Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's the time of year where news folks have already baked their articles for the year as they bug out... so it's time for TECH PREDICTIONS!!!

Here's a few good ones, but I want to hear what the yospos hivemind predicts will happen in the year of our lord 2023

Amazon CTO Vogels posted:

In the coming years, every facet of every sport will undergo a digital transformation, and this will happen at every level of play, from youth basketball to professional cricket. Like music and video, sports will become data streams that we can analyze. The insights that these will unlock in the coming years will transform the entire sports industry and redefine what it means to play—and experience—every game.

From the Verge:

quote:

The media will begin its divorce from Twitter…. Alternative platforms like Mastodon, while smaller and less intuitive to use, offer a safe haven to more and more people — particularly journalists — looking for off-ramps.

From Forbes:

quote:

The metaverse” is something of a catchall term used by futurists to describe the “next level” of the internet. With this emerging technique, we can interact with brands and fellow consumers through fully immersive technology, including 3D environments and virtual reality. We also might use avatars of ourselves to describe our products and services.

quote:

Netflix will merge with another company. This one was actually mentioned twice — one executive predicted Netflix would merge with Paramount Global. The other guessed Disney, as Iger’s signature move upon returning to CEO.

Gartner posted:

By 2027, social media platform models will shift from “customer as product” to “platform as customer” of decentralized identity, sold through data markets.

My predictions:
There will be buzz about banning TikTok in the US, but nothing will happen

I predict I will buy a new computer, maybe a monitor too, and they will be good, but also bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
As Twitter and Mastodon struggle, a resurgent Clubhouse takes all the market share from people who need thought leadership in their lives