Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The new mods are all really bad, clear them out and try again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

close the pyf drama thread

I'm willing to hear your argument

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

the reason that’s fine is because they’re reasonable and proposed by people who have those conditions. I think if you have this condition you should be applauded when you use it.

"Everyone in the covid thread has aids" is the most honest defense of it I've ever seen

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

what can i say, i'm capable of basic separation of a behavior by a small group of posters from an evaluation of the thread as a whole. historically a rare skill for a cspam mod, i know

Yeah but the form that separation takes should be probing them until they stop, not smiling in satisfaction at how smart you are and moving on

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ScrubLeague posted:

I think it should be acceptable to wish death upon rich and powerful people who are making the lives of everyone else worse, as long as those wishes don't include threats or calls to action.

Yeah if it's actually funny because otherwise it's just a bunch of losers doing dour wishcasting about how they want people to die and what type of loving psycho thinks that would be good to read

And like spoilers for the musk thread: those guys are extremely not funny

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

who cares if it's funny, none of the other posts are funny but they're not being probed

Because if you're making boring posts about incrementalism or railways or your loving lunch at least you're acting like a regular person and not frightening the hoes you dumbass!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

I have never seen a more damning post about that thread.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redneck nazgul posted:

i agree wholeheartedly, which is why we need to get rid of the cspam insular chat threads because people just don't feel comfortable walking into threads and insulting the regulars

That's true. It's fun to say rude poo poo to some guy on the street but if you went into his house and did it the vibe is very different

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Something like the vidcons, glennthread or the podcast one or the musk thread when there isn't some dumbass d&d refugee throwing their weight around are like main streets where the citizens mingle and can talk poo poo with people from other walks of life, as opposed to closed wards like the biosphere or car thread, or the trump thread which is a padlocked dumpster. I feel like this is a helpful analogy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

you may think you have the trump thread padlocked but trump posters are like raccoons, we will find a way to get at that garbage

oh no the posters already in there. the padlock is on the inside

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly apart from majorian the moderation around here is a million times better now than it was in the twoday/crusty nutsack era of just stumbling around automatically making the dumbest and most embarrassing decision in every possible situation. gj everyone

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

also some self-appointed security guards shot two kids for the crime of driving while black and the posters celebrated their accuracy and noted stupid piece of poo poo Elise the Great, a "black bloc antifa street medic" wrote a bunch of posts explaining that they were correct to immediately hose some 15 year olds with bullets and then cover it up because maybe they were in a gang??? They might have been about to do a drive-by!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lol again at everyone trying to own me by writing loving limericks?? before I got thread banned with this probe

quote:

There once was a goon who I thread banned
And I wondered why I hadn't done this beforehand?
You refuse to play nice
Thread making GBS threads is your vice
So I'll say again: you're now thread banned. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Between that thread and the cool zone crusty nutsack should have been launched into the loving sun

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

those kids fired on the crowd, it certainly wasn't a driving while black thing

why would you frame it like that

This has literally never been established, at all, except by people trying to defend murdering two teenagers

Dustcat posted:

well i just don't think the armed security at this particular event would shoot up a random car only because the people driving it were black

:whitewater:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

right

i too do not think that security at a BLM protest shot up a car because black kids were driving it

Right. They did though? I mean those kids are loving dead. Remember Elise, who was there and heavily involved, posting repeatedly about how they were gang members and scoping the place out so they could do a drive-by. Do you think that would have been the case if they were white, Dustcat.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

wait who shot up the car

are you not following the conversation

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

i'm following it but i forget who exactly it was who shot up the car

Did you ever know to begin with

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

do you remember who it was, plague rats?

Of course I know?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

they definitely thought shots were coming from that car

why are you so sure of this, exactly. I mean what are you basing this on. Because it sounds exactly like the poo poo someone would say if they panicked and murked some kids

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

a black on black violence thing

Dustcat do you realize "black bloc" isn't referring to their race

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

the guys with guns were black, as were the kids in the car, at this BLM protest

Where's your evidence for this. It would be interesting to see

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd say stop acting stupid but with Dustcat I genuinely don't believe it's an act

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

anyways as much as i hate to say it i agree with some plague broad. az and NHD are actually doing fine and majorian should shut the gently caress up

lol drat

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Nipples posted:

You are not clever and I think that you and everyone who thinks that is funny or emptyquoted that post should all go gently caress yourselves.

