Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
terminal armor is a good default since you can just play expansionless and if you gently caress up you at least have a chance to get back into the fight by holding a repair kit, since itll be very hard for your repair animation to be locked out by dumbass random melee attacks RUSTY

assault armor is really strong for pressing advantages eg when people get momentarily stuck on terrain. pulse armor is pretty good but being both time and durability gated on something you have to manually activate is a lil annoying. pulse protection is a meme and imo mostly a way to nerf some of the pve encounters by giving them a nonbutton in that slot (michigan being the biggest loser since hed be even more terrifying with a better option here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
the answer is in fact sometimes

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Waffleman_ posted:

WHAT IS THIS SONG

thats what all armored core music used to sound like lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i learned this recently myself by playing 4 and for answer

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
like genuinely the osts for 4 and for answer sound so much like "friends goofing off in their garage and making an endearingly earnest set of rock albums that they had to record on casette tape cuz they didnt have money" and its so charming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTSZDsrDn7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2vib83SYTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxhAnz0wwDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuFMFe-T3rM

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
stun needle launcher probably comes the closest but theyre also loving heavy so a lot of builds arent gonna go in on them regardless

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
why would they get rid of that when every other option for time out would be worse?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
thats less true than you imagine, because you also fight a lot of lcs and an hc a few times and those are both much bigger than you too. and of course stuff like the wacky mts r&d makes or the tetras are also just bigger than you. enemy acs are the only enemies that are both our size and dont fold in a couple bullets.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
but so do enemy acs. thats an aspect unique to the single player enemies, not lcs/hcs

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
giving a very raised eyebrow to the idea that the game isnt also "something entirely different" by hugely inflating the character health and ammo numbers and letting them be on their merry way. and doubly so when the game provides heavy parts for more ap and weapons with basically infinite ammo with the harris and other rifles (or melee!) but instead a mod should come in and change these things. i dont actually care what people mod their games with but theres not actually a hierarchy of how true to the experience they are. they all arent. because theyre mods and they change the game. its pretty definitional.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Glagha posted:

I'm sorry I didn't respect the meta I guess? Excuse me I'll go look up the reddit thread for the correct canonical best in slot builds next time.
it is okay to have fundamental misunderstandings of how the game works but it is not okay to state them aggressively and at the expense of others. if you do not want to be extensively corrected then do not aggressively post incorrect info. and if thats not agreeable to you then probably dont post at all

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
assault boosting is the single strongest movement option available (which is why basically every meta booster has a strong ab stat and why for example the buerzels got nerfed) and is applicable to all playstyles. if you are playing a build that needs to close in like bvo or any melee style generally, assault boost is basically your only feasible way to catch missileboats. if you are playing anything thats not melee and ergo wants to keep distance between you and your opponent, assault boost is the best way to create distance between you and faster builds and is also likely your only real answer to an enemy assault boost. assault boost can also be used as a substitute for vertical movement if youre playing against someone with better aerial movement than you, since using assault boost and tilting up to gain height still uses your ab thrust and not your vertical thrust. basically any conceivable movement you could plan to do in this game can be enhanced with assault boost. its just that good.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Node posted:

I finished chapter 1 and while the game is a pretty big struggle for me, it is fun. However, there was something I just didn't get. The fight with Sulla took me a lot of attempts. I figured that is because I'm not good, but also because I had chosen bad AC assemblies. My first few tries were a tetrapod with lasers and pulse missiles. The missiles track well but do little damage, and the laser rifles never hit him. So I went to a reverse joint setup with the assault rifle, pulse blade, and whatever missiles I could fit. That didn't work either, Sulla dodges things like crazy, and usually getting into range to use the blade was detrimental because his melee range poo poo is a lot more dangerous than mine. My third assembly attempt was a bipedal AC with dual assault rifles and bigger missiles - this finally worked, as long as I stayed pretty far away.

Were the tetropod and reverse joint ACs I tried initially bad in that fight, for some reason? I'm not entirely sure why the bipedal AC was the one that did it while the other two couldn't.

sulla is mostly a weapons thing rather than an armor thing. his weapons arent very accurate but can shred if he gets a lot of hits in. but as a generality to remember for the future, bipod legs lack the specialized movement the other types have but they make up for this by having the best stats per unit weight. this is not just ap either, but stability and defenses as well. so especially early on biped legs are pretty strong comparatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
pve builds dont matter cuz you can win with pretty much anything, pvp is hyperfocused on a small number of pretty standardized meta builds that rps with each other and then off meta stuff thats less successful. theyre usually defined by strategy (and to a smaller extent weight) than by say damage types.