Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

brother if the covid thread posters are allowed to compare covid to the holocaust or aids you should be allowed to say the r word

the reason that’s fine is because they’re reasonable and proposed by people who have those conditions. I think if you have this condition you should be applauded when you use it.

CODChimera posted:

and we should be able to joke about killing people

you can right now but this should be set in the rules, cause only some posters can do it currently and it’s stupid when others get punished for not being them.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 09:49 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Gamers should be forumbanned.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

some plague rats posted:

Yeah if it's actually funny because otherwise it's just a bunch of losers doing dour wishcasting about how they want people to die and what type of loving psycho thinks that would be good to read

And like spoilers for the musk thread: those guys are extremely not funny

You do this all the time and it’s not a good look. Do better.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

exmarx posted:

i skimmed it and it's very u.s. centric

it makes sense given more deaths were recorded from COVID in the USA than anywhere else, by a long shot, about 1/6th of worldwide recorded deaths. your life is less likely to be hosed up by getting sick if you live in, say, denmark. nevertheless we have posters from denmark and elsewhere, like the philippines and china. we even had an afghan and a maltese.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Zodium posted:

getting insanely tired of epic takes about which threads cause mental illness

Look in the mental illness thread and tell me there’s not a strong correlation with posting in that thread and mental illness. How to establish causality?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The main issue right now is Majorian. NeatHeteroDude has shown a lot of growth. Maybe they could set up a kind of big brother system?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Majorian posted:

Woody Harrelson voice: and it will be…a Cool Zone of Apes!

apes? seriously?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is something that especially you do all the time, and it's so annoying. Half of you have posted in D&D and know that breaking off a topic completely kills any attempt at a conversation about that topic. It's probably not ideal to be having a conversation about holomodor in the pictures thread but I don't get why that hurts anyone.

One of the reasons people post here instead of D&D is that you can have conversations like this without having to provide 8000 citations or be probed because you're going off topic.

I know what you mean, bud. I too thought it a conflict of interest when he, as a father to be, shut down childfree discussion yesterday. Kind of a conflict of interest if you know what I mean?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lobster shirt posted:

parents rise up

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
We should be able to attribute and link posts from other forums, which do the same for us, the only forum with said rule

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Every megathread is already feels like this. There are several threads where you'll see something like "crack ping syq open biden lol. lmao" and it rightfully looks like gibberish to anyone outside that thread.

“aids”

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Minecraft Holmes posted:

the covid thread appears to desire to be gassed, they're all horny for climbing up on a cross and should be obliged

This poster is crying for help, desperate to have their account gassed. Help them now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why are you acting like there aren't some absolutely dogshit blackpilled posters in this subforum?

Change begins with you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Majorian posted:

Nah, I don't like needlessly hostile people.

He closed his thread to keep me from posting in it, which seems kind of dumb since I can post in closed threads.

Retaliatory probing is a bad look regardless

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Just remembered something, don’t do this again please. Especially without putting a clear reason in the probation.

silicone thrills posted:

Neilia was a drunk who killed her kids and then Joe Biden blamed the other driver and made his life hell.

As someone who also had a mom who died to alcoholism I'm giving everyone the pass to totally dunk on her.

When I was making calls in Delaware some old dude told me that he was a rug cleaner back then and was trying to do a delivery to their house and she took a swing at him outa nowhere lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I like you as a poster but come on, you need to read the room and have some compassion for your fellows here. It seems very hair trigger and personal — especially when you don’t explain why — which makes you bad at being a moderator. It’s upsetting! This kind of thing is why people are reacting strongly I think.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Dec 15, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Willa Rogers posted:

majorian admitted it was a bad probe & that he had acted injudiciously.

I don’t think his approach has actually changed which is why the discussion continues, and we have to dowse his intention from probe reasons. saying “I hosed up” is nice I guess but unless it’s from the Bahamas it’s a sparkling “gently caress you.”

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fortaleza posted:

He's going to probe you for punching down at him for being poor

Reread the post

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Majorian posted:

It's me pointing out that you seem to only get offended very selectively. One might say cynically.

That doesn’t matter with regard to the feedback, which is correct. When you deflect negative feedback with “this is clearly in bad faith,” “you have impossible expectations,” “send a fax to lowtax if you don’t like it” etc. it makes it seem like you care a lot about holding onto your seat but not much about the community you have powers over.

500 good dogs posted:

lmao that went so far over your head it's kinda impressive IMO

Syq cause I can’t believe you wrote that

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 11:14 on Dec 15, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Majorian posted:

As someone who has been pretty open about his own struggles with mental illness, I’m gonna have to ask you to miss me with this gaslighting horseshit: “Seek help” is pretty mild compared to the ableism you clearly don’t give two shits about.

e: lmfao literally your most recent rap sheet entry is you saying “retard.” That was a month ago.

I would like to remind you that suggesting people who disagree with you could be mentally ill is something that can get you probated in this subforum. Maybe you didn’t know.

Azathoth posted:

Don't suggest people who disagree with you are mentally ill. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=519899545&noseen=1

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

gladly. they were up for a perma at one point for it but it apparently never happened, even though some of us thought it was going to. I will ban+30 that poo poo all day if I see it again

Dogs are part of the unique thread culture imo but please rigorously enforce a no-posting-about-sex policy for problem posters.

(My opinion is “playtime is over” was completely hallucinated and no dogs were harmed in producing the catchphrase of the year)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think Larry would be as excited to return here as Donald Trump was for Twitter

VideoKid posted:

this would be a good rule

I was kidding around a little previously but probably yeah

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Calibanibal posted:

brain candy is right. You mods are racist against the posters

Prejudice ✅
Power ✅

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Once this thread is closed, it would be nice if someone from the mod team notes the key issues that came up here and what was/will be done about them. Nothing lengthy.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lessail posted:

ok i'll ask since it has been on my mind. is there a way to easily get your post history in a specific thread if you haven't posted in it lately? i've been going back pages or navigating to a thread i've recently posted in to copy my user id. i think it'd be swell if there was a "Your Posts" button if no easy functionality exists

There is a way to easily get there. You :justpost: (you can say what you’re doing or not) and hit the ?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
SPR is unfit to be a moderator due to failing to model good behavior and committing button abuse in the Glenn thread. Should have had the stars stripped tbh but Azathoth is too cowardly to ward off interference in his domain. Additionally, there are too many video games discussions already.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

speng31b posted:

spr had buttons in the glenn thread?

No, she misused her powers as IK of a PYF thread to moderate a post I made in the Glenn thread. Not your jurisdiction rear end in a top hat!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I keep a log of all the death threats I see, actionable or not, and all the wishes of death. Lately, in my tallies, I’m noticing a lot of favoritism — some people never seem to get probated for making death threats even at a 400% increased rate over others. Why is this? Also, do you enjoy the reports?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

500 good dogs posted:

lol herstory lost his star for doing the same thing but to stop a poster genuinely melting down so it's funny that if you do the same thing for a bad reason you get to keep the star

Lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

some plague rats posted:

Nah I probed him for dragging immensely gay cspam drama into PYF and sending me malding PMs

You’re a whiny dunce who can’t handle a PM wishing you have a bad week for acting outside your gaming forum without rushing to the admins to complain about harassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Calibanibal posted:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a bad week for acting outside your gaming forum without rushing to the admins to complain about harassment.

Merry Christmas to working people ✊🏻