Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MoonshineWilly posted:

I failed my first driver’s test because I hit one of the cones backing into the parallel parking test space, which is stupid because everybody in the city parallel parks by smashing into the car behind them and then pulling forward and smashing into the car in front of them. Repeat until close enough to curb.

The second time I took the test, it was 4pm on the Friday before the Labor Day holiday and driving instructor wasn’t paying attention in the slightest. He was singing along to the radio and staring out the window and I passed with flying colors.

Ummm, it’s called a 5mph bumper. :airquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Driving is good: you can go-to the library and have more time to read Das Kapital

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Just imagine all the places you can travel now with your drivers license, safe in your vehicle and confident in your abilities. All the wondrous sights you have heard of, and seen in pictures. Bring whatever you need and have an adventure, an experience. Go away by yourself and take it all in. Bring your best friends and have what is called a road trip. Just imagine it. Imagine affording the fuel, to buy food and rent motel rooms on a whim lmao or even get four days off from work.
Imagine commuting into work for the rest of your life and the time spent in bumper to bumper traffic being the only three hours of your day when you are allowed to cry.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Leper Go-getter posted:

Just imagine all the places you can travel now with your drivers license, safe in your vehicle and confident in your abilities. All the wondrous sights you have heard of, and seen in pictures. Bring whatever you need and have an adventure, an experience. Go away by yourself and take it all in. Bring your best friends and have what is called a road trip. Just imagine it. Imagine affording the fuel, to buy food and rent motel rooms on a whim lmao or even get four days off from work.
Imagine commuting into work for the rest of your life and the time spent in bumper to bumper traffic being the only three hours of your day when you are allowed to cry.

Dark stuff. You can also use your DRIVERS License to drive to far away grasses and forests to touch.

I personally enjoy driving to state parks to look at banana slugs slithering by while my wife sets up the go pro to record them at 4K. Why? Don't know.

Today it was pouring rain and that means the slugs come out in force so tons of slithering occuring while I stand 7 miles down a trail that probably hasn't been walked in a month. Good stuff. Bring water in your CamelBak and carry it in you Car.

At least I can listen to cool music like Ratatatat and U2 while driving

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 12, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
drivers license has ruined my life and sapped my will to live

everything I do is a vain and desperate attempt to escape it's vile curse

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
you need a car license to get a motorcycle license lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I just drove. It was nice. Rainy. The Tesla did not kill me...this time

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

you need a car license to get a motorcycle license lol

Cops in my town aren’t allowed to pull over dirt bikes because a potential chase is too dangerous and too easy to go into pedestrian areas so depending on your jurisdiction there’s no actual punishment for not having one as long as you don’t crash.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A driver's license gives you the freedom to listen to good tunes with a lad or lass or any number of gendered people. You can even use the car as a mobile love shack

Here's a love shack for reference

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I like to drive through DD Checkpoints that are always somewhere around my route home from a facility I visit weekly. Anyway I usually talk poo poo to the cops and refuse to show my ID or answer their questions. Stone cold sober. Illegal stop and seizure is pretty easy to prove when you are completely loving sober and state such repeatedly to them in-between "an I being detained under suspicious of a crime?"

loving dicks.

Thank you for your service o7

Edit: gently caress the police

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I like to drive through DD Checkpoints that are always somewhere around my route home from a facility I visit weekly. Anyway I usually talk poo poo to the cops and refuse to show my ID or answer their questions. Stone cold sober. Illegal stop and seizure is pretty easy to prove when you are completely loving sober and state such repeatedly to them in-between "an I being detained under suspicious of a crime?"

loving dicks.

:hellyeah:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My grandma lived to be like 93 years old, she died about 9 Years ago, and she never drove. All her sisters learned how to drive but she just refused and made people drive her everywhere. My grandma was pretty cool op so I submit this as evidence that you are WRONG

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Get you license as a free prize in your next box of Cherios!

Don't forget to bring it with you in case some other dipshit rear-ends you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

goddamn fuel gauge backlight bulb burned out in my truck

this is gonna be such a pain in the rear end I'm just gonna replace all the gauge cluster backlights with LEDs and be done with it forever

this is what getting a drivers license and driving a 23 year old truck gets you op

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dixville posted:

My grandma lived to be like 93 years old, she died about 9 Years ago, and she never drove. All her sisters learned how to drive but she just refused and made people drive her everywhere. My grandma was pretty cool op so I submit this as evidence that you are WRONG

My grandmother doesn't drive either. She regrets never Learning.

