Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this image always makes me laugh lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Nah I probed him for dragging immensely gay cspam drama into PYF and sending me malding PMs

You’re a whiny dunce who can’t handle a PM wishing you have a bad week for acting outside your gaming forum without rushing to the admins to complain about harassment.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

post the pms

I will not breach the posters code

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
actually this incredibly aids slapfight is beneath my dignity

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 03:29 on Dec 17, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

some plague rats posted:

I will not breach the posters code

My belief about it as well

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I've gotten some truly deranged and awful pms but I think it sets a bad precedent to post them because then everyone knows you just might post their private messages if you get upset or want to be lovely

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Merry Christmas to all and to all a bad week for acting outside your gaming forum without rushing to the admins to complain about harassment.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the lobster shirt promise is that i will never pm a mod for probing me

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Calibanibal posted:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a bad week for acting outside your gaming forum without rushing to the admins to complain about harassment.

Merry Christmas to working people ✊🏻

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
take their buttons. make it sting

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I propose a 30 day probation for anyone with a multi-page post history in this thread.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Calibanibal posted:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

docbeard posted:

I unironically think SPR would be a good CSPAM mod and also that she would absolutely hate it so that's two reasons to make her CSPAM's next mod.
nah, way too aggro and would button press too much

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

make SPR trump thread ik

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

make SPR trump thread ik

that could work

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I’m not trapped in here with CSPAM. CSPAM is trapped in here with me!

yea!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
lpzie you’re now a pyf ik

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ty lumpentroll, ill do my best!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dustcat posted:

containment zone is a good technical term that any poster intuitively understands

Like problem domain

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

lol, as it was told to me, they did indeed drive across like 3 states only to have their money taken and ghosted. that sounds too good/funny to be true tho but i'll believe it

lol

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I don't like that guy and I think he should be destroyed

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I've gotten some truly deranged and awful pms but I think it sets a bad precedent to post them because then everyone knows you just might post their private messages if you get upset or want to be lovely

I think you'll get better pm's and less harrassment if people know they'll get mocked and punished for it. But ya, thanks for not sharing I guess so the they can harrass everyone else or whatever.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mnoba posted:

I think you'll get better pm's and less harrassment if people know they'll get mocked and punished for it. But ya, thanks for not sharing I guess so the they can harrass everyone else or whatever.

if normal posters get PMs like that over a slapfight i think it's fine to share them. if mods get them over probes it's shameful indeed but probably better on average not to share them. i can imagine the qcs thread about it pretty clearly

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i'm taking harassment and awful pms as the worse case of pms, if they are just calling the mods an idiot or whatever then ya i would agree with that

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anyone with buttons must keep their pms private. Any free poster should be free to do dramatic readings of any pm in their inbox.

Except the sexpig PMs, post that poo poo immidiately.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mnoba posted:

i'm taking harassment and awful pms as the worse case of pms, if they are just calling the mods an idiot or whatever then ya i would agree with that

i think a good balance is that if a mod gets PMs that are legit harassment (kys, etc) don't share the specific PM but ban them and put that reason on their rap sheet.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

it was me, all of them

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm going to PM a mod (actionable)

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

Anyone with buttons must keep their pms private. Any free poster should be free to do dramatic readings of any pm in their inbox.

Except the sexpig PMs, post that poo poo immidiately.

they dont exist.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The lack of even a high level explanation of what they were (kys, slurs, etc…) is very suspicious

I can certainly believe people send absolutely beyond the pale deranged pms to mods, but if it’s the basis of a perma I’d expect at least some summary

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
these alleged messages werent ever mentioned until there was pushback on the permaban, at first it was all "obsession with D&D!!!!!" and then when that didnt land then it was "oh yeah and he was a psycho in the DM's as well"

plus they hadnt ever been punished for harassing PM's before, which seems highly unlikely if there was this established history of messaging moderators after getting probed.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

to be clear, i think if you're gonna punish people for PMs you need to do it contemporaneously with the PMs (not months later as a generalized explanation for lifetime achievement punishments) and provide a clear explanation of why the PMs were bad beyond "harassment."

