Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lobotomy molo posted:

fact check: this is objectively true. :) :)

random representative sample: bans & permas of cspam and gbs posters during the recent crackdown on both ukraine war threads from 10/16/22 to 11/11/22. both threads got closed at around the same time for ostensibly similar reasons (bloodlust, psycho posting, attacking other forums, etc etc). didn't know who every poster was, don't care

cspam:
bans: 14
permabans: 8
total # bans: 22

gbs:
bans: 7
permabans: 2
total # bans: 9

guess the subforum by the banned post

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

in conclusion:
+400% more permabans and +244% more total bans were handed out against cspammers for what are obviously far less egregious cspam posts. this reflects an obvious biased moderation trend towards banning cspammers. in conclusion: release all cspam political prisoners (please and thank you) :) :)

yeah there was obviously some kind of agreement to make the gbs mods settle down and it turned out the deal was very bad for cspam

instead of you know, just ignoring them because its gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is a problem domain

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
not sure why it took this long to consider shrike may need to be brutally murdered probe'd but better late than never

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dustcat posted:

containment zone is a good technical term that any poster intuitively understands

Like problem domain

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

I think you'll get better pm's and less harrassment if people know they'll get mocked and punished for it. But ya, thanks for not sharing I guess so the they can harrass everyone else or whatever.

it was me, all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Sex Pig pissed someone off, either Jeff or someone Jeff likes

gently caress knows what he did, we're not allowed to know for some reason so it may have been deserved or it may not. Probably why vendetta banning isn't actually a good idea.