Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still wear a mask?
This poll is closed.
No, I'm a a dumb 33 40.74%
Yes, I'm a smart 48 59.26%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Had Covid half a year ago. Even though I was at home, I preferred the many times I was hospitalized for seizures over it.

Felt like a truck hit me. Even though I had a fever I still had to walk my dog a total of an hour a day because I have no help. At night I shivered uncontrollably and would have delirious thoughts of adding numbers together when I tried to sleep

So yeah I mask up! It’s loving stupid this is the rest of our lives because some dipshit ate a bat or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Had Covid half a year ago. Even though I was at home, I preferred the many times I was hospitalized for seizures over it.

Felt like a truck hit me. Even though I had a fever I still had to walk my dog a total of an hour a day because I have no help. At night I shivered uncontrollably and would have delirious thoughts of adding numbers together when I tried to sleep

So yeah I mask up! It’s loving stupid this is the rest of our lives because some dipshit ate a bat or whatever

It's not because some dipshit ate a bat.

It's because several million dipshits refuse to participate in any kind of serious effort to stamp it out.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

No mask anymore. All shot up.

Never had covid.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I only wear my mask because everyone else won't :colbert:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

No mask anymore. All shot up.

Never had covid.

Mostly same. I still use an N95 when I feel like it's a good idea, but that doesn't happen very often these days.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
In all seriousness, and I'm not taking a stance here, but wearing masks has devastated normal interaction with strangers. My theory is that you can't tell what people are doing with their faces, and can't gauge if this person is approachable, for either a "how ya doin?" or "oh pardon me." People just default to not saying poo poo anymore. It kinda sucks. It's not the end of the world, but something I feel confident having a take on.

I got this post in early before this thread gets closed in like, 3 pages.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

interwhat posted:

In all seriousness, and I'm not taking a stance here, but wearing masks has devastated normal interaction with strangers. My theory is that you can't tell what people are doing with their faces, and can't gauge if this person is approachable, for either a "how ya doin?" or "oh pardon me." People just default to not saying poo poo anymore. It kinda sucks. It's not the end of the world, but something I feel confident having a take on.

Great. Don't talk to me

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

interwhat posted:

Normal strangers where I live were by and large brazenly flouting prevention measures within weeks of the initial lockdowns.

I don't miss having normal interaction with them.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nah, not really

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
We keep them on us and if we go into a crowded store, we put them on. If we go inside and there's 5 other people in there, we don't. We haven't really been to any big crowded events like concerts or anything either

:shrug:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I always wear a mask even though these days with gait detection its really just a style choice.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I still wear a mask sometimes not because I think it will protect me from disease but because it makes me look more like a Mortal Kombat character. I would say I still see people wearing masks but it's got to be around 2%.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Szyznyk posted:

The governor pulled the mask right off my face and karate kicked me in the breadbasket.

One weird trick to win at operation

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moai Ou posted:

You joke, but that's what a former coworker of mine did. She made sure to have a plate of cheetos by her workstation so she could just have her mask on her chin and say "but I'm eating!" if anyone would say something. She was the first in our place to get Covid. She caught it three times by the time I left.

There were so many :smug: people pulling that trick and holding a bag of peanuts in their hand during entire plane flights or holding a bottle of water for an entire day while they walked around Disneyworld themepark so they could avoid masking.

But it was official CDC policy that during mandates you had to wear a mask inside a restaurant or bar except when you were seated to eat so the bullshit right from the top. :shrug:

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Basically never except sometimes on the Market-Frankford line because it's always half junkies and almost always crowded. Also when I had bronchitis from doing too many poppers I wore them (come on nobody wants to get coughed on even in the beforetimes) anywhere they were somewhat expected (pottery studio, hanging out with old people).

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

What’s up with people who are still wearing masks, but the wrong way with their nose out and stuff? I spot at least one or two every trip to Costco. Incredibly confusing people.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Nah I'm over it, my patience is up, I'm tired of them and they're annoying.

McDutchy
May 1, 2009
Yeah, I'm still masking up in public indoor settings after all my shots. One reason is that some of the potential complications around long covid seem very worth avoiding to me (no brain fog please, dealt with that after a concussion and it really sucked); another is that it would just be massively inconvenient to have to get through all of that - I have plans and stuff I don't want to miss. (Also I don't want to get someone I care about sick and see something bad happen to them!)

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

McDutchy posted:

Yeah, I'm still masking up in public indoor settings after all my shots. One reason is that some of the potential complications around long covid seem very worth avoiding to me (no brain fog please, dealt with that after a concussion and it really sucked); another is that it would just be massively inconvenient to have to get through all of that - I have plans and stuff I don't want to miss. (Also I don't want to get someone I care about sick and see something bad happen to them!)

