety nets your orange fucks. Futbol is for the rest of us.

But gently caress england too.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Argentina England dream final still in play

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

that was some handshake between Messi and that dude on the NL sidelines

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

2030 world cup in south america would be insane so it's probably going to saudi arabia

Op.. I hate fifa

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He should have sent off the guy who came in like a missile.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

ArfJason posted:

the mostaza ads did not lie. dibu ate em

Mostaza value is rocketing. Also the mcdonald's in 9 de julio is sweating. They know the end is coming.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
Some of the worst reffing I've ever seen. Inconsistent, stupid, obviously tried to "spread out" the bookings so as to avoid reds. I enjoyed the british commentators saying "I've given up on this ref." Anyone have that gif handy of one dude running full speed at a guy, fouls him so hard he does a backflip, and the ref runs over quick as possible to book a..........yellow.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

chaoslord posted:

I think he might have set it with the cards to bench personnel but we will have to see. I think he got to 17 though.

It wasn’t a great refereeing performance, you could tell he was not happy with how he was doing either, but at the major blow up he had the option of sending a couple of players off and it being 10v10 or leaving it 11v11 and he chose the latter, and I think ultimately FIFA will be happy with that. Probably wouldn’t get a passing grade overall but also I think FIFA will say “good enough”

A player committed a foul worthy of a yellow card, kicked the ball into the dugout, dissented, then got embroiled in the brawl that came after it, dissented again and got one yellow :lol: the ref was poo poo

Angstronaut
Apr 26, 2005

is there no shame?
unreal that the world can be making GBS threads its whole pants and the fox announcers sound downright sleepy this is embarrassing

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Hegay posted:

Sounds good

Yeah, wish I was there with him

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

A player committed a foul worthy of a yellow card, kicked the ball into the dugout, dissented, then got embroiled in the brawl that came after it, dissented again and got one yellow :lol: the ref was poo poo

You'd think this was the first time people have seen a Spanish ref with Messi on the pitch

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

dpkg chopra posted:

:hmmyes:

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
if England beat Argentina in the final of this world cup we can safely say this was one of the best

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

FIFA have amended the rules for red cards at the world cup because "they ruin the games". 06 had 28 reds, 10 had 17, 14 had 10, 18 had 5 and 22 we've had 2 so far.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Dog Friday posted:

if England beat Argentina in the final of this world cup we can safely say this was one of the best

Morocco is beating Croatia though

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Dog Friday posted:

This would be perfect

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

You'd think this was the first time people have seen a Spanish ref with Messi on the pitch

I gave up on the ref when he shrugged away a deliberate Messi handball

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

england getting owned by france should be funny (no jinx)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Total Meatlove posted:

Yeah it was bad! And in La Liga I am confident he sends off Paredes. I’m just saying FIFA are going to be cool with that moment in particular because after Van Dijk runs in there you are either sending them both or sending neither of them and I promise you FIFA would much, much rather keep it 11 v 11. He will get a bad grade overall but they are gonna praise the hell out of him for that.

Someone remarked after the group stage “huh only 3 red cards that seems low”, and it’s because if this were a normal league competition it would be.

There were only 4 reds at the last World Cup, which also had 3 in the group stages. This is by design. Ir sucks and I hate it but it’s not an accident

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Hegay posted:

FIFA have amended the rules for red cards at the world cup because "they ruin the games". 06 had 28 reds, 10 had 17, 14 had 10, 18 had 5 and 22 we've had 2 so far.

And only one straight red right? The Wales goalie going kamikaze?

The other red was loving lol though

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dog Friday posted:

Argentina England dream final still in play

Winner gets the Falkland Islands

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

van dijk didn't even get a card lol

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Also loving lol that Group F still has both teams alive in this tournament

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

tristeham posted:

He did though?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

tristeham posted:

not that kind of player

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

stab posted:

And only one straight red right? The Wales goalie going kamikaze?

The other red was loving lol though

Reds so far have been:

Wales GK trying to kill a dude
South Korea coach post match
Cameroon guy handshake double yellow

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Red cards so seem like they ruin games. Is it universally playing a man down or are there leagues where you can use a sub to stay even?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

LochNessMonster posted:

He did though?

Not for that I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Red cards own, the Netherland Portugal match in 06 was proper tasty phwoar