Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

getting insanely tired of epic takes about which threads cause mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

goonds 😂😂😂 c-spammers 🤣🤣

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

we should kill them

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

Look in the mental illness thread and tell me there’s not a strong correlation with posting in that thread and mental illness. How to establish causality?

looks like there's a lot of americans

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm literally my av, and I hope everyone else is too or you're lying on-line

i'm the sun irl

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

docbeard posted:

Man, first Majorian gets run out of D&D for being too friendly to CSPAM, and now this.

Honestly, compared to, you know, most CSPAM mods previous to I guess Son of Thunderbeast, he's doing fine. Just admitting when you've made a mistake is A-Class mod material. (It'll be S-Class if he actually follows through.)

NHD has really scaled back the Main Character Syndrome posting, or at least is confining it to places I don't read, which is basically the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Dreylad and vyelkin seem pretty cool, though I don't interact with them that much.

I'm still a bit surprised when I see that Crusty Nutsack is still a mod. I suspect she is too.

Free sexpig, free larry, double-permaban Alec Eiffel if possible, free cu-, no that's all.

when majorian was made ik of the ukraine thread I was worried he would pull some tedious d&d moderator poo poo, but i've largely been pleasantly surprised. Dreylad and vyelkin and maybe Trixie are some of the best mods because they post normally without mod voice or mod brain, so they usually register as normal posters.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

pretty sure you can predict whether someone will be a good or bad mod entirely by how much their posting demeanor changes after getting the star

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

TY. I really do mean it when I say I'm going to try to use my buttons less (at least for probes), although Phone is being a weird prick so I'm not going to take it easy on them. People can hold me accountable on that.

for fucks sake. just be normal. pretend you dont have buttons when you post.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Minecraft Holmes posted:

the covid thread appears to desire to be gassed, they're all horny for climbing up on a cross and should be obliged

no one cares. stop reading threads and forums that upset you

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Minecraft Holmes posted:

why would such a pathetic martyr complex upset me? it's a thread on a forum lol

aids

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gas aids psycho freak goons ftw 😂

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why are you acting like there aren't some absolutely dogshit blackpilled posters in this subforum?

:pwn:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

If that were my only reason for probing AIT, I'd agree. But like I said, I don't like needlessly aggro people, and I'm not getting paid to take abuse from shitheads like that. So I'm going to probe people who are needlessly hostile, either to me or to anyone else. If you have a problem with that, take it up with an admin.

this d&d poo poo is much closer to how I expected you to use buttons

if a thread is bad, don't read it. if someone is hostile, flame them. very simple

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

you should resign then, because you will be a bad cspam mod.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ah, I see, you got your real buttons now, so you can dispense with the pretense.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

Yeah, I think this is correct. It's been a really stressful week and a half for me in my personal life, which means I probably shouldn't have moderated during that time. Sorry to everyone for that. I'll take my lesson and do better going forward. No more slapfights for me, no more moderating during slapfights.

Majorian posted:

I honestly don't care whether or not F Stop Fitzgerald gives me another chance. :)

Majorian posted:

I am. That's why I'm saying that your opinion means literally nothing to me.

\/\/\/I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.\/\/\/

during the last day alone you responded to people being critical of your modship by using your buttons, saying to contact an admin if people don't like how you behave, and now these utterly unbelievable variations on how you don't care what people who are critical of you think. obviously you do. there are no stronger indicator someone should not have buttons than your behavior here. you are too fragile and reactant to be a good mod. you say no more slapfights for you, and then immediately get into a new slapfight, because you can't help yourself, and that's okay, but someone like that should not be a mod.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

No, what this all suggests is that I'm human. I have bad days, and clearly this was one. The worst thing that came out of it was a couple of 6ers and a gassed joke thread that the OP had locked already. I will do my best to not have another bad day, but I'm not stepping down from this super-important, world-affecting position as volunteer janitor on the political shitposting sub of a dead gay comedy forum.

it's not "being human," it's your character. and again, that's okay for a regular poster, but people who act the way you do during bad days do not make good mods. it's just facts. and you are going to have more bad days, sometimes because of the forums, and you are going to act the same way under pressure then. you'll slowly escalate your use of mod voice and buttons like you've been doing the last month, turning more and more people hostile, which will feed back into your reactance and cause you to double down like you're doing now, and so forth in a big dumb feedback loop. it will suck for c-spam, and it will suck for you.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ok man.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lmfao the av

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Love a good mod meltdown. It is one of my favorite things

getting a bit routine at this point tbh

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Also I'm really really not modding at all except for super ergrigious poo poo and probing people like shrike, but I'm also reading the feedback and looking at what people are saying about how mods interact with posters. having some time to hang out off the forums because of irl stuff has convinced me that I was using buttons too much. not having me probing people has not caused the forums to burn down, so I'm going to try not be as button-happy as i've been in the past.

thanks again for everyone hashing stuff out. I'm just not super invested into discussing this unless i'm poking fun at one or two posters who aren't giving the brunt of the good feedback.

I noticed this, but I wasn't sure if it was deliberate. it's very good, and I am reinforcing you by quoting the whole post. :3:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

CODChimera posted:

What did he do?

his gimmick is basically matt yglegias with compsci bro characteristics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

docbeard posted:

I unironically think SPR would be a good CSPAM mod and also that she would absolutely hate it so that's two reasons to make her CSPAM's next mod.