Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh right, no Tombstone this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Captain Shrederator seems like they really need to reconsider what they're doing at this point, outside a few good wins they're kind of just easy pickings at this point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Minotaur should've won last year

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Clearly what we need are full vertical spinners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjEhA-L1Sf0&t=28s

Or some sort of hosed up sphere that probably will self-destruct on impact

If it'd count as moving under its own power somehow though it could be a 500 pound nightmare ball. That'd be fun :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Emulsifier/Fusion fight I think probably should've been called as a draw, they both got beat to hell and were mostly crippled by the end. Super good fight though

Poor Mammoth lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 12, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There's no draws in battlebots.

I know, but I think there probably ought to be

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Still can't believe the unstick procedure is a dude with a crowbar

I love it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Terrain is the best option imo but it may require a larger box so it's not just one thing or another

Ramp a hill and crash on top of Hydra

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wide six

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol bad luck for Emulsifier

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sirotan posted:

That parody of the ASPCA commercial but for minibots had me absolutely dying at the beginning of tonight's episode.

It was 100% spot on lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was thinking, they should have an additional "budget" tier level of bot to accommodate the Rustys of the world

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lockjaw needs to reconsider its design at this point too I think

A lot of the older teams seem to need to

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Godspeed, Doomba

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think every main event this season has had some manufactured drama between the 2 teams so a lot of this week was most certainly Discovery putting their spin on things.

But also Ethan of Rip Tide probably is an rear end in a top hat and Martin Mason did look legitimately upset in the post fight interview.

Can't really hate on team Riptide or Ethan because his dad might be a piece of poo poo.

I'd make that face too if someone put their hand to my mouth post-covid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah, ripperoni

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol Endgame, too low from the sun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao the editing with the pre-fight interview with Jake feels like a shitpost

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

*Spidermanly*

it's pizza time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sweet geek swag posted:

Team Whyachi is one of the most important teams in the sport because their machine shop makes parts that all the other bots use. Despite the producers attempts to play off Jake Ewert as a villain, he really isn't.

His fiendish plot next season: not doing that anymore :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah this seems like a really crappy way to do or present that appeals process, but Malice definitely won that one.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 2, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There was a few seconds of Lisa pointed out in the video that Malice's weapon was running at the end of the match so I think it's both that they present their argument and what to look for (or not), then the judges take a look anyway. Valkyrie's captain seemed shell shocked though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of strategy lol Skorpios

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Scrotum Modem posted:

Reminds me of whatever previous season it was where I believe hypershock had a fuckin rake attached to it and used it to take out a flying bot

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNk5-3fGNqI

I always lol at "It actually worked"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The pizza intro was cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7gGacb8cO4

I'm all in on Ripperoni

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 3, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stuffguyman posted:

Easy, transform into a Gundam, disappear in an instant, then reappear behind Sawblaze, sheathing their blade, then reveal the battlebox splitting in half then exploding.

Oh wait, did you say realistically? Huh.. yeah, not sure.

00 Gundam sucked real bad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah I don't really have a big issue with Jake Ewert other than he should probably have shut up about losing a little sooner; even with the cowcatcher thing it seemed a lot more like a referee failure than him flaunting anything, in retrospect

Tombstone's just funny because Ray Billings seems like really obviously a nice guy having a good time

Mason's guest commenting next episode and I don't know if it'd be funner if he keeps up his shtick during the whole thing or drops it entirely just for that. The guest commentating has been fun though they should keep it up, even if mostly they're just awkward.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He recreates Shredderator's inevitable defeat then gets dizzy and falls on one of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah with that one tbh if it were me I wouldn't have stopped either. It's still moving and they didn't start a countdown, and it was really only a matter of seconds.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PostNouveau posted:

There is some chatter online about something I didn't notice during the episode that Capt. Shred team essentially tapped out and was asking Riptide team to stop hitting them. No tapping out in Battlebots and all, but if that's true it's some real bad sportsmanship.

I saw that but we know that they tend to splice stuff like that oddly so I wonder. The ref said they gave a warning though, so maybe it's worse than it looked to me.

Unrelatedly Mammoth is neat, but man they need to reconsider what they're doing. It can't seem to do anything without lifting itself. Mason's a good commentator for this! He knows when to drop it lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 9, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They've been posting some bonus fights on Youtube again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OormBeHfOhs

Monsoon gets dunked

e: I'm tired and this aired anyway lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 24, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol Switchback and Triton

Whatever works though!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PostNouveau posted:

Chomp 3.0 will destroy the Battlebox, the arena, and most of Las Vegas in the first-ever out-of-control AI rampage.

Our only hope is to get the potato gun bot to aim at Chomp 3.0's radome

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Poor Shreddit Bro, that team just can't catch a break

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There should be more jokebots tbh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was wondering why you don't see more treads in Battlebots

That's why :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

To Starchild's credit, it's a pretty cool looking robot

Ominous needs reach and some ability to push forward at all, most of the fight it just sort of sat that and hovered in front of Shatter

Riptide: he can't keep getting away with it

Also again what on earth are the editors doing with the pre-fight stuff lol, that cut to Florian lmao. They need a new lighting solution too :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 20, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lucky/Cobalt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKNZK_GMoY

Brackets look brutal but mostly I want to see Riptide eat poo poo this year

Pretty good season so far though! Really feels like they dial things in more every year.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sure let's go for it

Round 1 - Switchback/Malice will probably come down to which bot's weapon takes a poo poo first, and Malice's does that a lot. Beta I think could probably tank Whiplash? It hasn't been super great this season either. Realistically Black Dragon will win but I'm cheering on the pizza delivery team. :v: Right side I think is actually probably pretty straight forward, though Bloodsport may win out here.

So on through the rest on the left, I expect Minotaur will sweep, I'm going to cheer on the pizza team anyway, but on the right I think End Game will finally put Riptide in their place this season. Hypershock is well and good but I think they're going to get crunched. I think probably it'll be Huge v Mad Catter and it's a toss-up here.

Really though what'll probably happen is Minotaur vs. End Game and though I'd like the Brazilians to win it's probably still End Game's game to lose, but I'm going to go cheer on Ripperoni either way

If Minotaur vs Sawblaze happens I think it comes down entirely to who flanks who first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think this was luck.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7169577252135423259

Minotaur gets some shots in, but it has to have that weapon up to speed and pointed right at Sawblaze the entire fight to survive. Once Sawblaze scoops it, it's over.

Totally forgot about this lol

Sawblaze vs Ripperoni then :haw: