Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

The new mods are all really bad, clear them out and try again

Yeah this, if the first thing you feel the need to do in the adolf hitler megathread is scold people for saying stuff about hitler you should probably not be a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Maybe pick mods from threads that aren't fail megathreads.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Majorian posted:

Hijacking discussions to engage in these weird, tedious arguments about why Glenn can never be wrong, even as the thread regulars keep saying, "stop, this is annoying." The Glenn thread and its successors were supposed to be the place for that sort of thing to happen freely. cbo did a pretty good job of keeping it there, which is why his rapsheet was clean for the last year and a half - up until his Matthew Shepard posts.

why would you kill the conversation in 1 thread so you can have it in a completely different thread lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bitmap posted:

an d let me say the R word

brother if the covid thread posters are allowed to compare covid to the holocaust or aids you should be allowed to say the r word

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

there 100% is osme fail thread in the mod forums about handling the glenn thread lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ScrubLeague posted:

I think it should be acceptable to wish death upon rich and powerful people who are making the lives of everyone else worse, as long as those wishes don't include threats or calls to action.

this guys going to suck off elon musk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If we're still doing mod/ik suggestions, I think that KirbyKhan would make a good one.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we should have a duck hunt thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

redneck nazgul posted:

i agree wholeheartedly, which is why we need to get rid of the cspam insular chat threads because people just don't feel comfortable walking into threads and insulting the regulars

redneck nazgul posted:

it is a goddamn crime that the only place that lets me make fun of cspam posters is drama threads posted in other forums, the mods should all be fired into the sun so i can do more victory laps and be one of the cool kids

Why don't you just say what you mean instead of posting passive aggressively?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

500 good dogs posted:

bring back cool zone

I don't want to post in it but I think we should bring it back

id like to see how many posters lost their mind in that thread

same with the gun thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bring back the erotica thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the what thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939718

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

can the mods reopen the witchcraft thread

:thanks:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953382&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

twoday posted:

I once started making a C-SPAM/Trump themed tarot deck but I didn't get very far. Nevertheless I am posting those here because they seem relevant:

:pwn:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dustcat posted:

well i just don't think the armed security at this particular event would shoot up a random car only because the people driving it were black

:goofy:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

To this day the people that shot up that car and killed those kids have not been arrested. Weird how all the Chaz people are so tight lipped about a bunch of murderers.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dustcat posted:

i don't know what actually happened at the protest

what's happening online is that people are using these kids' deaths as evidence that black people / leftists / whatever are bad because they will heedlessly shoot up a randomly passing car, especially if a black kid is driving it

You don’t have to defend a people who shot up 2 black teens.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shiroc posted:

e: this was a waste of effort

What a cowardly edit. I don't have any beef with elise or whatever but anytime one of you describes this event it's never "it's bad that these 2 kids died", it's always "it's bad that these kids died BUT they shot back/there was a proud boy threat/etc". Can you not see how that comes across as an attempt to justify their deaths?

Majorian posted:

Maybe take it to another thread? It seems like a lot of folks here would rather not talk about it here right now.

This is something that especially you do all the time, and it's so annoying. Half of you have posted in D&D and know that breaking off a topic completely kills any attempt at a conversation about that topic. It's probably not ideal to be having a conversation about holomodor in the pictures thread but I don't get why that hurts anyone.

One of the reasons people post here instead of D&D is that you can have conversations like this without having to provide 8000 citations or be probed because you're going off topic.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

thread topics shouldnt be enforced unless it's a main character situation, and then only enforced to mock whoever is being the main character

the new topic should be how were going to kill u

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

move the trump thread to cccc and make that dog av goon it's ik, they seem good enough

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

studio mujahideen posted:

no, this is lovely in dnd because its done to remove on topic posts from the threads they belong in ("immigration chat doesnt belong in the us politics thread" etc)

relitigating this stupid loving argument about chaz for the 100th time has nothing to do with cspam feedback lol

no one cares about this poo poo. more people on sa need to sincerely just let go of their forum grudges or whatever

didnt read

comedyblissoption posted:

i was reminded of a conversation we had in the succ zone

there were a lot of people sympathetic to the idea that maybe it's disingenuous to call taibbi rightwing and taibbi dialectics should be considered more fully. no frantic slapping of the report button and calls for bans.

i presented this case to the new landscape of the musk thread. being as nice as possible [i.e. boring], citing over a decades long support of sanders, support for specific policies such as medicare for all, essays about tying the censorship directly to the billionaire privatization of the commons and war propaganda. people were deeply upset that someone would dare suggest this.

idk where im going with this but i hope this helps for feedback

didnt read

TehSaurus posted:

Here’s my feedback: I like cspam. Even though y’all don’t get everything right all the time you’re making a genuine effort at an essentially impossible task and I’m glad you’re here.

