Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Cake is pie adjacent right?

Made an almond yellow cake with a blueberry filling (cooked and strained the bloobs) and a lemon butter frosting (think buttercream, but no vanilla or cream and just substitute lemon juice and zest for the cream). poo poo is phenomenal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Thanks!

Even better today than it was yesterday. The flavors have developed a bit more and the blueberry feels more present. The lemon juice in the frosting isn't as intense and the oils from the zest are more pronounced. 9/10

I overbeat my cake batter, so I lost some volume and the cake didn't rise as much as I would've like so the cake is a lil dense, but very moist. It'd really help if I had a stand mixer instead of trying to use a hand mixer that goes way too fast, but I'm not about to not eat this cake so I'll consider it a win regardless.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I made a key lime cheesecake yesterday. Still need to top it today with whipped cream and mango slices. Just waiting for it to come up to temp.

Prebaking

Post baking

Released from the springform

It collapsed in on itself a bit. Think I overwhipped it a bit and baked it just slightly too long, but I'm 100% confident it'll be delicious. If anything it collapsing slightly will help it hold the topping better.

Edit:

Here it is all finished

Unfortunately I couldn't find any mangoes that were super ripe, so they were a bit tough to cut. Still delicious af overall.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 25, 2023