Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

you may think you have the trump thread padlocked but trump posters are like raccoons, we will find a way to get at that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

just be aware that if you see a trump thread poster out and about in the daytime, approaching people fearlessly, it's probably rabies

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Jazerus posted:

the only thread that was ever so bad it cratered into the ground was the cool zone and even it had its moments early on

yea the cool zone was p dece in its day

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

also some self-appointed security guards shot two kids for the crime of driving while black and the posters celebrated their accuracy and noted stupid piece of poo poo Elise the Great, a "black bloc antifa street medic" wrote a bunch of posts explaining that they were correct to immediately hose some 15 year olds with bullets and then cover it up because maybe they were in a gang??? They might have been about to do a drive-by!!

those kids fired on the crowd, it certainly wasn't a driving while black thing

why would you frame it like that

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

well i just don't think the armed security at this particular event would shoot up a random car only because the people driving it were black

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It was the middle of the night, people were loving on edge thinking they were the vanguard of a revolution. It’s perfectly conceivable they got spooked and started shooting

yeah but that wouldn't be a "driving while black" shooting would it?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don’t necessarily think it was a driving while black situation but I also don’t think they opened fire on security. I think it was dumbasses playing revolutionary and getting spooked and killing two teenagers

Very lovely and sad situation

But it’s probably not the right thread

right

i too do not think that security at a BLM protest shot up a car because black kids were driving it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

wait who shot up the car

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

are you not following the conversation

i'm following it but i forget who exactly it was who shot up the car

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

do you remember who it was, plague rats?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

so why would they shoot up a car because black kids are driving it

they definitely thought shots were coming from that car

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Has that information ever come out? Honestly the whole situation stinks of a coverup by those involved looking to justify their actions after the fact. Afaik it’s never been established the teens even had a gun in the vehicle. The whole thing is a lot of stories being told by unreliable narrators

yeah all i know is what i've gathered from the internet, which i guess is all most people here know anyway

i just think it's loving offensive to twist it into a black on black violence thing which the "the protestors shot innocent kids" narrative is

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Dustcat do you realize "black bloc" isn't referring to their race

the guys with guns were black, as were the kids in the car, at this BLM protest

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Where's your evidence for this. It would be interesting to see

lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

can you elaborate on why you believe this

because why would they shoot up a random car

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s the middle of the night, you’re packing heat and playing revolutionary on a self selected defense mission. You’re on edge because of constant rumors about proud boys about to attack. You might be drinking, probably definitely smoking weed, there’s a vehicle where there shouldn’t be. You open fire

To me, that’s the most logical chain of events but it’s all conjecture because none of us know poo poo and all the accounts are unreliable and full of holes

yeah but that, again, is not the car getting shot up because of "driving while black" which is where this all started from

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Dustcat this is literally one of the main jokes in Joseph Heller's Catch-22

jfc

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

We shot at them because we had a reason, we had a reason because we shot at them

good dog

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You keep saying this but then you also keep trying to justify the murder so idk but this isn’t the right place to have this discussion so let’s both drop it, feel free to get the last word if you’re so inclined

i haven't tried to justify murder, what a dumb thing to say

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

The "punchline" to that is you have to be either crazy or very stupid to think that way

wow very smart

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

dustcat given the lack of things like evidence, have you considered alternative speculations like americans with guns do really dumb things, a false flag, etc.

i don't know what actually happened at the protest

what's happening online is that people are using these kids' deaths as evidence that black people / leftists / whatever are bad because they will heedlessly shoot up a randomly passing car, especially if a black kid is driving it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

speng31b posted:

never got to see that thread so it's good to know it was pretty much as expected

2010 reg, missed out on the cool zone?

i'm sorry

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Majorian posted:

Maybe take it to another thread? It seems like a lot of folks here would rather not talk about it here right now.

very fair and done

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i don't know where on the forums a defense of matt taibbi would be at home except the now dead glenn thread, but yeah the musk thread isn't going to be receptive to it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Have we considered just giving each of the mega threads it’s own subforum and then we could forum wars even harder, and then maybe those subs could splinter into even more subs until we get to a beautiful endpoint where we’re each an ik of our own thread that only we post in that’s nested seven subs deep from a desolate CSPAM?

seems to work for reddit

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Minecraft Holmes posted:

why would such a pathetic martyr complex upset me? it's a thread on a forum lol

a question worth investigating imho

know thyself

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

docbeard posted:

Have you considered making the thread that is nominally about former president Donald Trump a good thread instead of an incoherent nightmare realm?

make the good thread about president trump you wish to see in the world

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

there's a gbs trump thread if that would be more to your liking, i haven't really visited it in a while so i don't know what specific kind of nightmare realm vibe they're going for these days

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the musk thread absolutely is a hate thread and lmaoing at musk imploding is the primary reason everyone reads it and posts in it

if you want to do more detailed political analysis of muskism or whatever, you'll either have to put up with the braying masses or start another thread

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

looks like AIT got plenty of posts in today despite the sixer and i'm sure he'll redouble his efforts tomorrow

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i hope trump announcing he's gonna be the next speaker of the house brings back squizzle to show you how sixers are done

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

one time i quoted a "quote this for a sixer with a cool pic" post and they didn't get around to it until the next day right when i was getting ready to post, and ever since then i've thought that that would be the way to give the most annoying sixers

i assume every mod independently comes up with this idea even if it's not in the handbook

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

AIT is hostile at everyone, maybe that should be a red flag iunno

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm sure those posts of let's kill X have a lot of thought behind them

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also if aggro posting is good, then it seems like mods should definitely get into slapfights all the time

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dreylad posted:

in my experience it's always been challenging to know when to step in and when to let the thread handle things, and I don't get it right, especially at times in the u/r thread.

giving everyone involved in a slapfight a sixer seems to work pretty well

that way everyone can save face because their opponent got sixered for being a troll, and they for replying to an obvious troll

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

that's some good aggro posting rats but can you turn it into a slapfight

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i do want to see glenn's take on caps lock violations and the liberal media elites who profit from suppressing the truth about the capital lock key

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

it's true you can't slap a man out of a position he didn't arrive at through a series of more complex slaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

We should have a mod feedback thread where they tell the posters how much the mods hate them.