So that means You are WRONG SIR

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My dad was a drive tester for like a 6 months this year. He showed me a picture of a car up on a snow bank, with a stop sign knocked down under it, and he wouldn't let me have the pictures so I could show my friends and that's not cool.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Post your drivers license itt

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I got my drivers license in the 90s in a small town. I just had to drive down a straight road, turn around and come back. Parallel parking is a foreign concept to me and I'm almost 40. Pay 2 park 4 lyfe

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

-hard launches

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i had a learners permit for almost 8 years because they put a stay on the requirement for tests to be completed during covid for years, and right as the lockdowns hit i was nearing the 5 year mark when it would have expired. the backlog for tests was immense too so i didn't even bother until this year lol. i've held a national rally competition license for about 5 years now and have competed in over a dozen events, i got that before i even had my full license lol.

i failed my first attempt at it too because someone cut me off less than a minute after i began the test at a merge lane and forced me to swerve into the oncoming lane briefly to avoid rear ending him. i was in my old rx-7 that doesn't have abs or stability assist too lol so i locked up the brakes briefly before lifting off and avoiding the crash. my tester admitted that i saved us from the accident caused by a reckless driver but had to fail me because i broke the law. my second attempt i did at a testing office out in the country in my 4runner instead and passed effortlessly lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
anyway cars are sick as hell and i love to do burnouts and slide around in the snow obviouslyu but it sucks that they're mandatory if you want to live an ordinary life where i live. overall i rate having a drivers licnese as Extremely Fail

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
You can reinact the best Soul Coughing lyric:

Brooklyn like a sea in the asphalt stalks
Push out dead air from a parking garage
Where you stand with the keys and your cool half silence
Where you grip her love like a driver's license

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i let me license expire for a lot of years cause i got some pretty sweet tickets in my old vw shitrocco and just let them hit my credit and disappear after 7 years OWNED ICBC :owned:

when i went to get my license back the examiner just chilled out after he saw i was just doing a super chill drive and knew what i was doing and we had a good little conversation and he didnt write anything except "PASS" lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

numberoneposter posted:

i let me license expire for a lot of years cause i got some pretty sweet tickets in my old vw shitrocco and just let them hit my credit and disappear after 7 years OWNED ICBC :owned:

when i went to get my license back the examiner just chilled out after he saw i was just doing a super chill drive and knew what i was doing and we had a good little conversation and he didnt write anything except "PASS" lol

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

numberoneposter posted:

old vw shitrocco

hey check this out

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hey check this out

hell yeah, i had a red mkII 16v, aka the death wedge

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
my parents just assumed that I was too much of a fuckup at 17 to pass a license test without taking it 3 times, so when their fuckup 17 year old came home and said "hey, I passed, I can drive now, i have a license!" they were shocked and the look on their face made all the parallel parking practice I did in a standard with a sketchy clutch worth it.

Also, if you learn how to drive in a standard where only 3 out of 5 gears are super reliable, it may come in handy later in life. Literally started our Forester last winter with the clutch pop trick in our steep driveway after EITHER MY PARTNER OR I* left the keys in the ignition overnight.

* in that case it was her, but then I did the same thing 3 months later in colder weather and killed the battery to the point that clutch-pop didn't even make the dash light up briefly.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Man my dad could drive a car

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pimpcasso posted:

I got my drivers license in the 90s in a small town. I just had to drive down a straight road, turn around and come back. Parallel parking is a foreign concept to me and I'm almost 40. Pay 2 park 4 lyfe

I wonder what determines the driving test components. I also only had to drive around a few blocks. I remember being really nervous about it. We went over train tracks and I guess I didn't completely turn my head to look both ways so I got dinged for that but they passed me.

As an adult I've had to get a new license in a different state and they made me take the multiple choice test but I didn't have to drive for anybody. Was glad because I also shamefully don't really know how to parallel park. Like I can do it but if it's between 2 cars I get paranoid I will hit the front car on the way into the space. Need a car that has the sensors for that. Or the one that straight up parks for you that would be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I can't say I have trouble parallel parking. My trick is to turn the car enough to make the car behind the spot your trying to get into disappear. Then guide it in and turn the right wheels as your finishing up.

Of course don't do this because you'll prolly hit the car behind you because you suck at parallel parking lol