Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

musk thread was pretty good until elon gave us a snoozer weekend on the Twitter Files and the thread got stuck on hunter biden's hog for days. the inevitable descent into glennchat was just the end result

idk other than the suicide stuff it's not an obviously bad thread but it could do with people putting in a bit more effort i agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what can i say, i'm capable of basic separation of a behavior by a small group of posters from an evaluation of the thread as a whole. historically a rare skill for a cspam mod, i know

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

some plague rats posted:

Yeah but the form that separation takes should be probing them until they stop, not smiling in satisfaction at how smart you are and moving on

we have been

report the posts if you think they're so bad because they're clearly getting lost in the shuffle at the moment. i can't read every post nor should anyone frankly but several cspam mods check the report forum daily

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the only thread that was ever so bad it cratered into the ground was the cool zone and even it had its moments early on

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

id like to see how many posters lost their mind in that thread

same with the gun thread

well basically it started off as a fun protest-watching thread and then it turned into a daily referendum on the ethics of anarchist autonomous zones, basically this every day

and then it kept sliding downhill from there

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

on the one hand that thread was a very bad idea. on the other hand, this gif is extremely good to laugh at

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it's the "sonic the hedgehog" that really pulls it all together imo.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

good job re-enacting exactly why the cool zone sucked because it was just this every day

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

double-permaban Alec Eiffel if possible

working hard

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

Is wishing that evil rich people be visited in the night by three spirits who impress upon them the necessity of changing their ways in terms so stark and terrifying that they cannot help be moved against forums rules?

yes. it is BEB

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

i was reminded of a conversation we had in the succ zone

there were a lot of people sympathetic to the idea that maybe it's disingenuous to call taibbi rightwing and taibbi dialectics should be considered more fully. no frantic slapping of the report button and calls for bans.

i presented this case to the new landscape of the musk thread. being as nice as possible [i.e. boring], citing over a decades long support of sanders, support for specific policies such as medicare for all, essays about tying the censorship directly to the billionaire privatization of the commons and war propaganda. people were deeply upset that someone would dare suggest this.

idk where im going with this but i hope this helps for feedback

you're just running into another example of the glenn problem where people are unable to parse the incoherent politics of gen x journalists like glenn and taibbi and decide they're right-wing by default. the musk thread pulled people in from GBS i guess so that's even more the case than normal. people want to just put him in the same bucket as bari weiss because they're working together on this (that's clearly something elon decided imo)

500 good dogs posted:

which is why it should be moved to gbs which is where most of the thread's posters are from anyways

there are way too many bernie avatars in that thread for it to be mostly GBS posters. you are welcome to go yell at the bad opinions if you want. ime people start saying that "most" of a thread's posters are from GBS when it hits like 10% GBS 90% CSPAM or so lol

Dustcat posted:

i don't know where on the forums a defense of matt taibbi would be at home except the now dead glenn thread, but yeah the musk thread isn't going to be receptive to it

the glennthread global initiative is complete. all threads are glenn

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

just post your eloquent musk discourse in the musk thread. nobody who isn't an idiot will be bothered by this. how you deal with the people who are idiots is up to you

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

would it really be cspam without it?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

i request that the mods and admins do not work to develop three or even thirty minute probation lengths

absolutely not. the PMs we receive for 6ers are already disproportionately unhinged, a 30 minute probe would undoubtedly unleash hell on earth

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Minecraft Holmes posted:

mods working their asses off

for my part; this is cspam, argue with people don't beg the mods to probate your posting enemies or move a thread you don't like out of the subforum. if you are interested in that type of posting experience i am sure you can find it somewhere. you can rest assured that if someone is unhinged enough they'll still make a post so bad they'll catch some kind of punishment because that's how it works and you know that's how it works so what's the problem

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Maybe you should pick mods or iks from people who aren't the top posters in megathreads? There are a lot of posters who's brains are complete mush because they only post about politics.

People get frustrated about mods in this subforum because they're always picked from a very specific subset of the community, and then these mods always feel like they gotta impose their will on whatever threads they deem bad. It doesn't really seem healthy that there are people who think that the glenn thread was a containment zone, or that there are a few mods who think the same. O_o

nobody would claim i was a top poster in anything so mission accomplished

i think this is genuinely something that has improved a lot recently. i would not call any of the recent mods including azathoth "megathread posters" in the way that you mean

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Dec 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

CSPAM owes its existence to the myth of the containment zone and is thus the greatest repudiation of that myth.

we contained ourselves here