Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

welcome posted:

Tunic's really good. Everything takes a billion hours these days but Scorn, Citizen Sleeper, Soma are all supposed to be shorter.

Citizen Sleeper is cool if you like reading games. Genuinely good writing for the most part imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ninja Gaiden is good but I can't speak to the sigma versions. Panzer Dragoon Orta isn't on gamepass but I think you should play Panzer Dragoon Orta.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

welcome posted:

Tunic's really good. Everything takes a billion hours these days but Scorn, Citizen Sleeper, Soma are all supposed to be shorter.

love a short game tbh, i usually start to burn out on single player games around the 15 hour mark lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tinykin ftmfw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Ninja Gaiden is good but I can't speak to the sigma versions. Panzer Dragoon Orta isn't on gamepass but I think you should play Panzer Dragoon Orta.

pd orta was great on the original xbox and looks genuinely great on the series x.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man i miss the panzer dragoons

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

thanks everyone, will investigate Tunic. I remember getting Orta as a kid but remember it being tough as nails. Maybe I’m better?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I beat Orta a few months ago... on easy. The hardest part was getting disoriented, and losing track of which dragon I had active. Need to put more time in to get good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

still nuts that saga hasnt gotten a remake

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

more reason for every imp to buy Orta, fat stacks from dozens of sales will move the needle on a Saga remake

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Orta looks so good upscaled on the one x, it’s wild they made it run on the og xbox as well as it did. For a rail shooter it has a lot of extra content and is super replayable.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

trying to jack off posted:

love a short game tbh, i usually start to burn out on single player games around the 15 hour mark lol

Same, if it's a good roguelike/RPG I'll forgive it but freaking everybody wants you to play their new game forever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Honestly a nice compact short game is always refreshing but if a long game is burning you out and you're not interested any more it's probably just not a very good game. People put thousands of hours into online shooters or fighting games or whatever, if a single player game is boring by the 40 hour mark or whatever chances are it's because it kind of sucks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly a nice compact short game is always refreshing but if a long game is burning you out and you're not interested any more it's probably just not a very good game. People put thousands of hours into online shooters or fighting games or whatever, if a single player game is boring by the 40 hour mark or whatever chances are it's because it kind of sucks

ive stopped at the same point twice now in dq5, i just burn out on my single player games regardless of quality. i just tend to prefer multiplayer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same here for the past 15 years.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So I'm def getting Infra but what else should I get on the Steam sale for under $10. In the genres of JRPG or Metroidvania or like a chill puzzle game or something. Or whatever.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

So I'm def getting Infra but what else should I get on the Steam sale for under $10. In the genres of JRPG or Metroidvania or like a chill puzzle game or something. Or whatever.

pentiments chill if you havent played it. trails in the sky on sale? or the hexcells games are like a buck and they all kick rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hypnospace Outlaw is cool. MOON is a great JRPG which is slightly over $10 but it's exactly £10 so it counts to me.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Grandia hd is 10 bucks if you’ve never played it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

pentiments chill if you havent played it. trails in the sky on sale? or the hexcells games are like a buck and they all kick rear end

I've played all the Hexcells and I have Pentiment from Gamepass. And I have the first TitS which I need to go back to sometime

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tinykin. I’ll spot you the $3.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

this is a good pick. grandia 2 is cool too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

didnt know you and larry were related

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

This looks pretty chill actually

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

didnt know you and larry were related

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Pablo Nergigante posted:

not any of the genres you mentioned but i have to mention hellsinker or i look like a fake fan.

for some puzzle games that are cheap, theres spacechem and kubinashi recollection, though both are pretty challenging

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
TitTok, TitTok 2, PUSSY 3 and Hentai Pussy 2 are all for sale cheep apparently.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol @ apparently

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

West of Loathing or Crystal Project are both great traditional JRPG style games. The Supraland games are First person Metroidvanias and some of my favorite games in recent memory. The Master Blaster Zero games are all really solid and usually on sale for super cheap.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

save yr pennies from multiple smaller purchases and buy Astlibra for $20. Or at least try the demo.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 12, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Astlibra is on my wishlist. Also I should probably check out crystal project since I’ve got the job system itch from playing bravely default.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ended up getting Infra, Astlibra and Crystal Project... good gaming ahead

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

good choices :hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lemme know if crystal projects any good, that and chained echoes have been on my watchluist

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

yes more people need to play Astlibra

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lemme know if crystal projects any good, that and chained echoes have been on my watchluist

First impressions are that it’s really cool, great soundtrack, battle system has the FFX-style turn order display which I always like. It really seems to encourage exploration, I spent at least a half hour in the opening area just jumping around seeing where I could get to and found a bunch of hidden chests. I burn out easily with open-ended games but it doesn’t seem as complex as like a SaGa game or anything like that. Looking forward to digging into it more

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my morning jackass posted:

man thats a throwback. one of my favorite dc games. 2nd only to Skies of arcadia for my favorite rpg on the console.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

skies of arcadia rules :hai: sucks that the GameCube version had lower quality music cause the rest of the game was just better than the DC release

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like everything just Ran Better on the dreamcast. if there was a DC port of a game it was almost always the ideal version. dreamcast ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I remember liking the DC one back in the day, should try the GC port some day…