:qq:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zodium posted:

no one cares. stop reading threads and forums that upset you

Embarrassing how some people started saying "u mad" in 2007 and decided they never needed to learn a second type of post

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Okay, well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but here's the thing: if you're going to be a prick to me, gently caress you. I'm going to probe you.

You're such a flimsy little bitch, gently caress off back to d&d if you want to be treated with ~decorum~

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a stronger indicator someone should not have buttons than them immediately deciding "well since I've got buttons I'm special and it should be a punishable offense to be rude to me"

Are you going to start punishing caps lock violations next you stupid poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

that's some good aggro posting rats but can you turn it into a slapfight

No because he'll just push buttons instead of engaging

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

it's true you can't slap a man out of a position he didn't arrive at through a series of more complex slaps

I'm going to come at you like E Honda until you start making more sense!!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

No, what this all suggests is that I'm human. I have bad days, and clearly this was one. The worst thing that came out of it was a couple of 6ers and a gassed joke thread that the OP had locked already. I will do my best to not have another bad day, but I'm not stepping down from this super-important, world-affecting position as volunteer janitor on the political shitposting sub of a dead gay comedy forum.

This is the worst possible response! Every single thing you post just makes you sound like an even bigger dickhead! Nobody gives a poo poo that you had a bad day, stop trying to make it our loving problem, you did a bunch of stupid poo poo because your skin is way too thin for this role so maybe instead of this :smuggo: routine you're attempting just stop posting

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

You're losing your poo poo over two people getting sixers and me getting briefly pissy, and you're saying I'm too thin-skinned? Seek help, seriously.

A couple posts of feedback about how badly you're coming across and you're already resorting to lovely jabs about my mental health, absolute bang up job you're doing. Glad you get to set the tone around here, thanks admins for another stellar choice

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

I love that calling people "retard" doesn't bother you but this sends you clutching at pearls.

Have you noticed I don't say "retard" any more. You can check my post history, I've stopped using it. So this is you, what, tripling down by now? You think this is how a moderator should deal with poo poo in their forum?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

It's me pointing out that you seem to only get offended very selectively. One might say cynically.

Right, I have a tolerance for bad words so it's fine for you to call me mentally ill for thinking little of your moderating style. That's an interesting stance, just saying offensive poo poo and then deciding afterwards whether it was okay for you to do that based on the post history of the people who tell you that was bad. Are you going to moderate the same way? Like if someone starts throwing out the slurs are you going to start checking whether the people reporting it are actually minorities before you probe em

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean just to be clear: before you decided to be lovely about my mental health, did you assume in advance I would be cynical about it? Or did you just do it without thinking because you were mad and trying to do some damage. Important, to consider this, as a moderator

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lobotomy molo posted:

fact check: this is objectively true. :) :)

random representative sample: bans & permas of cspam and gbs posters during the recent crackdown on both ukraine war threads from 10/16/22 to 11/11/22. both threads got closed at around the same time for ostensibly similar reasons (bloodlust, psycho posting, attacking other forums, etc etc). didn't know who every poster was, don't care

cspam:
bans: 14
permabans: 8
total # bans: 22

gbs:
bans: 7
permabans: 2
total # bans: 9

guess the subforum by the banned post

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

in conclusion:
+400% more permabans and +244% more total bans were handed out against cspammers for what are obviously far less egregious cspam posts. this reflects an obvious biased moderation trend towards banning cspammers. in conclusion: release all cspam political prisoners (please and thank you) :) :)

lol who changed your name

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

As someone who has been pretty open about his own struggles with mental illness, I’m gonna have to ask you to miss me with this gaslighting horseshit: “Seek help” is pretty mild compared to the ableism you clearly don’t give two shits about.

I would have assumed someone who had experienced struggles with mental health would be less quick to throw it out as an own, especially as a moderator? But it's fine right, because you didn't say the bad word, and you only did a mild ableism so you're still a good person

I mean jesus christ "gaslighting" you profound loving embarassment

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

huge revelation

free larry, post the sexpig pms, remove majorans buttons

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmfao he gassed the stewie griffin thread? Majorian brother if you're going for a Flavius style meltdown at least do something funny.

Hey Azathoth while you're here what criteria are you using to select mods and how did it recommend Majorian. Honest question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

nobody would claim i was a top poster in anything so mission accomplished

Okay so how the hell are they picking you guys. Az can you please be specific what the selection criteria is because from the outside it's completely baffling