Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

dpkg chopra posted:

gently caress off to your first world country with a stable currency and social safety nets your orange fucks. Futbol is for the rest of us.

This, from New Amsterdam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Elliptical Dick posted:

Not for that I think

Ah I thought OP meant in the entire match

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
im glad the dutch lost, personally speaking

minema
May 31, 2011
Missed the chance for the final to be Netherlands - Portugal and a redo of their 2006 bloodbath

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

advanced statsman posted:

Statsman *tips comically undersized hat and does the trp good lad sign*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think any laws would allow you to replace the carded player, it's meant to be the final judgement that you've poo poo everything right up and now you will suffer for it.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

advanced statsman posted:

I am not, personally speaking

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012
Messi is an amazing player to watch and follow, but I’m miffed that NL lost considering how Argentina played today

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hegay posted:

Statsman *tips comically undersized hat and does the trp good lad sign*

hello my posting friend, i hope youve been enjoying the world cup

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Elliptical Dick posted:

I am not, personally speaking

sorry

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

goatface posted:

I don't think any laws would allow you to replace the carded player, it's meant to be the final judgement that you've poo poo everything right up and now you will suffer for it.

yeah especially now with 5 subs as the standard it would be a bloodbath

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

It's all good. We weren't that good so I'm not too salty about it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

PostNouveau posted:

Red cards so seem like they ruin games. Is it universally playing a man down or are there leagues where you can use a sub to stay even?

it's always a man down op. the point of them is to be a big penalty

it's not so rare that a team down a man wins a match. i agree that fifa messing with the refs about it is bad

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I know pressure and everything, but I always get surprised that someone who has played football since they were like 3-4 years old and their entire life revolves around being football players can't probably hit a goal eleven meters wide from a distance of 11 meters

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Mac Allister

He plays for Brighton so nobody knew he was an Argie until like a month ago
half of his "personal life" wikipedia section is just this:

In an interview with The Athletic, he said "I remember everyone called me Colo, which is 'ginger' in Argentina. I don't like it much and Messi told the teammates, 'He doesn't like to be called Colo, so don't call him that!'"

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

PostNouveau posted:

Can't believe someone got a yellow during the PKs

Ask The Ref: What happens if a player in the list for penalties gets sent off before he takes his shot?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Moktaro posted:

Ask The Ref: What happens if a player in the list for penalties gets sent off before he takes his shot?

You're allowed to change players and shoot order in this cup iirc so would be no biggie

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hegay posted:

You're allowed to change players and shoot order in this cup iirc so would be no biggie

Yeah exactly, the laws don’t require an ordered list anymore, so all that really happens is “the other team gets to nominate someone who doesn’t have to take a penalty”

Remember that yellows are wiped out at the conclusion of 120 minutes before the kicks so you probably have to work really hard to be sent off during it

Edit: unless the send off comes because the kicker does something after the referee signals for the kick to be taken, like an illegal feint, in which case it would also count as a missed kick in addition to the yellow card

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 9, 2022

minema
May 31, 2011
Also if one team is down men from red cards prior to penalties the other team has to choose one player who won't take part in their pens apparently (I got curious in ET when I was convinced someone would get sent off)

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

dpkg chopra posted:

gently caress off to your first world country with a stable currency and social safety nets your orange fucks. Futbol is for the rest of us.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

minema posted:

Also if one team is down men from red cards prior to penalties the other team has to choose one player who won't take part in their pens apparently (I got curious in ET when I was convinced someone would get sent off)

How lovely would be for you to get picked as that guy, because that most likely means the manager thinks you're the worst?

Doubly lovely if you're not the keeper.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone on the team does not want to take a peno. Probably multiple people.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Looking forward to Ronaldo just straight headbutting everyone and daring the ref to send him off, the standard has been set.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
big fan of leo messis blue and white neurotypical army

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Good day to be Argentinian

Bad day to be Brazilian

put the sixth star up yours lol

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

The fox feed cut to this man right before he very clearly mouthed “gently caress you” and did this lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was listening to the Netherlands/Argentina match at work and goddamn that was an entertaining two and a half hours

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/roynemer/status/1601348048076300288?s=46&t=ERv0_kme8nFtfAxj95eZNQ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/lmechegaray/status/1601347210704171008?s=61&t=SeJ7Q-0NwBMtzrTeCCZ5Wg

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Argentina... thank you for avenging America :patriot:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
as funny as it was for NL to go all-in on Slenderman tactics I'm glad they lost

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

goochtit posted:

Argentina... thank you for avenging America :patriot:

What does this mean?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Tortilla Maker posted:

What does this mean?

America lost to the Netherlands in the round of 16

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Can confirm that was a good game to be in a dutch pub for, lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Apparently Dumfries was sent off during KFTM

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/match-centre/match/17/255711/285074/400128139

18 yellows (2 to coaches) and a red, how about that.

:negative: what a bad night for refereeing

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

lmao was he even watching the match?

"no idea where the 10 minutes added time came from" - probably your teammates rolling around "injured"

"the ref was giving them absolutely everything" - except, y'know, anyone going near messi conceded a foul, etc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’d like to think that they’ll have learned something by having the tying goal caused directly by their shithousery adding on a million minutes but I suspect that’s not the case.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

webmeister posted:

lmao was he even watching the match?

"no idea where the 10 minutes added time came from" - probably your teammates rolling around "injured"

"the ref was giving them absolutely everything" - except, y'know, anyone going near messi conceded a foul, etc

The Messi poo poo was loving infuriating it got to a point where if Messi just picked a spot and fell down he'd get a free kick.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Brigadier Sockface posted:

The Dutch are always going to acuse conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

The Messi poo poo was loving infuriating it got to a point where if Messi just picked a spot and fell down he'd get a free kick.

I mean, he basically did that when he turned and ran full pelt into a Dutch defender miles off the ball, went down clutching his face and of course won a free kick. And I'm honestly astounded that he didn't get booked for that deliberate handball.

We all deservedly give Ronaldo endless poo poo for his ego, arrogance and histrionics, but tbh I don't think Messi is much better. Doing the whole Christ pose after scoring a soft tap-in penalty... :cmon:

edit; I'm not even Dutch so I don't care either way about the result, it's just so annoying to watch

webmeister fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 10, 2022