Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Gigabyte's whole schedule is pretty tough, Bloodsport

A clip of this fight was shown in a trailer. The two bots must be spinning on the same axis, so when they hit each other...well it looks like it might be the most violent hit possibly ever since both bots fly out of frame nearly instantly.

Edit: ah it's here at 56 seconds:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Finger tech kits, vector kits, D2 kits, the list goes on. It quite easy to get into the sport at this weight class.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Let's do this thing, what you guys got?

I'm hesitant on Minotaur over Sawblaze if it happens, but I think it's Minotaur's season overall.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

PostNouveau posted:

Malice-Minotaur: Good showing from Malice. The big weapon did some damage but perhaps they don't use the big one all the time because it's less sturdy.

I talked to David L and Bunny about this at Robogames. The answer is that big red is stupidly expensive to machine and repair. The bar with bolt on teeth is easily repairable and they can sell the broken teeth on ebay or whatever. "This one (big red) costs me money, this one (the bar) makes me money" was David's exact quote. They'd prefer to use big red all the time since it hits harder, but save it for the really important fights.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
What's the stats on the lifting arm? Brushless servo for fine control? Or just a gearbox that you stop before it locks up? Electrical end stops maybe...