Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Intel's gonna do something really stupid and funny

i'll be way more daring and predict the opposite: intel suddenly starts delivering again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

to make up for it the idea that the bluechecks will move onto a new site is bonkers

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

RokosCockatrice posted:

netflix: acquired by amazon

interestingly i at least currently find streaming service consolidation kind of unlikely, as i can't imagine a service with double the content being able to charge like $30 (or quadruple content for $60), but consumers do subscribe to two (or rather like four). netflix makes good money, but i think the others do too, in a way which wouldn't be much improved by merging any two.

it'll probably change, but quite possible things will go the other way and there'll be more special-interest services in other areas too.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

subscriptions need to die, not proliferate

we live in an age where the next-year predictions thread almost necessarily looks very different from the next-year wishlist thread.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

once the activision deal goes through gamepass will slowly creep up in price forever

that’s the whole point of the exercise

that'll happen eventually for sure, but probably it'll take a bit longer, as i think cloud gaming remains their big play in this, so as long as they are afraid of competition from that angle they'll probably keep the prices down.

i.e. the deal microsoft struck with nvidia (which was a big player in cloud gaming in some regions apparently) is porbably a ore core deal to them than the activision purchase.