I do really dislike the good/bad thread forums warrioring though so it would be cool if there was less of that. Also if we could get 10000000 hour probes for idiots from other forums hate posting in the Covid thread I would like that. Idiots from other parts of cspam are still ok though.

I also have mixed feelings on the prohibition of death posting. so much of civilization is organized around murdering the powerless for profit that it feels a bit like :decorum: to not be able to publicly lust for the deaths of the oppressors. Like sure it would be better if the death posts were funny but so much of cspam is just unfunny wailing and gnashing of teeth and I feel like this is just a different flavor of that?

I do understand the history and all that though and I’d rather have cspam without death posting than no cspam so maybe better things aren’t possible.

didnt read

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there 100% is osme fail thread in the mod forums about handling the glenn thread lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Have we considered just giving each of the mega threads it’s own subforum and then we could forum wars even harder, and then maybe those subs could splinter into even more subs until we get to a beautiful endpoint where we’re each an ik of our own thread that only we post in that’s nested seven subs deep from a desolate CSPAM?

Every megathread is already feels like this. There are several threads where you'll see something like "crack ping syq open biden lol. lmao" and it rightfully looks like gibberish to anyone outside that thread.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

saying "full mask off" should be a bannable offense

Holy moly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

no need to announce your presence like this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shifty Nipples posted:

You are not clever and I think that you and everyone who thinks that is funny or emptyquoted that post should all go gently caress yourselves.

whats wrong with the letter R

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the stewie griffin politics threads needs an ik, please either make fart simpson the ik or that thread or force paul to be the ik of that thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zodium posted:

no one cares. stop reading threads and forums that upset you

Zodium posted:

gas aids psycho freak goons ftw 😂

Why are you acting like there aren't some absolutely dogshit blackpilled posters in this subforum?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

I went ahead an ungassed the Stewie Griffin thread. As an avid Family Guy fan since the very beginning, I have been enjoying it and would hate to see the forums lose it.

Lmfao he gassed the stewie griffin thread? Majorian brother if you're going for a Flavius style meltdown at least do something funny.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

For Majorian, he did a good job as IK of the U/R thread. Overall, we look at threads that don't have mods reading them, then look at the most frequent posters and see who we think would be good. Overall, I think Majorian has done a good job as a mod and that the U/R thread is much better for him being a full mod and being able to see reports. This little spat with AiT being an exception, of course, but I think he will learn from it.

!remindme 2 months

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Maybe you should pick mods or iks from people who aren't the top posters in megathreads? There are a lot of posters who's brains are complete mush because they only post about politics.

People get frustrated about mods in this subforum because they're always picked from a very specific subset of the community, and then these mods always feel like they gotta impose their will on whatever threads they deem bad. It doesn't really seem healthy that there are people who think that the glenn thread was a containment zone, or that there are a few mods who think the same. O_o

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

This is part of why we have pushed to have a lot more mods, and why we just added more. When I came on back in October of last year, there were periods early on where I was the only mod who was not at least partially away, and that creates a powerful disincentive to step away. I have done some of the dumbest poo poo of my tenure when I didn't feel I could step away and was stressed by life outside the forums.

Now, we actively encourage mods to take time away, either from the forums entirely, or just from mod stuff. I hope that posting is still fun for every mod, I'd never tell them to not post if they like it. Getting people to do it remains an ongoing effort.

Lmfao come on dude, you can just step down.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lots of people saying this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lessail posted:

what if i haven't posted in 20 pages

you can use the little thread search bar to search by userid:<your userid>

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

goldmine the plinkey goon fund imo, easily the funniest thing cspam has produced

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mkae spr a mod and confine her to the culture warriors thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

did the math and it looks like 4003% of the probes in pyf are on cspam users, and 1056% of the probes in pyf are on non cspam users

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

every time people talk about the mods having buttons it makes me think the mods have big shiny buttons on their shirts and jackets that jeffrey of yospos sends them. might be something to consider implementing.

you get one of these wheen youre a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dustcat posted:

the sense of the phrase is that when you delete a containment zone, every poster in it spreads out to other threads and forums to do their posting

nobody thinks that posters in there can only post in there, the whole point is that they want to only post in there

Why is that a bad thing? It seems really weird to confine yourself to 1 thread let alone only 1 subforum. If someone can't behave or is being super weird they'll probably be probed.

Also this sounds like a dig towards the Brie/Glenn/Tracey threads. Most of the people who were posting in those threads also posted outside of those threads.