Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ScrubLeague posted:

I think it should be acceptable to wish death upon rich and powerful people who are making the lives of everyone else worse, as long as those wishes don't include threats or calls to action.

Yeah if it's actually funny because otherwise it's just a bunch of losers doing dour wishcasting about how they want people to die and what type of loving psycho thinks that would be good to read

And like spoilers for the musk thread: those guys are extremely not funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

I think it should be acceptable to wish death upon rich and powerful people who are making the lives of everyone else worse, as long as those wishes don't include threats or calls to action.

If you can make it funny or interesting and not descend into psycho parroting deathlust I agree. if people just want to post over and over about how they wish the worst people they know would die or kill themselves, or celebrate it when they do, all with zero humor there are other subs for that

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

speng31b posted:

if people just want to post over and over about how they wish the worst people they know would die or kill themselves, or celebrate it when they do, all with zero humor there are other subs for that

there isnt actually, cspam #1 for humorless misery posting ftmfw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

some plague rats posted:

Yeah if it's actually funny because otherwise it's just a bunch of losers doing dour wishcasting about how they want people to die and what type of loving psycho thinks that would be good to read

who cares if it's funny, none of the other posts are funny but they're not being probed

speng31b
May 8, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

who cares if it's funny, none of the other posts are funny but they're not being probed

being unfunny isn't against the rules, bloodlusting is. if you can do a funny bloodlust you get a pass.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

Because if you're making boring posts about incrementalism or railways or your loving lunch at least you're acting like a regular person and not frightening the hoes you dumbass!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ScrubLeague posted:

a great avatar-post combo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ScrubLeague posted:

this guys going to suck off elon musk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If we're still doing mod/ik suggestions, I think that KirbyKhan would make a good one.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i vote for animelstrash

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

asia/oceania thread needs an ik

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cuttlefush posted:

i vote for animelstrash

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

i vote for animelstrash

me too. make it sting

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

i vote for animelstrash

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think if you are reading a thread about all the things elon musk is doing and all you can do is post constantly about how you wish elon was dead and want him to kill himself, then, you should get better hobbies. doesnt seem mentally good.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

i think if you are reading a thread about all the things elon musk is doing and all you can do is post constantly about how you wish elon was dead and want him to kill himself, then, you should get better hobbies. doesnt seem mentally good.

guess I haven't seen the posters who have posted constantly about it. that makes sense though. thread is bad so I don't look at it too often

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

i vote for animelstrash

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

500 good dogs posted:

guess I haven't seen the posters who have posted constantly about it. that makes sense though. thread is bad so I don't look at it too often

me neither currently but it sounds like that is what is going on in that thread maybe? it was a funny thread but when the twitter acquisition went through it got like 4k posts in a day and i was like okay not gonna read this anymore. and now its bad i guess.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

lots of too online people sincerely believe that the most important thing to fight fascist terrorism is to have good mods and factcheckers. elon musk isn't just a cringe billionaire, he is trying to literally get you murdered

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

me too. make it sting

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lots of too online people sincerely believe that the most important thing to fight fascist terrorism is to have good mods and factcheckers. elon musk isn't just a cringe billionaire, he is trying to literally get you murdered

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we should have a duck hunt thread

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

docbeard posted:

CBO's 'gimmick', to the extent he has one, is saying enraging-but-technically-accurate things (and really mostly just enraging to libs), and that's the sort of posting CSPAM was actually made for, not something that should be stamped out.

i thought his gimmick was posting twitter dumps exactly like ppj did all those years ago

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we should have a duck hunt thread

I heard once you're ik they let you make as many threads as you want

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

some plague rats posted:

You do this all the time and it’s not a good look. Do better.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

I heard once you're ik they let you make as many threads as you want

This is false

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

speng31b posted:

If you can make it funny or interesting and not descend into psycho parroting deathlust I agree. if people just want to post over and over about how they wish the worst people they know would die or kill themselves, or celebrate it when they do, all with zero humor there are other subs for that

agreed.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Cuttlefush posted:

i vote for animelstrash

I know AnimeIT has previously stated they do not wish to be a mod, however, I hope they will reconsider because it will be very funny.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If we're still doing mod/ik suggestions, I think that KirbyKhan would make a good one.

Awwwww, thank.

But only for money. Jeffrey's got it, he posted the financials, there's enough for a slice of cheese for everybody.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Shiroc posted:

Trixie is good, the Covid thread is good, Trixie’s op is the best collection of information on how to not get Covid and what to do if you do get hit basically anywhere, people whining about the Covid thread is dumb

i skimmed it and it's very u.s. centric

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

exmarx posted:

it makes sense given more deaths were recorded from COVID in the USA than anywhere else, by a long shot, about 1/6th of worldwide recorded deaths. your life is less likely to be hosed up by getting sick if you live in, say, denmark. nevertheless we have posters from denmark and elsewhere, like the philippines and china. we even had an afghan and a maltese.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

we even had an afghan and a maltese.

please tell me you didn't brick them

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

speng31b posted:

lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

speng31b posted:

lmfao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

lmao

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

exmarx posted:

The only part that’s really us centric is the specific tips for getting paxlovid, which the US has more of than most places because the government hoarded it but then really hosed up making it available. The rest is general info, mask vendors around the world, Corsi box building tips and so on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The best way to get Paxlovid in most of the world is international drug smuggling.

hth

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

getting insanely tired of epic takes about which threads cause mental illness

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

goonds 😂😂😂 c-spammers 🤣🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Hitler Megathread seems to want the guy dead?

Problematic.