Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Howard Nurse (original tier 1 Man Utd reporter) said like 2-3 weeks ago Man Utd weren't signing him. Romano said yesterday Man Utd were signing him.

TLDR: Another instance of Romano being a joke.

Yeah, everything I've seen is that United weren't willing to table an offer, rather than the player choosing Liverpool (which he might have done anyway, in fairness). There'd be no reason for PSV not to try and push a bidding war if not.

Some scuttlebutt that ETH wanted him but the scouts and the directors weren't willing to put down that much money when they hadn't budgeted for it, which is making me do the Marge Simpson noise, but there's a fine fine line between being an ITK and being a peddler of unsourced Twitter bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

I don't think I will personalise my shirt with butland #31

I'm getting buttlinho #69

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Unai Emery assembling a squad simultaneously worth one billion and also zero dollars

just ringing round all the Burger Kings in Madrid asking if he can speak to Eden

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

a loan from January until May

I suppose they have £10m or so in the bank from loaning their £100m striker back to the club they bought him from

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

new strategy: clown on the whole league with a championship striker

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bea Nanner posted:

getting rave reviews about about Sarkon Yaroondyk

he's gonna cost an arm and a rib, though

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Dudley posted:

What exactly about the "Chelsea project" is going to appeal over the next 4 months?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

can someone who knows something about the football please explain why this lad who has had *checks notes* 49 appearances and 9 goals in the ukrainian league is now worth three drogbas and a ballon d'or clause

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

TheRat posted:

At least Marina Granovskaia appeared to have some sort of a plan with the spending

I'm squinting and remembering Mateja Kezman and Damien Duff

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

harperdc posted:

And the discussion around Mudryk is Shaktar pegged his value to the Antony transfer, so, thanks for that, United.

Antony at the point United signed him had 25 goals in 82 games in a significantly stronger league (and one which wasn't actively continuing to play in a warzone for financial reasons), and was starting for Brazil. And even then he was sold at a premium because United had already been in for Ten Hag + Martinez and Ajax had barely any time to get replacements.

I'm not saying they can't price him the same, but if you get visited by the ghost of Andriy Voronin, it's your own fault.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

we would have bought the ajax trophy cabinet if they'd let us

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Apparently Man U have signed Wout Weghorst on loan

I've been substituting his name into the "I Believe In Joe Hendry" song for approximately one calendar week

I feel like seeing him play at this point would only lead to disappointment

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Have Liverpool signed any midfielders yet?

James Milner is going to come out to play 180 minutes against Real Madrid looking like a Yorkshire Ric Flair in the heart of midfield

everything is fine, nothing to see here

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

to be fair, they got 100+ games out of Rudiger and Jorginho and moved them on when they were old

the rest is the perils of signing Bundesliga players and man who shoots the ball into he own face

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Rudiger is 29 and currently starting for Real Madrid

exactly

David Bentley was retired by then

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Slotducks posted:

dunno how id feel heading into a cup final seeing rumors of my impending replacement but im not a professional footballer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'm loving the idea of harry maguire, an £80m player who has been most recently sat on the bench in favour of playing a left-back out of position, showing up to the cup final with a face on because he's read in the paper that ten hag doesn't rate him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

also apparently we're in for Rasmus Hojlund as an actual striker, and I'm doing the bacon dance to summon a dane to tell me if I should care about that