Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape so if you have 1 astro ape and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new apes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
you can charge crystals by jacking off

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

other people posted:

ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape so if you have 1 astro ape and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new apes

It sounds too good to be true!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We've more or less settled for ~2.6°C of warming by 2100. Nobody knows for sure how bad it's gonna get, but it's gonna be pretty horrifying at the least and we are rolling with this choice no matter what now.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Pinche Rudo posted:

Not only was Trump elected President, he was like three or four moves from becoming dictator for life

he might get a little too much credit for this imo, since nobody in his corner at that point was remotely smart enough to pull it off

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The Internet is fast and reliable but there's only really three websites to go to anymore owned by a couple megacorps.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The only growing job sector is being a courier, just like in Futurama, a pretty good show that hasn't come out yet!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I come in the portal next and tell them "by the way the revival of futurama? Blech"

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'd give myself a sports almanac that I made myself with every result dead wrong, just that I could lose all my money and find out what loving assholes future people are

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

emSparkly posted:

You have the technology to peer into the lives of people in other countries and see how much better they have it. You come to realize you're living in one of the worst and most dangerous first world countries and that you could have had it so much better. It's like living in Dante's Limbo where you aren't really in Hell, but your punishment is having to look into heaven and realizing you'll never get there.

this is it right here, close the thread

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
detroit is a real city now

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Icochet posted:

I'd give myself a sports almanac that I made myself with every result dead wrong, just that I could lose all my money and find out what loving assholes future people are

Professional print on demand services are cheap in the future! Sucker!

naem
May 29, 2011

kntfkr posted:

I'd say it's the pigs with tanks and the people who like the pigs having tanks and the loving tech billionaires giving the proletariat slave jobs through their phones and the daily mass shootings and the people who refuse to give up their right to experience daily mass shootings cuz some twat said something about liberty and safety once. Or how the government is openly paid by corporations to keep things totally locked in place, ensuring that things only get worse forever and also how when you look at the American flag you get the same guttural revulsion to a symbol of evil like with the swastika. Except that there are probably one million times more American flags being displayed right now than whatever peak world swastika flag quantity was/is. And Disney. And the loving ads. And parking. And shopping. And eating. And working. Somewhere, somehow, they're different now, none of 'em are the same, they all got chewed up and spit back out, and they don't taste like living anymore! Don't you see what it's like in this deranged Whirring Blender of a world?! Every day is an agonizing ordeal, like balancing a pot of scalding water on your head while people whip your legs and butt … Aaaah, you never forget your senior prom … YOU think I'm "sick"?! Well the only disease I've got is "Modern Life," a schnutbusting gauntlet of inefficiency and misery that's one long parade of let-downs, put-downs, trickle downs, shutouts, freeze outs, sell-outs, numnuts, nincompoops and nimrods, all making every day as much fun as waxing a flaming Pontiac with your tongue, where even if you do luck into the possibility of some fleeting pleasure, like, say, if some nymphomaniac telephone operator with the muscle control of Romanian mat-slappers agree to a little strip air hockey, it'll be over before it starts 'cuz some vowel-lacking, feta-reeking cab-jockey slams his checker up your hatchback and the cab is owned by some pinata spanker from a Santeria cult in Xoacalpa who starts shaking chicken bones at you and gives you a boil on your neck so big all it needs is Michael Jordan's autograph to make it complete, and even with all this, with ALL THIS, I still drag my sorry butt off the Sealy every morning and stick my face in the reaping machine for one more day, knowing when it's time to flash the cosmic card key at those Pearly Gates, I won't be in the coffin anyway 'cuz some underhanded undertaker sold my heart, pancreas and other assorted Good 'N' Plenty to that same Santeria cult so does anybody really wonder why anybody is hanging onto sanity by the atoms on the tips of their fingernails while life dirty-dances on their digits, and is it really any wonder that I seem DERANGED???!!

sounds like SOMEone’s had TEE many marTWOnis haha

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The PS5 has no games.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i am making poopoo

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Das Boo posted:

We found out all our politicians, CEOs, and celebrities have been visiting a billionaire paedophile island multiple times for dozens of years and we all just kinda accepted it and moved on after two people were charged. One died under bizarre circumstance in custody, but what 'cha gonna do?

Also the prison, the government, and every major media outlet all agreed that he committed suicide in a cell specifically designed to prevent that by breaking his own neck with paper bedsheets and it was just a mere coincidence that the cameras stopped functioning and the guards wandered off at the exact time he died.

Saying that this doesn't add up gets you labeled as a conspiracy theorist.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

The fact that we have stupid conversation about rights vs morality, all while not being to admit a simple truth: we like guns more than we care about the lives of our children. Cool society you got there.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Biohazard posted:

The fact that we have stupid conversation about rights vs morality, all while not being to admit a simple truth: we like guns more than we care about the lives of our children. Cool society you got there.

Imagine trying to describe Uvalde to someone in the 90s.

