Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
when someone reacts to one of your messages, you have to go to the separate “activity” tab and acknowledge it there to get rid of the notification. why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
because its poo poo op

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

honestly the most annoying thing about teams is that it is so incredibly bad within the envelope of being fine. i absolutely could not motivate sending a cent salesforces way for slack when teams is basically a freebie in a subscription you'll have anyway. but it is maximally annoying while keeping that true.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

when someone reacts to one of your messages, you have to go to the separate “activity” tab and acknowledge it there to get rid of the notification. why

this is really loving annoying op. it's bad enough I do that to troll my coworkers

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the worst team about teams is the fact that chat is so incredibly slow. like, it’s just text, how is this so hard?

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Teams is the only piece of software that makes me think "wait, maybe Slack wasn't so bad after all"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Poopernickel posted:

Teams is the only piece of software that makes me think "wait, maybe Slack wasn't so bad after all"

i will, contradicting my previous post, also note that (being on slack still for other jobs) slack is getting worse at an astonishing rate. just bizarre bugs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

people love to reply with weird rear end emojis on teams

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have teams the desktop app and teams web open at the same time so I can monitor a couple different chats easier. I’ve noticed notifications come in on web immediately and sometimes don’t appear on desktop unless I click into the app. ??

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

honestly the most annoying thing about teams is that it is so incredibly bad within the envelope of being fine. i absolutely could not motivate sending a cent salesforces way for slack when teams is basically a freebie in a subscription you'll have anyway. but it is maximally annoying while keeping that true.

Correct

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

It's because you need to change your settings. See attached for the correct config.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that doesn’t do anything

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
The phone app takes like 5 seconds to update whenever I swap back to it, and displays the "you're in a call on another device" banner every single time

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
when i hear from friends that their company uses teams, i never understand.

like...why? your company did an analysis comparing teams and slack and decided teams was the better one?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people love to reply with weird rear end emojis on teams

one time my cowoker's cat died and he posted about needing to take the day off to grieve and i poo poo you not like 5 people reacted with the cat emoji with no "sorry for your loss" reply

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

teen phone cutie posted:

like...why? your company did an analysis comparing teams and slack and decided teams was the better one?

why pay for slack when teams comes with your enterprise seats

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

why pay for slack when teams comes with your enterprise seats

hmmm fwiw, i know nothing about teams so i just assumed it was brand loyalty or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Does mikkkro$$$oft store teams chat data like slack does?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yes

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
for me the worst thing is when i mouse off to the left of the teams window which happens to pass over one of the icons that pops up the sidebar, the sidebar doesn't unpop when the cursor leaves the window and in fact just becomes a grey rectangle obscuring the left half of the application

it is by far the worst chat client i have ever used and i curse it daily

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

teen phone cutie posted:

It's strictly a cost saving measure. You're already paying for Teams if you're on m365. If you're a 50 person company on m365 and want slack you need to pay $7.5k a year for something your CFO will say you "already have". and hard to measure that slack's better software will result in at least $7.5k a year worth of value in the form of increased productivity or whatever.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AnimeIsTrash posted:

sure does, and you can use all your e-discovery tools on it. you can also set retention policies. it's under your control, like a real corporate product should be

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have a coworker who literally writes M$ every time he’s talking about them. We use ADO and Teams extensively, so he does it a lot.

I keep wanting to tell him that 2001 Slashdot called and it wants its memes back

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i dislike the non-standard notifications that teams uses

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
when I get a phone call sometimes the teams app tries to hijack it and if i accidentally press answer in teams it does not actually start the call and also becomes impossible to hang up without restarting my phone. thanx microsoft

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it exists

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

i dislike the non-standard notifications that teams uses

you can change it to use system notifications, except when a meeting or call starts, those still use the nonstandard notifications lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Jenny Agutter posted:

you can change it to use system notifications, except when a meeting or call starts, those still use the nonstandard notifications lol

yeah I found that setting a few weeks ago but the only thing we use teams for is meetings and calls sooooo

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
unlike zoom it won't auto focus to the person talking on a group call so when I'm in a big call I have no idea who is talking. it will highlight the person but only if they're on the visible section of users in the crazy mosaic layout they have

fortunately my company is bucking the trend by paying for slack and zoom and teams and we only use teams for one specific kind of meeting (for some reason).

they keep sending out surveys with questions like "how much do you agree with this statement: 'Using Teams as part of an integrated Microsoft ecosystem would improve my workflow'" so they're probably up to something

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
one thing that happened today was i quickly clicked into teams to send a msg to my coworker, but some kind of "helpful dialogue" came up a bit into my message (to showcase some bullshit "feature") and stole my input for a few characters before disappearing. i got so mad i had to just get up and walk away from the computer for a while

on the same note, teams is usually the last app to load when my computer boots (probably b/c it's an unoptimized pos) and so i'll be logging into the VPN, when teams suddenly captures my input and i better be quick to notice or i'm going to send the last four characters of my password out! who loving designed this?!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Petanque posted:

who loving designed this?!

i'm looking forward to that achewood comic sans comic when it's revealed it was the same team that did communicator/lync/skype4biz

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

big scary monsters posted:

when I get a phone call sometimes the teams app tries to hijack it and if i accidentally press answer in teams it does not actually start the call and also becomes impossible to hang up without restarting my phone. thanx microsoft

To be fair this isn't totally unique to ms, we have Avaya desk phones and they also struggle with concepts such as "answering a call" and "hanging up"

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Teams is the ie6 of chat programs: dogshit but ubiquitous and free* so every corp will use it anyway

In 15 years ms will have to start sending dire security warnings and begging ppl to drop it and migrate to something else

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Petanque posted:

one thing that happened today was i quickly clicked into teams to send a msg to my coworker, but some kind of "helpful dialogue" came up a bit into my message (to showcase some bullshit "feature") and stole my input for a few characters before disappearing. i got so mad i had to just get up and walk away from the computer for a while

on the same note, teams is usually the last app to load when my computer boots (probably b/c it's an unoptimized pos) and so i'll be logging into the VPN, when teams suddenly captures my input and i better be quick to notice or i'm going to send the last four characters of my password out! who loving designed this?!

i don’t have any of these problems when i use ms teams

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

an ms teams integration is currently a really huge career opportunity for me so its actually good op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it’s an ok app imo but it has some annoyances

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

an ms teams integration is currently a really huge career opportunity for me so its actually good op

I always wondered if it’d be fun to piss off an entire company I work for

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

sure does, and you can use all your e-discovery tools on it. you can also set retention policies. it's under your control, like a real corporate product should be

I have had 2 times in my life I had to do an ediscovery using O365 and one time I got a PST that I wanted, the other I got an excel of metadata that seemed extraneous. I'm pretty sure I need some additional tier or something to make it work but it's not clear. If I have to do it again it sounds like a great third party make it work opportunity for idiots-cum-admin like me

Geebs
Jun 1, 2022

The ø is silent.
Like 75% of the time when I put an inline text/code block at the end of the message I'm typing (say, with backticks), I can't do anything to escape the box to type unformatted text after the block. The cursor just remains in the code block until I delete the block entirely.

It's just gotten to the point where I write all my teams messages containing code in another editor and copy paste it.

MS teams can integrate into the trash.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The best thing about Teams is that it's less worse than its predecessors. Skype for business, lync, office communicator were all so, so, so terrible. We had to set up three, maybe four servers to get core functionality with lync. It was hella cheugy and cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
teams client sucks hugely because its made of javascript