:same:, although all of my IRL friends and family have given up. They can injure each others' brains all they like, I'm not participating.

olives black fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 20, 2022

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Slugworth posted:

Lol, I haven't worn one outside of medical settings in probably a year (North Carolina represent), but this post makes me want to start again out of spite.

I was referring to the poll calling those who don't wear masks anymore dumb when:

1. It's been nearly three years
2. Most of us have had multiple boosters
3. Most places are ranked low risk currently by the CDC

The "No mask = CHUD" ship has sailed. I have absolutely zero issue if people still choose to wear one.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I wear a mask on public transit and when going to stores for grocery shopping and such.

And at Planet Fitness. No one else at Planet Fitness wears a mask.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were so many :smug: people pulling that trick and holding a bag of peanuts in their hand during entire plane flights or holding a bottle of water for an entire day while they walked around Disneyworld themepark so they could avoid masking.

But it was official CDC policy that during mandates you had to wear a mask inside a restaurant or bar except when you were seated to eat so the bullshit right from the top. :shrug:

They're c.H.U.D.s my friend and they are not human

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I wore one today for the first time in awhile other than hospital visits. My son got the RSV virus and got me sick with it and I did the responsible thing and wore a mask while in public.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i opened this thread and realised i had forgotten to take off my kf94 from when i went to buy poo poo earlier lmao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

What’s up with people who are still wearing masks, but the wrong way with their nose out and stuff? I spot at least one or two every trip to Costco. Incredibly confusing people.

anyone you see at this point who is wearing a mask that is not an n95 or equivalent and/or is not wearing a mask properly has been forced to wear it against their will, probably because they tested positive or had symptoms and admitted it to their boss or a family member. or maybe just because it's store policy if you're in a business where everyone is wearing one.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bad Purchase posted:

anyone you see at this point who is wearing a mask that is not an n95 or equivalent and/or is not wearing a mask properly has been forced to wear it against their will, probably because they tested positive or had symptoms and admitted it to their boss or a family member. or maybe just because it's store policy if you're in a business where everyone is wearing one.

I lust for mass death

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

Darth Brooks posted:

I wore one today for the first time in awhile other than hospital visits. My son got the RSV virus and got me sick with it and I did the responsible thing and wore a mask while in public.

Lol the post/av text combo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No OP. Halloween ended 2 months ago. You can take off the mask.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Until they come out with the vaccine that actually ends Covid the way the polio vaccine ended polio, I'm going to do my best to avoid catching this virus that can gently caress your lungs, heart, and brain.

I remember when the CDC said "Just get vaccinated, then it's 100% over." I'm sure their rationale was "We have to tell them this ends Covid or else they won't take it." I wish they'd just been honest. They hurt their credibility.

And I remember when the head of the WHO admitted they know it's airborne, spread simply by breathing, meaning you really have to wear an N95 all the time or you will catch it. And I remember when they memory-holed that.

And I remember goons got banned for saying a vaccines-only strategy won't end the pandemic, masks and avoiding crowds are still necessary. "Anti-vax misinformation, banned."

I remember a lot of things. Mostly I remember that my buddy Martin loving died. Whenever people say "Well, we must live our lives, we must move on," I remember that Martin isn't living his life and if he moved on to anywhere, it was probably Hell, the crazy bastard.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I still do partly because I like that COVID normalized the concept of seeing people wear masks in public, which is something the US should have been doing during cold/flu season all along. I don't want that to go away, or worse, to end up with laws actually forbidding face coverings like several jurisdictions had prior to 2020.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

interwhat posted:

silence spaniard

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I still do partly because I like that COVID normalized the concept of seeing people wear masks in public, which is something the US should have been doing during cold/flu season all along. I don't want that to go away, or worse, to end up with laws actually forbidding face coverings like several jurisdictions had prior to 2020.

this country is an irredeemable shithole and i lust for the death of many of its occupants

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

yugioh mishima posted:

Lol the post/av text combo

The av text was inspired by the realization that you wear a mask not to keep from getting COVID but to keep others from inadvertently getting COVID from you.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
europeans are a joke. smh

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I've been in rural, rural Montana for 3 years and and can probably count on my fingers how many times I've left the house in that time. Still got COVID from my nephew.

On my three trips back to LA though, loving yes I masked up.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I wear one when I'm traveling on public transport cause it's filthy and often full of sick people coughing and sneezing all over.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FeminineFeistyAmericanwigeon-mobile.mp4
It's kinda funny to me how during the australian black summer bushfires people could not get enough masks but as soon as the mask mandates came in everyone I met was complaining about having to wear a useless mask that wont stop anything.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Das Boo posted:

I've been in rural, rural Montana for 3 years

My condolences. At least based on what I have gathered about rural Montana.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My condolences. At least based on what I have gathered about rural Montana.

100%. I've had family out here for 20 years and they're still considered outsiders. It's a cult community.

Luckily, I WFH and just don't loving deal with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
siri purchase a butt dust mallet? siri buy rear end dust mallet amazon