Hell, if it was pre-Colombine you'd have to first describe school shooters and then describe why 400 cops didn't do anything about it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
honestly "the influenza epidemic of 1918 happened again and our political system is so hopelessly corrupt that we did half-assed lockdowns for a few weeks and then just gave up, resulting in millions of unnecessary deaths" is probably the big one.

lots of people are citing things that are absolutely hosed up but they're hosed up in ways that were already brewing in the 90s. like oh boy donald trump, big surprise to people who just lived through loving Reagan lol. the Iraq war would be a rerun, "we fixed the ozone layer but are completely loving the climate in other ways" is kind of ironic but hardly surprising, conservatives being psychopaths about gay marriage or abortion had already been the norm since you stopped being able to get elected by screaming about miscegenation. all the morally worst things america does are foreign policy-related, but they're also the same poo poo we've been doing since 1900, nevermind 1990

but in 1990 we hadn't even had Hurricane Katrina yet and i think the assumption was that the U.S. was at least broadly capable of responding intelligently to humanitarian disasters within its own borders. the breakdown of civil administration and infrastructure is what distinguishes our current lovely moment in history from the marginally-less-lovely era of 30 years ago

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 12, 2022

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Elon Musk. A guy who got rich off of literal blood money and convinced people he was smart because he could buy successful things. He proceeded to buy Twitter and is emanating a constant wave of divorced dad/loser middle-aged white guy energy at levels never seen before. He's effectively having a very public midlife crisis and decided we all need to be along for the ride, instead of just buying a fancy car and maybe hair plugs.

He would have been the villain in Robocop 4 and people would have said he was too unbelievable as a real character.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The combined forces of every US military branch lost a war to the Taliban. Who? Those religious nuts Reagan propped up against the Soviets in the 80's.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
everything

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Still no flying cars and the “hoverboards” got friggin wheels on em

naem
May 29, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

honestly "the influenza epidemic of 1918 happened again and our political system is so hopelessly corrupt that we did half-assed lockdowns for a few weeks and then just gave up, resulting in millions of unnecessary deaths" is probably the big one.

lots of people are citing things that are absolutely hosed up but they're hosed up in ways that were already brewing in the 90s. like oh boy donald trump, big surprise to people who just lived through loving Reagan lol. the Iraq war would be a rerun, "we fixed the ozone layer but are completely loving the climate in other ways" is kind of ironic but hardly surprising, conservatives being psychopaths about gay marriage or abortion had already been the norm since you stopped being able to get elected by screaming about miscegenation. all the morally worst things america does are foreign policy-related, but they're also the same poo poo we've been doing since 1900, nevermind 1990

but in 1990 we hadn't even had Hurricane Katrina yet and i think the assumption was that the U.S. was at least broadly capable of responding intelligently to humanitarian disasters within its own borders. the breakdown of civil administration and infrastructure is what distinguishes our current lovely moment in history from the marginally-less-lovely era of 30 years ago

talking about the 1918 influenza epidemic, imagine living through ww1 and then that, then the great depression, and ww2. decades of your life just in disaster mode

only no imagination needed, that’s pretty much what’s happening, plus the earth is about to melt to death

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The police and justice system

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
what we called "reality Tv" like 15 years morphed into social medial morphed into everyone and their dog having a podcast/tiktok/photographer/"brand" component to their existence

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

what we called "reality Tv" like 15 years morphed into social medial morphed into everyone and their dog having a podcast/tiktok/photographer/"brand" component to their existence

"The Simple Life," becomes the entire internet eventually,

that's the language you have to use

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Everything and everyone’s real fuckin stupid now op

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

is pepsi ok posted:

Also the prison, the government, and every major media outlet all agreed that he committed suicide in a cell specifically designed to prevent that by breaking his own neck with paper bedsheets and it was just a mere coincidence that the cameras stopped functioning and the guards wandered off at the exact time he died.

Saying that this doesn't add up gets you labeled as a conspiracy theorist.

Well, come on! It's not like any of those institutions had any direct involvement with the goddamn billionaire pedophile island that loving actually exists whyisthisarealfuckingthingWHATTHEFUCK!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Everything and everyone’s real fuckin stupid now op

monitor

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Fast food's gonna cost about the same as eating at a casual restaurant. Eating at a casual restaurant is gonna cost the about the same as eating at a fine dining establishment.

Protip: Learn to cook.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Invest it all in Twitter.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
its this:

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We all carry around devices with microphones, multiple cameras, and a gps unit that we know are used to track and monitor us.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Weed becoming legal somehow makes it more annoying to buy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comatoast posted:

We all carry around devices with microphones, multiple cameras, and a gps unit that we know are used to track and monitor us.

We don't get vaccines because we're worried about being tracked and monitored

naem
May 29, 2011

Comatoast posted:

press buttan make happy feeling

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Weed becoming legal somehow makes it more annoying to buy

ha yeah, at least the weed guy didnt require you to show ID

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

That’s not just the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Comatoast posted:

whistleblowers risked their careers and lives to confirm the existence of domestic surveillance and the response from the general public was "well i gotta go to work and them im getting drunk and playing video games"