Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
The Men in the Dark Hats will come to take what is owed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
HBO Max will remove every single movie and TV series from their service

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People will stop eating asses and start slurping spinal cord juice

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I banged ops mom in 2023

Same

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

New Billy Squier song released - Nasty Is My Dick

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A new SpongeBob series but it's the guy from aqua team hunger forcee running the cumbucket megabucket

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
It's gonna be stupid

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

HBO Max will remove every single movie and TV series from their service

Seriouspost: at least one of the many streaming services will shut down due to huge money losses and lack of interest.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Grenada will finally take the Grenadines back from St Vincent.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

A landmark case will also rename Grenades 'Portable Fougasses' unless manufactured in Greater Grenada.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Henry Kissinger dies.

William Shatner dies.

Twitter HQ somehow catches fire and Elon Musk perishes in the blaze.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

The real events are going to be dumber than we ever could've expected.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

A groundswell of support for The UN International year of Millets will change all our lives, permanently.

naem
May 29, 2011

Serge Painsbourg posted:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

mountains of skulls

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Serge Painsbourg posted:

And yet, as an American I can predict with absolute confidence that 2023 will not be nearly as dumb as 2024.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Henry Kissinger dies.

William Shatner dies.

If Elon catches fire yes definitely going to survive and use it as an excuse to wear a Dr Doom mask

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I die

(I'm old)

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
King Charles III, Biden and Trump are all dead by the end of the year from various natural causes.
Serbia re-invades Kosovo.
Oversized and baggy suits are in again.
Someone finally makes a good vegan cheese.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Baudolino posted:

King Charles III, Biden and Trump are all dead by the end of the year from various natural causes.

Is that some kind of dog

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I finally finish something I started

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Trump falls while going up on an escalator, but he falls at the exact rate that it's going up, creating a perpetual battering machine. Everyone is laughing too hard to help him for a full hour. Also he shits his pants multiple times.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Baudolino posted:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Patrick Stewart dies. The world mourns.

Donald Trump still toddles on. The world mourns.

Also the climate keeps breaking. Most of the world (that is reported on) doesn't notice.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
No one else is allowed to make movies besides Disney, anymore.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Florida somehow rises out of the ocean increasing it's land index by about a third.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Canada will annex North Dakota, and the US will do nothing to stop it

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Jelly posted:

No one else is allowed to make movies besides Disney, anymore.

Each genre will be produced by color coded substudios, Disney Red is superhero films Disney Blue is cop films Disney Green is military films etc

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hall and Oates reunite and achieve world peace and harmony through their music.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Hall and/or Oates dies from colon cancer.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
the superbowl champion is correctly predicted by an elderly, non-traditional pet on tiktok
On the ides of march madness, a middle aged divorcee declines to sell his bracket to warren buffet and drinks himself to death in obscurity
condom sales decline
Crabs declared extinct, remaining legs are split between logan paul, consolidated mukbang streamers, and costco wholesale members
America goes to the movies again
Squatters refuse to leave carvana vending machine
Today reports a drop in cost for the average thanksgiving dinner
Gas under $3/gal
none can forestall the doom of this world
you dont get a ticket to see an artist you like, they die, and you tell all your friends you wished you had seen them

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

naem posted:

the young generation, currently high school and college students, will discover music and/or fashion from approx. 20 years ago as if new and do it again only slightly wrong this time

people in their late thirties and early forties notice and are both nostalgic and disturbed as they realize they aren’t included this time round

Already happening.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Disney will rewrite copyright law so Mickey stays out of the public domain.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There will be three times during the year where people think kissinger died. He will not die this decade somehow.

That child actor you really liked in that show you watched as a kid suddenly makes the news out of no where due to doing crimes and being a super dick. They avoid jail by going to rehab.

Another major bit of antarctic will plop off and we will make up a new term for a particularly bit of weird weather that used to happen so infrequently we never really needed to name it before.

One of the Beatles that is not dead will become dead. People will be pretty sad a bit this obviously.

The main villain of the decade is introduced but in such a small inconsequential way no one notices.

A new social media service that is sort of like a mix between minecraft and tic tok will become very popular with people between the ages of 7-14. Anyone over the age of 16 will be very confused by what exactly it is and why people find it enjoyable. Due to micro-transactions it will make obscene amounts of money.

A train goes missing in a major subway. after a week of everyone being really confused about it, everybody just sort of forgets that it. Except the people in the city where it happened, who are annoyed for an entire month while the subway remains closed while a full investigation is in progress. The official report on the incident comes out six month later and it spends a lot of words to basically say :shrug:

They'll be a sort of catchy song that comes out about mid year, that will catch on massively. It will be played out by the end of the year and the song and the musician/band who put it out will never be thought of by anyone again.

The moon will take on a slight wobble, astronomers will say it's quite odd, but nothing to worry about.

Trying to emulate Adam Sandler, Pauly shore will star in a dramatic movie. It expectedly sucks.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Henry Kissinger dies.

William Shatner dies.

Do you have some sort of altar I may worship to make this come true? I mean you can avoid Shatner’s death but if he has to go to make Kissinger and Musk croak then he will be remembered as a noble sacrifice.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Having failed at that as much as he failed everyone in his life, Lowtax suddenly and inexplicably turns into a popular meme.
Kids will go to school wearing Lowtax slogans shirts.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

There will be a prolonged Hollywood writers strike early in the year. Every major studio will heavily invest in AI screenwriting software, and continue to be able to produce content.

By the middle of the year actors and sets are being replaced with AI leading to the first completely AI generated feature film, which everyone goes to see out of morbid curiosity. Hollywood execs will learn the wrong lesson, and replace all currently slated movies and shows with 100% AI. Content is cheap and quick to make leading to millions of new shows and movies every month.

Because of the overwhelming amount of content Amazon creates an AI personal content curator that views through all new content and makes recommendations to their subscriber.

By the end of the year there will be no humans involved in visual arts, either as a creator or consumer, but it will be the most lucrative business sector.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 16, 2022

naem
May 29, 2011

the youngest millennials who are 27 in 2023 suddenly realize they aren’t the young generation any more as Gen Z cultural norms get all the attention

for the next 3-5 years, into their early 30’s, young millennials will quietly adopt Gen Z mannerisms and dress, attempting to enjoy their remaining youth, feeling a quiet desperation at being found out

“young enough to go to the club, to old to be there”

or as Gen Z phrases it SMOOTY GNNOÖRKK

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

2023=2022+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Eating rear end becomes passé. The new hot meme sex move is armpit sex.