Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

With the appeal of zoomers an ever greater discussion on what will come next for something awful, I think we need to get some resources together for the new generation of posters.

Drivess licenses are a huge part of life, and some zoomers aren't doing it early enough. So here's a few resources, for the top 10 reasons to get a driver's license.

Why Is Your Driver’s License the Most Important Thing in Your Wallet? 10 Compelling Reasons (Source: https://m.driving-tests.org/beginner-drivers/drivers-license-important/)

1. it identifies you as a licensed driver (Source: https://m.driving-tests.org/beginner-drivers/drivers-license-important/)

2. It serves as your official personal I.D. (Source: https://m.driving-tests.org/beginner-drivers/drivers-license-important/)

3. You will have more time to do other things (Source:
https://speedwaymedia.com/2022/01/27/the-main-reasons-why-you-need-to-get-a-drivers-license/)

4. Be able to drive in other countries (Source:https://weareotimo.com/why-now-is-the-time-to-learn-to-drive/)

5. You will be more mindful of your surroundings (Source: https://weareotimo.com/why-now-is-the-time-to-learn-to-drive/)

6. Driving is a life skill (Source: https://weareotimo.com/why-now-is-the-time-to-learn-to-drive/)

7.Drive-Thrus(Source:https://weareotimo.com/why-now-is-the-time-to-learn-to-drive/

Edit : more to come revisions on 8-10 needed

I invite your feedback and suggestions for other top reasons to get a driver's license. Maybe some stories about how driving is fun and cool and good. Or maybe your first experiences in a vehicle

Here's some vehicles.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
If you get a Driver's License then you are on The Grid and are disqualified for running in any elections as a Libertarian OP so there are some positives

:firstpost:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

:secondpost:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
doing burnouts and donuts is fun

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I personally enjoy ripping through mountains and offroading. If I didn't have a DRIVERS LICENSE I would have to bike up the mountains and I would be sad

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Eventually they’ll let you rent a car!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

You can chop up cocaine and make cocaine lines with one.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you will need one to drive the tesla cybertruck, a real vehicle that will definitely be released

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bad Purchase posted:

you will need one to drive the tesla cybertruck, a real vehicle that will definitely be released

Tryna cop a maga truck

Hoping Elon has flag attachments as a a purchase option With MAGA Flags pre loaded on the truck.

Shant speculate

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Reason #8: The previous generations have a death-grip control over society and insist on being isolated from other humans in all situations besides trips to Applebees and are willing to destroy the climate with inefficient rolling death cages to do it and we all just continue to let it happen when the nukes go off i hope they hit southeast michigan first gently caress all of you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Reason 9: Car is a perfect murder weapon, you probably won't even get charged

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I failed my first two driving tests.

The third one, the guy was fat as gently caress and was like "hmm you hungry?" And we went to McDonald's two blocks down
. He signed my poo poo and I got my license.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Driving sucks too many other idiots to worry about now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You can't drunk drive unless you have a license.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

You can't drive to your grandparents house for disgusting eggs without a car

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

olives black posted:

Reason #8: The previous generations have a death-grip control over society and insist on being isolated from other humans in all situations besides trips to Applebees and are willing to destroy the climate with inefficient rolling death cages to do it and we all just continue to let it happen when the nukes go off i hope they hit southeast michigan first gently caress all of you

Me too, we deserve to go to the front of the line

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

neato burrito posted:

You can chop up cocaine and make cocaine lines with one.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Reason 20: I need a ride, help a brother out

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

you can show it off at bars and hopefully people will come home with you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ManBoyChef posted:

gotta roll slow along the block with all the bars are rev your straightpiped 95 civic to redline. instant dick suck.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

the bartender is the only person in the entire bar that might want to see your drivers license

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Car Hater posted:

Me too, we deserve to go to the front of the line

:hai:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
U can bang in the back seat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

You can also bang in the bed of a truck

Bring an inflatable mattress for extra coolness

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

U can bang in the back seat

I don't need your permission Nooner

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

tiktok drivers ed gore film supercut

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

can I have nooner's permisn? this is my ID

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Can't roll coal on a bicycle.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

You can't drive to your grandparents house for disgusting eggs without a car

I don’t need to go to my grandparents house for disgusting eggs

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If you never get a license then you never have to worry about losing it for not following the laws.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

satanic splash-back posted:

If you never get a license then you never have to worry about losing it for not following the laws.

:cb:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

satanic splash-back posted:

Checkmate carthusiasts.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Heh well the joke's on you, officer... hey no what are

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
I failed my first driver’s test because I hit one of the cones backing into the parallel parking test space, which is stupid because everybody in the city parallel parks by smashing into the car behind them and then pulling forward and smashing into the car in front of them. Repeat until close enough to curb.

The second time I took the test, it was 4pm on the Friday before the Labor Day holiday and driving instructor wasn’t paying attention in the slightest. He was singing along to the radio and staring out the window and I passed with flying colors.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Flash
My license for the benefits

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waltzing Along posted:

You can't drunk drive unless you have a license.

That's just a lack of motivation.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I like to drive through DD Checkpoints that are always somewhere around my route home from a facility I visit weekly. Anyway I usually talk poo poo to the cops and refuse to show my ID or answer their questions. Stone cold sober. Illegal stop and seizure is pretty easy to prove when you are completely loving sober and state such repeatedly to them in-between "an I being detained under suspicious of a crime?"

loving dicks.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
the biggest tip i was given when first starting to drive was;

When you go from brake to accelerator or vise versa, it is in 2 movements. First place your foot on the pedal THEN press down. Do not attempt to immediately step down on the pedal while your foot is still moving over it/towards it.

Over time these 2 movements will become so quick it will basically be 1 movement, but again, for a new driver, it should be 1) place foot on pedal 2) press down.

hope this helps.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I like to drive through DD Checkpoints that are always somewhere around my route home from a facility I visit weekly. Anyway I usually talk poo poo to the cops and refuse to show my ID or answer their questions. Stone cold sober. Illegal stop and seizure is pretty easy to prove when you are completely loving sober and state such repeatedly to them in-between "an I being detained under suspicious of a crime?"

loving dicks.

while i agree fundamentally, i also think ive seen this video before on youtube and it ends with the dude getting this poo poo tased out of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

can I have nooner's permisn? this is my ID

ManBoyChef can have a little Nonner. as a treat