Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

tristeham posted:

move the musk thread to GBS

The musk thread posters would genuinely be happier there btw. there’s nothing cspam about the thread and the thread regulars like it that way. which is fine. but why here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

when the mods here read 20 posts going “banish the trump and musk threads” and inevitably go “message received, we’ll get more IKs for those threads” (again) and then those IKs inevitably get promoted to mods (again), who then inevitably do some terrible GBS thing that gets them demodded (again) - I’d like to go on record in advance to say I told you so

or you could just banish the lovely threads in the first place. You have options

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Majorian posted:

Be honest - would you actually post in such a thread, or do you just want the current Trump thread to not exist? Because if it's the former, yeah, make your own. Call it the "non-lovely Trump thread" or whatever you think is appropriate. If it's the latter, then pretend like it doesn't exist and poof, wish granted.

bad threads that get several thousand posts a day foster derangement, lovely posters who post elsewhere, and lovely mods who for some reason get picked from those bad threads and who then go on to post erotic cartoons of Alvin and the Chipmunks in probe texts.

for the musk thread specifically, it’s just a hate thread at this point. the users are generally hostile to political analysis or content or jokes that are not some variation of “I HOPE ELONG MUSK loving DIES.” which all sounds fine for a gbs thread I believe. I think its posters would genuinely be happier there.

also if I can appeal to your self interest as a cspam mod: it being in gbs rather than here makes it not your problem when that thread produces the next Alex eiffel or series of death threats directed at someone who said something wrong on Twitter