Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Zodium posted:

getting insanely tired of epic takes about which threads cause mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
it's so stupid

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zodium posted:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

If you can think of a better way to discredit the thread I have decided is MY HATED AND SWORN ENEMY THAT HAUNTS MY DREAMS AT NIGHT for completely rational and sane reasons, I would like to hear it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the hitler megathread makes me feel good!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zodium posted:

goonds 😂😂😂 c-spammers 🤣🤣

speng31b
May 8, 2010

docbeard posted:

If you can think of a better way to discredit the thread I have decided is MY HATED AND SWORN ENEMY THAT HAUNTS MY DREAMS AT NIGHT for completely rational and sane reasons, I would like to hear it.

the best way to discredit a thread is to post in it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

the best way to discredit a thread is to post in it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I should resent these completely accurate things you are saying about my posting.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

didn't read 4 pages, just want to say c-spam should declare itself a trot-free zone and purge them with extreme prejudice, thanks

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

post the sexpig abusive pms

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
delete everything except the trump thread, which heals mental illness

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ram dass in hell posted:

delete everything except the trump thread, which heals mental illness

I have never seen a more damning post about that thread.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone should have to post under their real names. That will stop all the trolling

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

Everyone should have to post under their real names. That will stop all the trolling

My user name is my real name. It’s realer than the name my family gave me, at least

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Something has to be do e about all the trolling going on here. It's time to fight back against the trolls

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

we should kill them

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zodium posted:

we should kill them

theres a thread for that now

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

I have never seen a more damning post about that thread.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Zodium posted:

Look in the mental illness thread and tell me there’s not a strong correlation with posting in that thread and mental illness. How to establish causality?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

Look in the mental illness thread and tell me there’s not a strong correlation with posting in that thread and mental illness. How to establish causality?

looks like there's a lot of americans

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

we need more places for the mean girls to post in this forum about how much everybody in this forum sucks

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

we need more places for the mean girls to post in this forum about how much everybody in this forum sucks

i for one enjoy spr's style

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My Very Serious Feedback Post, By Me, Forums Poster Docbeard:

CSPAM is fine.

(But please reconsider sexpig by night's permaban and Majorian should maybe use a lighter touch outside the Ukraine War Apocalyptic Hellthread and certain threads should be less doom 'n' gloom and also so should the real world, that's within the scope of CSPAM moderation, right? And I don't really care for the Trump thread these days, but my whims should not carry the force of law, hahaha of course not, unless...?)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Zodium posted:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

i agree wholeheartedly, which is why we need to get rid of the cspam insular chat threads because people just don't feel comfortable walking into threads and insulting the regulars

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ive got some bad news, or maybe good news, and its that all threads are both chat threads and cause mental illness. we can now all agree that cspam must close at midnight

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

it is a goddamn crime that the only place that lets me make fun of cspam posters is drama threads posted in other forums, the mods should all be fired into the sun so i can do more victory laps and be one of the cool kids

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
The main issue right now is Majorian. NeatHeteroDude has shown a lot of growth. Maybe they could set up a kind of big brother system?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

The main issue right now is Majorian. NeatHeteroDude has shown a lot of growth. Maybe they could set up a kind of big brother system?

I’ve noticed NHD has taken a lighter touch since he had his little mini meltdown at me a week or so ago so maybe he’s trending in the right direction, I’m not holding my breath though but we’ll see, benefit of doubts for now

I think majorian is generally a good poster and has the potential to do a good job but should probably just let threads deal with people being annoying unless it becomes overwhelming. Some of the best melt downs happen when people get stuck in that negative feedback loop and cutting it off with probes should be limited to people who go absolutely insane like when xtal did their thing in the podcast thread (and everywhere else they posted)

Just my two cents though

Lib and let die posted:

:same: although I always fear I might cross her and end up on the wrong side of it

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Dec 12, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redneck nazgul posted:

i agree wholeheartedly, which is why we need to get rid of the cspam insular chat threads because people just don't feel comfortable walking into threads and insulting the regulars

That's true. It's fun to say rude poo poo to some guy on the street but if you went into his house and did it the vibe is very different

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Something like the vidcons, glennthread or the podcast one or the musk thread when there isn't some dumbass d&d refugee throwing their weight around are like main streets where the citizens mingle and can talk poo poo with people from other walks of life, as opposed to closed wards like the biosphere or car thread, or the trump thread which is a padlocked dumpster. I feel like this is a helpful analogy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

I'm literally my av, and I hope everyone else is too or you're lying on-line

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

some plague rats posted:

Something like the vidcons, glennthread or the podcast one or the musk thread when there isn't some dumbass d&d refugee throwing their weight around are like main streets where the citizens mingle and can talk poo poo with people from other walks of life, as opposed to closed wards like the biosphere or car thread, or the trump thread which is a padlocked dumpster. I feel like this is a helpful analogy

im imagining it like busytown

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

you may think you have the trump thread padlocked but trump posters are like raccoons, we will find a way to get at that garbage

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm literally my av, and I hope everyone else is too or you're lying on-line

i'm the sun irl

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I don't think the climate change thread is insular at all, and I don't understand why anyone has a problem with it.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Have you ever known somebody who has bad discipline with their dogs? And you go into their house and it smells terrible but they don’t even realize it stinks because they’re accustomed to it?

Climate/Covid/Trump thread have the same problem

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Pussy Boss posted:

I don't think the climate change thread is insular at all, and I don't understand why anyone has a problem with it.

I've never read it, but i can tell you right now i hate it and have strong opinions about the people who post in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Once we've figured out the TRUE bad thread in c-spam, all of our troubles will be over. I look forward to many productive pages of discussion in this detective effort.