Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Majorian posted:

Ytlaya had an objection to my probating comedyblissoption for engaging in Glenn chat outside of the designated thread (currently the Brie Gray thread). I figured I should respond to it here:

There were a bunch of people telling him to knock it off, and he kept going right off of the warning 6er I gave him. He has a bad history of not knowing when to stop when it comes to his gimmick, and a lot of CSPAM regulars that don't post in the Glenn threads are pretty vocally tired of it. They don't want these weird "Glenn cannot fail, he can only be failed" arguments making GBS threads up other threads.

What do you think his "gimmick" is, and why do you think it's so terrible that he has to be probated instead of letting people argue with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I don't think the climate change thread is insular at all, and I don't understand why anyone has a problem with it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

i was reminded of a conversation we had in the succ zone

there were a lot of people sympathetic to the idea that maybe it's disingenuous to call taibbi rightwing and taibbi dialectics should be considered more fully. no frantic slapping of the report button and calls for bans.

i presented this case to the new landscape of the musk thread. being as nice as possible [i.e. boring], citing over a decades long support of sanders, support for specific policies such as medicare for all, essays about tying the censorship directly to the billionaire privatization of the commons and war propaganda. people were deeply upset that someone would dare suggest this.

idk where im going with this but i hope this helps for feedback

What you have to understand is that the Musk thread is a mock thread. It's like those threads about Blizzard or Star Citizen or w/e where people post 100000000 times about how much they hate the thing. People go there to call him Elong Muskrat and wish death upon him. Like here's a couple of recent posts:

quote:

He will only taste ashes for the rest of his pathetic existence.

quote:

I hope it's soon and accompanied by the taste of hot lead before he rids us of his existence

And so on. You made posts which didn't attack Elon Musk, who is the new bogeyman, which means you support him. That's literally all they took from your posts. They don't care about the govt censoring social media. That's not what the thread is about.