Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr. Fortitude posted:

For newcomers to the series, there is a thread for the older Armored Core games on the Retro Games sub-board which gives recommended starting points. Might be good to add to the OP since a lot of Soulsborne fans will probably be interested in the series now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901774&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Is there a plot we’ll need to understand, or can we come in blind with this as the first one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Basticle posted:

The series has rebooted itself several times so no one knows what VI will do

Cool. Cheers. Hell, I trust From to at least make something interesting, and I don’t understand half their plots anyway.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ulio posted:

This could be a sleeper goty level game imo even in a year with Zelda, FF, RE4, Diablo.

I think it's in the running, but its FROM's new game, I'm not sure it can be a sleeper anything.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

did people say a christopher nolan film wouldn't do big numbers after his batman trilogy, and were they proved right or wrong

there is every chance this outdoes even elden ring because brrrrt we love machine guns and explosions

On the other hand, fantasy is more popular than sci-fi.

So we’ll see, but I’m highly sceptical this beats out Elden Ring.