Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

ha yeah, at least the weed guy didnt require you to show ID

I would much rather meet a guy at the 7-11 parking lot in 10 minutes*

*Actually it's 3 hours and the gas station now, my girl needs diapers, and I have 6 other people to meet first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Yeah IDK what you guys are talking about. Legal weed is way less annoying and if you think otherwise your rose-colored glasses are welded to your face.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't think I ever got Id checked at a weed shoppe

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Don't think I ever got Id checked at a weed shoppe
I don't know what state you're in but this is literally impossible in mine. Sometimes three times in one visit (outside, inside at the door, at POS).

Still, who cares, people who complain about ID checks have serious first world problems. Probably the same people who complain about self checkouts.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

But the weed store doesn't make you watch an hour of joe rogan and listen to them explain how the world is flat

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TK8325 posted:

But the weed store doesn't make you watch an hour of joe rogan and listen to them explain how the world is flat

This, except its Jeff Rense instead of Rogan. Also, its 3 hours, because I'm bad at saying no.

Legal weed is great. There are two shops within five minutes of my house.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Jelly posted:

I don't know what state you're in but this is literally impossible in mine. Sometimes three times in one visit (outside, inside at the door, at POS).

Still, who cares, people who complain about ID checks have serious first world problems. Probably the same people who complain about self checkouts.

I'm from the northern provinces of the US lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol I can walk down the street from my house and be in and out in 5 minutes with an quarter ounce and a vape cart, idk how that's more annoying than being subject to the whims of a weed dealer

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i guess people got a lot more fiber in their diet in the 80s

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MrQwerty posted:

lol I can walk down the street from my house and be in and out in 5 minutes with an quarter ounce and a vape cart, idk how that's more annoying than being subject to the whims of a weed dealer

yeah weed is still illegal here and dealing with dealers still is a major loving pain in the bumhole. i wish i could just go to ye olde weed shoppe.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

phobo posted:

I would much rather meet a guy at the 7-11 parking lot in 10 minutes*

*Actually it's 3 hours and the gas station now, my girl needs diapers, and I have 6 other people to meet first.

idk why you put up with, that guy would never get my business again. Maybe you're buying from a high schooler or something but there's plenty of "dealers" that act professionally.

Time is money :eng101:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jelly posted:

Yeah IDK what you guys are talking about. Legal weed is way less annoying and if you think otherwise your rose-colored glasses are welded to your face.

I was making a joke about how annoying the employees at weed stores are

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

In my experience, the 3 minutes it takes to get a quarter ounce, the people working at the dispensary would prefer if you just got what you wanted and left, like basically any other retail job.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

precision posted:

I was making a joke about how annoying the employees at weed stores are

All of my legal weed transactions in both Colorado and New Mexico have effectively been identical to buying a pack of smokes at a gas station :shrug:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
1990?

The Supreme Court decided the 2000 election, and then one of the people who helped with the case went on to be a Supreme Court Justice despite being an all edged serial abuser. A handmaids take character is also a Justice, and another’s wife tried to help fund an insurrection because Donald Trump lost re-election after getting impeached twice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Toxic Mental posted:

In my experience, the 3 minutes it takes to get a quarter ounce, the people working at the dispensary would prefer if you just got what you wanted and left, like basically any other retail job.

This definitely varies a lot by area

In California it's usually like that, either neutral or good

But like, in Illinois, it's absolutely abysmal. As most things in Illinois are

Colorado is exactly halfway between the two

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pillowpants posted:

1990?

The Supreme Court decided the 2000 election, and then one of the people who helped with the case went on to be a Supreme Court Justice despite being an all edged serial abuser. A handmaids take character is also a Justice, and another’s wife tried to help fund an insurrection because Donald Trump lost re-election after getting impeached twice.

Who was the first one? I get kav and thomas

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who was the first one? I get kav and thomas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/amy-coney-barrett-people-of-praise/2020/10/06/5f497d8c-0781-11eb-859b-f9c27abe638d_story.html

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Lol, you want it alphabetically?

J/k, No need, we’re all doomed.

It’s precious that you’re still wanting to save the rainforest, though.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

yeah weed is still illegal here and dealing with dealers still is a major loving pain in the bumhole. i wish i could just go to ye olde weed shoppe.

Me same.

I feel like what awful thing I tell someone about the future depends on the person. If I'm talking to 5 year old me it'll be like "They made Polly Pockets big because dumb kids kept eating them"

If I were talking to my dad I'd be like "You're dead but Henry Kissinger is still alive."

I feel like if I were talking to someone I didn't know it'd be the trump thing.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The most dystopian thing is that right-wing propaganda has been normalized to the extent that out-and-out information warfare is being allowed to be conducted on the population at large. All the Murdoch properties, Sinclair Broadcasting, Newsmax, AM radio, and all the right-wing Internet channels - these are not news sources, they are active brainwashing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The most dystopian thing is that right-wing propaganda has been normalized to the extent that out-and-out information warfare is being allowed to be conducted on the population at large. All the Murdoch properties, Sinclair Broadcasting, Newsmax, AM radio, and all the right-wing Internet channels - these are not news sources, they are active brainwashing.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

the gbs covid thread is proof positive of this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
InfoWars became mainstream conservative thought.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

FM radio is not much better I've found. Could just be because i live in the south though

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Milo and POTUS posted:

FM radio is not much better I've found. Could just be because i live in the south though

FM is all owned by big corpos, so it sucks everywhere. Yes, even NPR - if you don't think so, pay close attention next time they announce who their sponsors are.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

No matter what state you're in you're always going to find weird right-wing poo poo driving across the country on the FM bands.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

No matter what state you're in you're always going to find weird right-wing poo poo driving across the country on the FM bands.

they started with the AM brands, but now they are backed by billionaires, so they control the airwaves. Just like the Outer Limits

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The early 90s had Rush Limbaugh on network Fox and in 2022 he's dead. I'd say that's progress.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Nap Ghost

Schweinhund posted:

The early 90s had Rush Limbaugh on network Fox and in 2022 he's dead. I'd say that's progress.

truth

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I would just start reciting the opening to Southland Tales (2006)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Nap Ghost

did you stop there?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I ain't break no law while I'm working

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

A Fancy Hat posted:

a constant wave of divorced dad/loser middle-aged white guy energy at levels never seen before.

had to stop here and reassess if this was a trump style parody rant

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Social media in general is destroying our society but at least the video games are fun so that has to count for something right?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
We have no health care, no reasonable access to higher education, no affordable housing (and other necessary items are going to meet homes there shortly).

Half this country is convinced the above is due to poor people who risk certain death to come to work under the table for almost nothing. They know if they just vote for the open fascist that they will eventually go from making $30000 yearly to millions, even billions.

The other half of this country will look at the above and, while expressing a level of concern, will say that now is not the time to get bogged down focusing on a complete and total lack of tangible basic quality of life, because tHiS iS tHe MoSt ImPoRtAnT eLeCtIoN oF oUr LiFeTiMe due to the threat to (social issue X that does not cost the singular donor base shared by both parties a dime to take a Correct Opinion on).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/dailysimpsons/status/1245108469612417024