Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ve noticed NHD has taken a lighter touch since he had his little mini meltdown at me a week or so ago so maybe he’s trending in the right direction, I’m not holding my breath though but we’ll see, benefit of doubts for now

I think majorian is generally a good poster and has the potential to do a good job but should probably just let threads deal with people being annoying unless it becomes overwhelming. Some of the best melt downs happen when people get stuck in that negative feedback loop and cutting it off with probes should be limited to people who go absolutely insane like when xtal did their thing in the podcast thread (and everywhere else they posted)

Just my two cents though

:same: although I always fear I might cross her and end up on the wrong side of it

You're right about me, and I apologize for getting confrontational with you. I have some things going on in the background that made me a little quick to engage when instead I could have just ignored you or made a joke. Sorry about that, I'll try to regulate how I post more in the future.

Edit: though I did hit a new bench PR with the extra energy :].

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Dec 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Dustcat posted:

because why would they shoot up a random car

Dustcat this is literally one of the main jokes in Joseph Heller's Catch-22

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

We shot at them because we had a reason, we had a reason because we shot at them

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Dustcat posted:

good dog

The "punchline" to that is you have to be either crazy or very stupid to think that way

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Minecraft Holmes posted:

the fyad lite where you're not allowed to use naughty words or say mean things, especially to the mods

post your ignore list again!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'd like a police district's worth of posters in cspam or sa as a whole. It would really bring life to have another 10,000 or so friends to hang with

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

im an AMERICAN posted:

oh hey look a new thread title

also you can't use leper colony for data collection because accounts can be banned without entries in the Leper Colony :q:

lol uo https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3968766&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post515059006

Unoriginal Name posted:

Put a gun in your mouth & pull the loving trigger you fat friend of the family

haha its a joke

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 08:13 on Dec 16, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Also I'm really really not modding at all except for super ergrigious poo poo and probing people like shrike, but I'm also reading the feedback and looking at what people are saying about how mods interact with posters. having some time to hang out off the forums because of irl stuff has convinced me that I was using buttons too much. not having me probing people has not caused the forums to burn down, so I'm going to try not be as button-happy as i've been in the past.

thanks again for everyone hashing stuff out. I'm just not super invested into discussing this unless i'm poking fun at one or two posters who aren't giving the brunt of the good feedback.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cuttlefush posted:

behavior modification works

it does!

edit: and there are still things I read and go "man this guy's being a dick, I should probe him." but being a dick or being rude isn't really against the rules unless it's like, telling someone to kys or some other abnormal poo poo. like I got confrontational with HashtagGirlBoss because I was in a bad mood from IRL stuff and there was a part of me that wanted to probe them, but it's not cool for me to do that. and whenever I feel tempted I think "man imagine how much worse and more poo poo I'd be getting from probing this person".

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Dec 16, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

lol

it's hard to walk away from someone being a dick even though it obviously doesn't matter at all and you won't (shouldn't) remember it a month later. That's a rule I use for anxieties irl- will I actually care about this a month from now?

also, I've gained some perspective on how people are doing and want to say that the holidays are really, really hard for lots and lots of people. They're probably really hard for you, too! People are dealing with loneliness, losing their loved ones and missing them during the holidays, coping with family, not having enough money to buy the things they want to buy, and trying to square how bad things are/will get from here on out.

This is not directed at Majoran or what happened yesterday(?); this is just in general. It's hard right now, and the holidays will make things even harder. No one deserves your grace if they're being a dick or doing something lovely to you, but having to cope with some IRL stuff recently has reminded me how many other people are struggling and how SA is an outlet for a lot of them. That's the attitude I'm taking into the holidays both here and in real life, and we'll see how that goes.

Edit: and if you're losing your cool or getting angrier or more upset about stuff than normal because of what's happening irl, you should do your best to take a break, try not to inflict it on other people, and apologize if you do.

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 09:40 on Dec 16, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

some plague rats posted:

I will not breach the posters code

My belief about it as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I've gotten some truly deranged and awful pms but I think it sets a bad precedent to post them because then everyone knows you just might post their private messages if you get upset or want to be lovely