Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

my feedback is i don't want cspam to be 'nice' or d&d but for dsa members and it seems like there's a decorum push that's making a desert and calling it peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Phone posted:

go back to d&d

i wouldn't be that cruel, but someone who uses their buttons whenever they are personally uncomfortable and then hides behind 'the people said' is a classic mod failure mode from that place

let them ik the ukraine thread so it doesn't fill with gore, i guess someone has to do it. but basically everwhere else the instincts of someone who really is still a lib (technically and pejoratively!) pressing buttons when their guts churn is just a distraction at best

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

lobotomy molo posted:

the mods are too darn busy to do any of those things they’ve got their hands full permabanning sexpig for no reason :) :)

“there must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect” -some admin

free larry

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Azathoth posted:

I had been reading the thread for a while, and came up with the permas, bans, and probes that were justified based on posting in the C-SPAM thread, and that is it. I didn't read the GBS thread beyond seeing the occasional report, as another admin did the same thing that I did. For the C-SPAM thread, we arrived at what we did based on the posts the posters made in C-SPAM, not because we were saying something like "well if we want to ban <X> from the C-SPAM thread, we need to find someone from the GBS thread to make the numbers even". That would be asinine because we don't moderate C-SPAM based on what GBS does, and GBS doesn't moderate based on what C-SPAM does.

Your whole argument is predicated on the idea that there was a forum war between C-SPAM and GBS, and that if we did something to C-SPAM, we had to do the same to GBS and vice versa and that's just dumb.

my man, there doesn't have to be anyone going 'nyah nyah i'm going to go get those cspamers' in some elaborate plot and nothing mentioned requires one. please be a materialist

imagine a situation with two police districts, and one has 400% more arrests than the other. now if you ask anyone who is working in either of the districts they don't twiddle their mustache (because cop mustache's are too short) and they don't necessarily think they are doing anything differently if you asked them, just making calls based on what they actually see

but the 400% happens for reasons that have largely nothing to do with the individual qualities or virtues of the people making the decisions in the moment. this is how police think they aren't racist even as they arrest way more Black people, because liberalism has done this cool slight of hand where you're supposed to evaluate what you feel or believe instead of what you do

literally no one has to actually think the thought 'i should come down harder on x or balance with y' for that to be the practical result

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

lobotomy molo posted:

tbh it's frustratingly difficult to discuss any such problems like this with the mods. even if multiple posters comment on problem moderation, the mods usually ignore the feedback or say they're on vacation or phoneposting, that's too much work to figure out, they'll check later. if you go the extra mile, gather the numbers, and do all of the legwork, they just ignore it. or say "no, that's not what happened."

idk how to discuss a problem if they won't even admit that a problem exists

you can't, unfortunately

you're asking someone to re-evaluation something they already think they know. and that only happens after overwhelming evidence, typically over a long time. partly because if it wasn't true your mind would be so open the wind would whistle through it and partly because at the physical level that takes significant energy to rewire everything; it literally makes people tired, which is just the feeling you get when you evaluate something as taking too much energy to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN8Z7y_QcwE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mkae spr a mod and confine her to the culture warriors thread

drat