Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

move the glenn thread to PYF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

we need more places for the mean girls to post in this forum about how much everybody in this forum sucks

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

i for one enjoy spr's style

i agree wholeheartedly, which is why we need to get rid of the cspam insular chat threads because people just don't feel comfortable walking into threads and insulting the regulars

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

it is a goddamn crime that the only place that lets me make fun of cspam posters is drama threads posted in other forums, the mods should all be fired into the sun so i can do more victory laps and be one of the cool kids

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i request that the mods and admins do not work to develop three or even thirty minute probation lengths

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

nah, gently caress it, use the mod powers. you're not hitting anyone that will get you demodded.

if there's a group of people who just want to stir poo poo and be hostile towards a forum, idk, maybe they should post somewhere else, there's like four other forums where people can go "ha ha remember the cool zone and plinkey? heh", they can go post there

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i assume that any tropical vacation with jeffrey involves helping him fish a mattress out of the pool

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

refusing to use buttons and moderator authority except in the obvious cases of rulebreaking or when another forum piles in to gawk is how cspam managed to achieve all of the following:

a dipshit in an elementary waving a razor blade for vlog clout when he wasn't noticeably increasing the forums revenue by plastering his face everywhere
a thread that radicalized the scourge of pacific northwestern proud boy toes
a goonfund run by the laziest possible person instead of being given parameters before it was allowed to not be gassed on sight
a "containment" thread for baiting people into arguing with the most tedious and contrarian centrist takes since the media literacy thread

and the takeaway from all of this is "no, mods should use their buttons less and just let posters riff it out"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Which is the "containment" thread?

it's not the one you IK because you sure as hell aren't containing him there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Your whole argument is predicated on the idea that there was a forum war between C-SPAM and GBS, and that if we did something to C-SPAM, we had to do the same to GBS and vice versa and that's just dumb.

the impression given was that every permaban from GBS for the war thread was met with one from CSPAM, which checks out per the leper's colony. more people got regular bans from the GBS thread, but that's also the thread that had more people posting in it. :shrug:

it may have not been intentional but i can't blame someone on either side looking at the results and going "that side got off easy, there must have been some sort of negotiation or tit-for-tat"