Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Shaggar posted:

teams client sucks hugely because its made of javascript

MSFT and yet not .NET; shaggar's conundrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

teams client sucks hugely because its made of javascript

but slack is JavaScript and doesn’t suck???

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

akadajet posted:

but people can message you on slack and that kind of sucks

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

akadajet posted:

Slack does suck though.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

akadajet posted:

:dafuq:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Geebs posted:

Like 75% of the time when I put an inline text/code block at the end of the message I'm typing (say, with backticks), I can't do anything to escape the box to type unformatted text after the block. The cursor just remains in the code block until I delete the block entirely.

It's just gotten to the point where I write all my teams messages containing code in another editor and copy paste it.

MS teams can integrate into the trash.

teams is absolutely rear end with codeblocks it's staggering

pressing enter usually sends a message, so i reflexively shift-enter to newline.
pressing enter while you're in a code block newlines and closes the code block. its the only way to close the code block as far as i can tell.

wanna exit the code block? you gotta do that thing that usually would send your message too early making you look like an entire dipshit.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
gently caress Windows Messenger Office Communicator Lync Skype for Business Teams
your SIP is garbage

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just give me an app were we can only have coinversations in emojis

Geebs
Jun 1, 2022

The ø is silent.

AtomD posted:

pressing enter usually sends a message, so i reflexively shift-enter to newline.
pressing enter while you're in a code block newlines and closes the code block. its the only way to close the code block as far as i can tell.

I see, clearly I should have thought about trying the absolute worst hotkey choice possible because that was probably the answer. I'll remember that for next time...

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
the other great key combo is option + command + shift + v to paste without formatting on mac

could not be simpler

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
my phone gets messages 10 seconds before the desktop sometimes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

is there a mr teams....? :mrgw:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just give me an app were we can only have coinversations in emojis

Yo! Enterprise Edition

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i will give ms teams this, it is better than cisco jabber, altho having essentially an aim buddy list was a nostalgic feeling

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

Yo! Enterprise Edition

YEE

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
i end up using slack (huddles), google meets, zoom, and teams all on a maybe two week basis? my last job used skype almost exclusively for some hosed it reason.

i think by meeting size slack huddles then meets then zoom is the best. i like slack huddles because the audio doesn’t cut everyone off when you just like make an utterance in agreement or like to let the other person know you follow. meets has the necessary functionality and the calendar syncs up so i can just hit the join button so that’s nice. zoom is not teams and lets you layout stuff well to watch presentations. teams is just turbo dogshit and i try to skip those meetings.

blee bloop

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i like goog meet for work stuff cause calendar integration is so nice

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

is there a mr teams....? :mrgw:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Great news: Teams now has support to add all emojis as reactions.

They're still the ugly Microsoft versions of the emojis, and you still can't add custom emojis. Baby steps, though! We'll be on track to beat Slack by the year of Linux on the desktop.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

i will give ms teams this, it is better than cisco jabber, altho having essentially an aim buddy list was a nostalgic feeling

jabber is probably the worst bit of software I've ever used

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

actually the cisco jabber mobile "app" was the worst. only merit was that it was an easy justification for not responding out of hours

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the most annoying thing about ms teams was having to log back into it this morning for back to work

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

graph posted:

the most annoying thing about ms teams was having to log back into it this morning for back to work

you too??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The boss's brother.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm on an all-day Teams meeting and that is without a doubt the most annoying thing.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

thank u satya

#blessed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i got that notification as well, but they added that feature like 3-6 months ago

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I just use the win+. emoji picker because it saves last used

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Geebs posted:

Like 75% of the time when I put an inline text/code block at the end of the message I'm typing (say, with backticks), I can't do anything to escape the box to type unformatted text after the block. The cursor just remains in the code block until I delete the block entirely.

It's just gotten to the point where I write all my teams messages containing code in another editor and copy paste it.

Pasting Markdown into MS Teams doesn't even parse properly!

Gnossiennes posted:

To be fair to cisco, jabber is a deprecated tool and was replaced with Cisco Spark, which is now called Webex Teams.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

actively typing an email and seeing my icon change to yellow, back to green, yellow again, and then disconnect

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Would you rather lose your job or be forced to use Teams?
https://fortune.com/2023/02/09/github-is-laying-off-10-of-staff-and-cutting-down-office-space/

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
The most annoying thing about teams is the people who use it

I am one of those people

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Trying to convince my team to stand up a message board ala here, I think it would legitimately be a more useful communication tool than teams for most of our communications

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

InternetOfTwinks posted:

stand up a message board ala here

wät

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Trying to convince my team to stand up a message board ala here, I think it would legitimately be a more useful communication tool than teams for most of our communications

it absolutely would not

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
teams keeps prompting me for new features every time I start it and I could not care less. shut up and let me view this dumb meeting.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

InternetOfTwinks posted:

there's a thing for this called Threads.com. When I used it I genuinely preferred it to emails - but it never replaced Slack

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

our it department rn

https://youtu.be/XRPUoz1TYro

we have until feb. 28th to switch. i have a lot of very important slack message threads and insofar they have not come up with a way for us to archive chats

also, teams wants us to use threads, but every time i go to another team chat threads are collapsed and i need to press "xx more replies" again and again

also it keeps insisting on only showing a maximum of 3 lines of code - including one line just for saying "click here to expand"

thanks, i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

go play outside Skyler posted:

our it department rn

https://youtu.be/XRPUoz1TYro

we have until feb. 28th to switch. i have a lot of very important slack message threads and insofar they have not come up with a way for us to archive chats

also, teams wants us to use threads, but every time i go to another team chat threads are collapsed and i need to press "xx more replies" again and again

also it keeps insisting on only showing a maximum of 3 lines of code - including one line just for saying "click here to expand"

thanks, i hate it

look, buddy, this comes for free with our office subscription and I will beat the poo poo out of my okrs this year. so just grin and bear it