the reason people were and are so annoyed about the sexpig thing is his rap sheet was long but mostly stacking petty or minor offenses, and there was never any ban+30 leading up to the perma.

usually if you see someone get a perma with no ban ramp prior it's not a lifetime achievement, they did a sudden and specifically bad thing you can point to, which just never happened

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

free sexpig

speng31b
May 8, 2010

also, I think in retrospect the explanation for not starting with a ban+30 ("because i just know they won't get any better") has been objectively wrong.

what few of sexpig's reregs have been hit have been for insanely minor posting offenses that would have earned a sixer (at most, but if we're being honest probably nothing) for literally anyone else.

so yeah that perma still needs to get reconsidered from what information is freely available

speng31b has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Dec 17, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

also, I think in retrospect the explanation for not starting with a ban+30 ("because i just know they won't get any better") has been objectively wrong.

what few of sexpig's reregs have been hit have been for insanely minor posting offenses that would have earned a sixer (at most, but if we're being honest probably nothing) for literally anyone else.

so yeah that perma still needs to get reconsidered from what information is freely available

Mod feedback at the time was "ramps don't work, just perma the freaks" so I get why admin staff pressed the buttons. But holy gently caress it has been months of "free sexpig" and it is being treated like a bit like "free larry".

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

these alleged messages werent ever mentioned until there was pushback on the permaban, at first it was all "obsession with D&D!!!!!" and then when that didnt land then it was "oh yeah and he was a psycho in the DM's as well"

plus they hadnt ever been punished for harassing PM's before, which seems highly unlikely if there was this established history of messaging moderators after getting probed.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KirbyKhan posted:

Mod feedback at the time was "ramps don't work, just perma the freaks" so I get why admin staff pressed the buttons. But holy gently caress it has been months of "free sexpig" and it is being treated like a bit like "free larry".

yes, it’s the policy of the SA admins that if you post a lot but also have complaints about how SA is run then you’re doing so insincerely, like a soccer player faking an injury. which doesn’t make sense to me when it’s specifically a complaint about my posting friends getting banned over nothing, but what do I know

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

500/posts a week is not the problem by itself, but an aggravating factor - it makes the mean level of mean in your posts have a larger impact on the site. It's probably why I noticed in the first place. It felt like every c-spam thread and many other thread had many aggro posts from you that were entirely non-constructive and brought the general mood down for everyone. It also makes it transparently clear that, despite your dozens and dozens of complaints about how this place is run, this site is extremely conducive to your presence and you are fairly dependent on it. To me this makes your complaints come off as very insincere, like a soccer player faking an injury after any player gets within a few feet of them. That is simultaneously why I dismiss your complaints, but also why I don't just permaban you and move on with my life - I really do want you to be able to simply enjoy the thing you have and am hoping that this extreme measure can mitigate the negative externalities of your presence here.

I really do not care about whatever obtuse politics reason you have for being angry at a given person - I'm sure that, to you, you have a valid reason for all of them, but to me it's like those guys who are very mad about what kind of ram the xbox has. It's never going to compute - I ceased being "shocked and appalled" that "america is full of liberals" in the LF days and moved on with my life. If you don't like someone and they are posting near you, it costs exactly nothing not to engage, but for you, it costs :10bux: if you do engage, so choose wisely. I am not a moderating computer and being sarcastically nice is not any better.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Sex Pig pissed someone off, either Jeff or someone Jeff likes

gently caress knows what he did, we're not allowed to know for some reason so it may have been deserved or it may not. Probably why vendetta banning isn't actually a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gonna close this up now, thank you all for your feedback. If anyone has further comments, my inbox is always open, you can also email if you don't have PMs (or prefer email) azathoth@somethingawful.com.