Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The way forums justice has been dispensed on this subforum has only been punitive at the behest of posters who do not post here. The restorative actions like unbanning people have been lobbied for and demanded by all, yet falls on deaf ears as if it was a bit instead of a genuine request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RealityWarCriminal posted:

close the pyf drama thread

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Free cbo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Weka posted:

Scrolling through the musk thread from the post Majorian linked to CBO's second probe I counted 4 or 5 people saying they didn't want them posting about that, which is about one per page. There were far more people engaging with the topic. Is that the metric for when you can't post about something?

In DOOMSDAY Econ ol lying Leon gets 6 posts per page calling for his blood. Where are my justice metrics!?!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If we're still doing mod/ik suggestions, I think that KirbyKhan would make a good one.

Awwwww, thank.

But only for money. Jeffrey's got it, he posted the financials, there's enough for a slice of cheese for everybody.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zodium posted:

getting insanely tired of epic takes about which threads cause mental illness

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

the best way to discredit a thread is to post in it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jazerus posted:

good job re-enacting exactly why the cool zone sucked because it was just this every day

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

My general belief is that thread topics aren't real

I need to meditate on this.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Childfree freaks who post about the children they don't have are wierdos and shouldn't congregate here. Send their asses to E/N or PI.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
That last thing with Dave Chappelle and the whole comedy crowd booing Musk was p funny tho.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Failing to meet effort with effort, failure to assume good faith on part of another poster. Conduct highly unbecoming of a moderator. Do better.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Pussy Boss posted:

What you have to understand is that the Musk thread is a mock thread. It's like those threads about Blizzard or Star Citizen or w/e where people post 100000000 times about how much they hate the thing. People go there to call him Elong Muskrat and wish death upon him. Like here's a couple of recent posts:

And so on. You made posts which didn't attack Elon Musk, who is the new bogeyman, which means you support him. That's literally all they took from your posts. They don't care about the govt censoring social media. That's not what the thread is about.

Oooooooh, that makes so much sense.

mawarannahr posted:

We should be able to attribute and link posts from other forums, which do the same for us, the only forum with said rule

Yes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zodium posted:

no one cares. stop reading threads and forums that upset you

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
But they've been mad since 2007. Why would they ever need to learn another post?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

it might turn out funny

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobotomy molo posted:

fact check: this is objectively true. :) :)

random representative sample: bans & permas of cspam and gbs posters during the recent crackdown on both ukraine war threads from 10/16/22 to 11/11/22. both threads got closed at around the same time for ostensibly similar reasons (bloodlust, psycho posting, attacking other forums, etc etc). didn't know who every poster was, don't care

cspam:
bans: 14
permabans: 8
total # bans: 22

gbs:
bans: 7
permabans: 2
total # bans: 9

guess the subforum by the banned post

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

in conclusion:
+400% more permabans and +244% more total bans were handed out against cspammers for what are obviously far less egregious cspam posts. this reflects an obvious biased moderation trend towards banning cspammers. in conclusion: release all cspam political prisoners (please and thank you) :) :)

Great reporting work. Free sexpig. Free cumshitter

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Love a good mod meltdown. It is one of my favorite things

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Weka posted:

Been thinking this myself.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobotomy molo posted:

or please feel free to post the sexpig pms. either is fine

Pls

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Azathoth posted:

Your whole argument is predicated on the idea that there was a forum war between C-SPAM and GBS, and that if we did something to C-SPAM, we had to do the same to GBS and vice versa and that's just dumb.

It is extremely dumb. Unfortunately, due to the themes and population of the U/K thread, there are a non-zero number of posters who have psychically willed a forums war into being.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

I unironically think SPR would be a good CSPAM mod and also that she would absolutely hate it so that's two reasons to make her CSPAM's next mod.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

spr had buttons in the glenn thread?

Yeah, the button on her keyboard. She would use them to type rude things.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
What?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dustcat posted:

containment zone is a good technical term that any poster intuitively understands

It's a made up word for forums posters that doesn't actually work. No poster is contained by a specific thread or subforum that merely exists. These aren't cardboard boxes with the word "TORMP" written on it propped up by a stick tied to a rope leading to some snickering bushes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anyone with buttons must keep their pms private. Any free poster should be free to do dramatic readings of any pm in their inbox.

Except the sexpig PMs, post that poo poo immidiately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

also, I think in retrospect the explanation for not starting with a ban+30 ("because i just know they won't get any better") has been objectively wrong.

what few of sexpig's reregs have been hit have been for insanely minor posting offenses that would have earned a sixer (at most, but if we're being honest probably nothing) for literally anyone else.

so yeah that perma still needs to get reconsidered from what information is freely available

Mod feedback at the time was "ramps don't work, just perma the freaks" so I get why admin staff pressed the buttons. But holy gently caress it has been months of "free sexpig" and it is being treated like a bit like "free larry".